Guns: how much longer will it take ....

oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2020 12:04 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
your denials are denied.

You cannot provide any examples of conservatives supporting the violation of anyone's civil rights.

I can provide examples of progressives violating people's civil liberties for no reason.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2020 05:35 am
@oralloy,
dream on.
NealNealNeal

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2020 08:23 am
@oralloy,
They have a reason. They are corrupted by their desire for POWER
The election of Donald Trump messed up their plans. They have fought against a successful America ever since Trump took office. They are even willing to see Americans die from Corona Virus to keep Trump from being elected again.
Please remember. I am talking about the radical leftists. I am not talking about moderate Dems.
oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2020 11:00 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:
I am talking about the radical leftists.

I usually call them progressives.

NealNealNeal wrote:
They have a reason. They are corrupted by their desire for POWER

I think the reason is that progressives derive sadistic pleasure from violating people's civil liberties.
oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2020 11:01 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
dream on.

Here is an example of progressives violating civil liberties for no reason:
https://able2know.org/topic/203766-209#post-5227079

Note your own failure to provide any examples of conservatives supporting the violation of anyone's civil rights. I was correct to note that you would be unable to provide any such examples.

You should know by now that I always back up my claims and you never back up your claims. It was pretty foolish of you to try to deny reality. It would be wiser for you to next time just acknowledge that I'm right.
NealNealNeal

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2020 11:20 am
@oralloy,
You are correct. Leftists like to call themselves "progressives".
However, they should be called "destructives". Most moderate Dems are reasonable. "Progressives" are not.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2020 04:41 pm
Midland-Odessa shooting: Families file suit against Lubbock man, arms manufacturer

ECTOR COUNTY — Nearly a year after a mass shooter went on a killing rampage in Midland-Odessa that left seven dead and 25 injured, surviving family members Friday filed a lawsuit seeking more than $1 million in damages against a Lubbock man and an arms manufacturer.

On Friday, Aug. 28, 2020, Joanna Leyva, Nathan Hernandez, Rodolfo Trejo, Gary Griffith, Sharon Griffith and Carla Griffith Byrne filed a petition in Ector County, Texas seeking over $1 million in damages against both Marcus Anthony Braziel of Lubbock and Anderson Manufacturing for their alleged role in a mass shooting.

. . .

Surviving family members who "continue to suffer from their own wounds, mental anguish and trauma they experienced on that deadly day," filed the lawsuit Friday on behalf of Leilah Hernandez and Joseph Griffith, according to the petition.

The lawsuit, which claims the AR-15 rifle used by the mass shooter was illegally obtained through Braziel and manufactured by Anderson Arms, seeks "to hold accountable the actors that manufactured, profited from, and supplied the firearm that was used in the shooting."

Surviving family members said they also hoped "by imposing accountability on the defendants for their negligence and violations of the law, that they might prevent future gun violence and future gun deaths in Texas, and beyond," according to the petition.

. . .

Under federal law, the shooter was prohibited from buying or possessing a weapon due to a disqualifying mental health issue, according to the petition.

. . .

The shooter, who once failed a background check for an attempted firearm purchase, was able to buy the AR-15-style rifle in a private sale purchased from Braziel in Lubbock, according to the petition.

. . .

Among several other citations of alleged negligence, the lawsuit claims Braziel did not posses a federal license to sell firearms, but sold a firearm to a person ineligible to possess a firearm.

Braziel made false statements in required federal records and concealed the sale of weapons from law enforcement, according to the petition.

The lawsuit also alleges that Anderson Manufacturing, a federally licensed firearms dealer, violated federal statues and regulations and had a responsibility to ensure it not sell multiple firearms to unlicensed weapons dealers like Braziel.

"On or before Aug. 31, 2019, Anderson Manufacturing knew or reasonably should have known that Braziel was engaged in unlawful gun selling," the petition states.

"(It) knew or should have known that illegally sold firearms create an unreasonable risk of harm to third parties because a foreseeable and likely consequence of illegally selling firearms is gun violence resulting in serious injury or death," according to the petition.

more. . .
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2020 06:43 am
@oralloy,
It is only fantasy on your part to think you're right. It's not a violation of liberties because scotus does not agree with you. There is valid reason for that law whether or not you think so. Your alleged justifications are your opinion not fact.
oralloy

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2020 10:09 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
It is only fantasy on your part to think you're right.

