Online dating, flirting and dating burn-out.

Green Witch

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 07:29 pm
(obviously Kicky and I are having a meeting of the minds at the moment)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 07:30 pm
You beat me to it though. Must be those powers of witchcraft.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 07:33 pm
C'mon Kicky, you can list two or three ways of meeting people.

1) Pick up a hooker with cash.
2) Wakes. Recent widows=easy.
3) One simple pick up line: "excuse me, does this smell like cloroform?"
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 07:33 pm
kickycan wrote:
You beat me to it though. Must be those powers of witchcraft.

The Hamsters like me best.
0 Replies

NoNe

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 07:34 pm
Green Witch wrote:
NoNe, how do you think single people should meet each other?
The way people do meet each other others than online. Interests, places where they go.
The reason why I would prefer offline dating and meeting people is because:Comming up to an interesting girl requires much more than just dropping a "Hey, Gorgeous! I like ur profile and would like to meet you!" message. I am suspicious, sorry. How do I know this is not a person who is married with kids and family who is simply screwing young girls around?
Second thing is, I never tried dating online. Men would approach, and if I like him, find him interesting, and there is something in him I like, I would give him a chance to take it to another level by having a cup of coffe or maybe even lunch Rolling Eyes
I mean, people who do not have internet, they still meet and marry each other, don't they?
What if internet is down, people will die single in their homes? What are the friends, family for?
Rolling Eyes
I think I start to understand people now. Meeting people offline must be the same sort of wierd experience for someone as is online meeting for me. Question
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 07:38 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
C'mon Kicky, you can list two or three ways of meeting people.

1) Pick up a hooker with cash.
2) Wakes. Recent widows=easy.
3) One simple pick up line: "excuse me, does this smell like cloroform?"

I'm with you, my brother.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 07:39 pm
NoNe wrote:
How do I know this is not a person who is married with kids and family who is simply screwing young girls around?

But you can instantly tell this when you meet someone in person, right?
0 Replies

NoNe

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 07:40 pm
Some of u got quite sarcasticv, mentioning hookers and stuff. Although, I dunno, if u can call hooking up with a hooker a "DATE", I might've got it wrong on the first place.
People have jobs, they go to places and meet people of the opposite(let's not disclude homosexuals which might be present amongst forumers, same sex partners as well) sex and exchange numbers, ask out, get to know each other. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 07:40 pm
NoNe..... I used to meet people that way, but as people age and become ladden with life, there seem to be fewer ways to meet new people.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 07:41 pm
NoNe wrote:
The way people do meet each other others than online. Interests, places where they go.
The reason why I would prefer offline dating and meeting people is because:Comming up to an interesting girl requires much more than just dropping a "Hey, Gorgeous! I like ur profile and would like to meet you!" message. I am suspicious, sorry. How do I know this is not a person who is married with kids and family who is simply screwing young girls around?
Second thing is, I never tried dating online. Men would approach, and if I like him, find him interesting, and there is something in him I like, I would give him a chance to take it to another level by having a cup of coffe or maybe even lunch Rolling Eyes
I mean, people who do not have internet, they still meet and marry each other, don't they?
What if internet is down, people will die single in their homes? What are the friends, family for?
Rolling Eyes
I think I start to understand people now. Meeting people offline must be the same sort of wierd experience for someone as is online meeting for me. Question

Goddammit, you really like the eye-rolly emoticon, don't you? Rolling Eyes

I have another question. How does your method of meeting someone weed out the psychos and the freaks any better than meeting online?
0 Replies

NoNe

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 07:41 pm
sozobe wrote:
NoNe wrote:
How do I know this is not a person who is married with kids and family who is simply screwing young girls around?

sozobe, do u want me to say I am all for online meeting and dating? Sorry, I disagree
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 07:43 pm
NoNe, I'm twice your age, so I remember dating when there was no such thing as the internet. Trust me - married men who wanted to cheat still preyed on single women. People easily deceived each other face to face and serial killers still found victims. You always have to be careful, wether you find someone on line or through a family introduction you have to use your instincts. I know a number of happy couples who met via internet dating, and they probably would never have found each other without it. Until you are more experienced in this world, I suggest you leave the love advice to the older folks.
0 Replies

kickycan

sozobe wrote:
NoNe wrote:

Bingo. Again somebody beats me to the punch. Dammit, I need to stop masturbating while I'm on posting.
0 Replies

sozobe

No. I want you to admit that this specific reason that you gave for preferring real-life meetings to meetings online doesn't hold water. People can be plenty deceptive in real life, too.

Note, YOU can prefer whatever the heck you want -- but you're being awfully judgemental for someone who can't even lay out a decent case for your high-falutin' opinions.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 07:46 pm
NoNe has a fairly circumscribed view and is very quick to post it dogmatically to other people of all ages around the world, usually with little reading of what they have had posted. As I wrote in a comment of mine before, somewhat sardonically, but not entirely - I wish her luck in life.

I like NoNe's energy, but it is presently working against her on a2k, from a failure to listen and think, or maybe think and listen. This recent go-round is not the first spate of posts.

And no, I'm not anti russian.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 07:47 pm
I hope NoNe is never in a situation where all her friends are married and not going out and she is working 12+ hours a day and finds herself single, she may find that the online thing is a good supplement to meeting people in everyday life.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 07:54 pm
That's all it is, a supplement.

If I ever relied just on online dating, I'd almost be a virgin. I've never met anyone I was really attracted to online, and never had good luck getting responses back from those I initiated. In real life, I do much better.

It's so easy for a good looking girl online. I heard about women who have posted personal ads on craigslist will typically get 100 responses, and guys get far, far less.

And far as hookers not being dates, they DO walk up and say "you looking for a date?" I don't understand the confused looks they give me when I take them to a movie.
0 Replies

NoNe

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 08:12 pm
Was I really that rude? I almost feel like leaving this forum.
If u only had a life of mine, u would feel the same. But u r single wolf-Americans. Wolf is not a bad thing, do not get me wrong. Wolf-an animal who finds it's own food, if he finds he eats, if not dies sort of person. Americans. Indeed, it is difficult to be one. Those who are from asian cultures know, that by the age u need to date, people start playing matchmaking, taking u to places where u meet singles like u. Normally for something serious, not only sex. Rolling Eyes
Hey Folks, I am leaving soon-I have a Date with my BF. Razz
ps. I apologize if I was rude or bad to any of u. I will try to know my boundaries...and work on my spelling Razz
PPS. Still, I cannot imagine how people can hook up online, Swear to God Exclamation
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 08:15 pm
Well, dunno if I've said it, but welcome to A2K, NoNe. I think it'd be good if you stuck around. (and eased up a little)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 08:38 pm
She's been here a year and a half.
0 Replies