Progressives dislike reality, but no. Reality is not a fantasy.

MontereyJack wrote:
It's not a violation of liberties because scotus does not agree with you.

That is wrong in so many ways that I might not be able to list them all.

First, appeals to authority are a logical fallacy.

Second, you have no basis for claiming that SCOTUS does not agree with me.

Third, even if it had actually been true that SCOTUS does not agree with me, that would not mean that I am wrong.

MontereyJack wrote:
There is valid reason for that law whether or not you think so.

Wrong. If there had been a valid reason, you or someone else could have listed that valid reason.

Your silence proves that you can't list any valid reason for that law.

MontereyJack wrote:
Your alleged justifications are your opinion not fact.

Wrong again. It is a fact that you can not provide any justification for outlawing pistol grips on semi-auto long guns.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 08:29 am
@oralloy,
wrong on all counts, as usual. You know why you are wrong. It's been pointed out many times.
oralloy

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 10:01 am
@MontereyJack,
You're a phony who never backs up anything that he says.

You can't provide any examples of me being wrong about anything.

You can't provide any motivation for banning pistol grips on semi-auto long guns.

You can't provide anything at all.
Teufel

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 10:35 am
@msolga,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oLzX0RPquk
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 06:34 pm
@oralloy,
You do realize you're lying. I have repeatedly pointed out where you are wrong, which is pretty much always, and where you confuse your opinion with fact, which is also pretty much always. Since no one is trying to ban pistol grips,,, that is, as always,, simply your red herring. Banning weapons, yes, banning ;pistol grips, donbn't be silly. And your arguments from ignorance are silly as well, since uu regard citing anyone who actually knows something about a topic as a logical fallacy because you regard it as an argument from authority. You really are ludicrous, surely ypu recognize it by now, since it's been pointed out to you ao often.
oralloy

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 07:15 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
You do realize you're lying.

Everything that I said is true. You've never backed up any of your claims.

MontereyJack wrote:
I have repeatedly pointed out where you are wrong, which is pretty much always,

You cannot point out anyplace where you've ever pointed out an error on my part.

You cannot point out any errors on my part even now.

MontereyJack wrote:
and where you confuse your opinion with fact, which is also pretty much always.

You cannot point out anyplace where you've ever shown me to have confused opinion with fact.

You cannot point out anyplace where I've confused opinion with fact even now.

MontereyJack wrote:
Since no one is trying to ban pistol grips,,, that is, as always,, simply your red herring. Banning weapons, yes, banning ;pistol grips, don't be silly.

Your word games are sophistry. Banning weapons whenever they happen to have a pistol grip on them is the same thing as banning pistol grips on such weapons.

MontereyJack wrote:
And your arguments from ignorance are silly as well,

You cannot provide any examples of me arguing from ignorance.

I know more about the Second Amendment than you know about everything in the universe.

MontereyJack wrote:
since you regard citing anyone who actually knows something about a topic as a logical fallacy because you regard it as an argument from authority.

I am correct to do so. It is indeed a logical fallacy.

Your equating of authority with knowledge is pretty silly.

MontereyJack wrote:
You really are ludicrous, surely you recognize it by now, since it's been pointed out to you so often.

That progressives find facts and reality to be ludicrous says more about progressives than it does conservatives.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 10:43 pm
@oralloy,
If you're really as intelligent as you claim to be, yoou'l,l realize your so=called facts are usually just figments of your imagination and you've been trolling us for years. If you don't realize that, you're not as intelligent as you pretend to be.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 10:44 pm
@oralloy,
Nothing in your post is true.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 11:14 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Nothing in your post is true.

You are right, all of it is true.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 05:13 am
@coldjoint,
Your posts have negative truth value as well.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 10:59 am
@coldjoint,
Your almost as smart as Ollie. I bet you can claim an IQ of 169.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 11:14 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Your almost as smart as Ollie. I bet you can claim an IQ of 169.

Looks like you lost another bet.
0 Replies