Online dating, flirting and dating burn-out.

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 11:10 am
Well None is right on one account, there are a lot of losers online, and many, many people who are not what they say they are, (Just like on forums like this, men put up an avatar of a women's lips insinuating that they are women when it is obvious they are men)

Just like you do recognizing the losers you meet on the bar scene, you learn to recognize how to separate the wheat from the chaff. I have correspondences form lots of sweet guys who don't fit my preference but would be perfect for soomeone else. Like this really sweet Latino man in San Jose who is a devoted single father, really sweet guy but not for me.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 11:12 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
Well (Just like on forums like this, men put up an avatar of a women's lips insinuating that they are women when it is obvious they are men)

Now if that isn't one of the funniest damn posts I've read in a long time! Laughing
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 12:01 pm
plainoldme wrote:
Roxanne -- When I tried to follow your highlighted links, I ended up on ask.com, twice!

No On -- People of certain age groups can only meet others on line. They aren't losers.

Those aren't my highlighted links. They are a2k's highlighted links, in other words, advertising.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 12:07 pm
NoNe wrote:
Something is very very sad and wrong with those who actually "happily" flirt and date online and meet people online. Losers? I guess so. Otherwise, I see no reason why a person(of course, if not ugly dumbass) with low selfesteem would be in need of online dating? Those who are hot, interesting, and outgoing do not have time for spending hours at their computer chatting with some random people online.
What a lame.
PS. Not trying to hurt those of u who only "date" online. In fact, I bet u guys are very very very lonely and want some human attention and love which u are lacking in ur life.

I tried online dating after getting sick of meeting really, nice, interesting alcoholics in bars. Online dating is a multi-billion dollar industry and it's a great way to meet people if you learn how to navigate the minefield.

As far as losers go, I have quite a few of those but, overall, I am really surprised at the quality of responses. Lots of ex-military guys and conservative guys seem to take a hankering to me...perhaps the guys in the hinterlands just do not have much opportunity to meet women at all.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 01:46 pm
NoNe wrote:

But when they scream of it, feel good about "popularity" amongst bunch of incognito, online people whom they have never even met, how do u call them?
We, who do not belong to this "certain age group", call them LOSERS. Kapish?

I know no one who "screams" about dating on line.

What certain age group do you think I mean? If you know what I mean, you will reach it one day. With your level of empathy and understanding, I suspect you will be alone when that day comes.

BTW, it's capiche.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 01:56 pm
You can meet losers everywhere, not just in bars and online, but in churches, on the job and walking their dogs in parks.

Almost immediately after my former husband and I separated, I met an extremely handsome man, nine years my junior, doing his post-doc at Harvard and had a lovely, fun five month affair before he returned to Canada.

When it finished, I wanted to meet another man and so I did the personals. This was prior to internet personals. For six months, I met between one and three men a week, generally for coffee. Most of them were college professors from MIT, Harvard, BC, BU, Simmons, U-Mass/Boston. The funny thing is that I declined to see any of them again, but, not because they were losers.

I actually think it is easier to meet someone face-to-face because the physical leads the way and the rest falls into line behind.

I finally met a man with whom I had a long term relationship. I had gone to a local club that was then offering Cajun dance lessons. I was more interested in the music then in meeting anyone.

After that relationship ended, I did internet dating. I have found that men are more cautious on-line then they were through the traditional personals. They all insist on seeing a photo prior to meeting. The trouble is, I generally decline to meet after seeing their pictures.

I did receive an invitation from a man who lives in Bermuda to visit him but I felt he played too broad a field and so declined. However, he has a house in Westchester County and I would have gladly met him in NYC or the Berkshires.
0 Replies

NoNe

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 08:19 pm
plainoldme wrote:
NoNe wrote:

But when they scream of it, feel good about "popularity" amongst bunch of incognito, online people whom they have never even met, how do u call them?
We, who do not belong to this "certain age group", call them LOSERS. Kapish?

I know no one who "screams" about dating on line.

What certain age group do you think I mean? If you know what I mean, you will reach it one day. With your level of empathy and understanding, I suspect you will be alone when that day comes.

BTW, it's capiche.
Dear, at ur age, I would have strong family and kids=))
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 08:30 pm
Good luck to you, NoNe.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 09:19 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Well (Just like on forums like this, men put up an avatar of a women's lips insinuating that they are women when it is obvious they are men)

Now if that isn't one of the funniest damn posts I've read in a long time! Laughing

Ain't that just the truth?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 09:37 pm
NoNe wrote:
We, who do not belong to this "certain age group", call them LOSERS. Kapish? Rolling Eyes

Oh, I get it. What you mean to say is that you're too old and out of touch with the world of today to know what the f*ck you're talking about. Thanks for clarifying.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 09:41 pm
roger wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

Ain't that just the truth?

It's even funnier because she/it is clueless and serious.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 09:49 pm
So.......... how come I don't even worry about the fact that I have been single for so long anymore?
0 Replies

NoNe

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 12:14 am
kickycan wrote:
NoNe wrote:
We, who do not belong to this "certain age group", call them LOSERS. Kapish? Rolling Eyes

Oh, I get it. What you mean to say is that you're too old and out of touch with the world of today to know what the f*ck you're talking about. Thanks for clarifying.
don't u be mad at me if u date online, dear. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 02:02 pm
NoNe wrote:
quote]Dear, at ur age, I would have strong family and kids=))

What age is that?

BTW, what is a strong family?

I have assumed that you are a man, although I could be wrong. Let's poll the women here and see if -- from the personality revealed in your writing -- anyone would accept an invitation to meet you in person. (Clarification: this is a meeting, not a date.)
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 02:04 pm
littlek wrote:
So.......... how come I don't even worry about the fact that I have been single for so long anymore?

Could it be because all of your women friends are so miserable?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 04:11 pm
NoNe wrote:
kickycan wrote:
NoNe wrote:

don't u be mad at me if u date online, dear. Rolling Eyes

I'm not mad at you. I'm just pointing out the facts as I see them. Kind of like what you did, huh. Funny how you didn't see that little bit of irony there while you were responding to me.
0 Replies

NoNe

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 05:33 pm
The more I talk to you guys, the more obvious is the difference in cultures:mine and urs.
In the country where I am from, a person is married and has one or two kids by the age of thirty. This is what I said "By the age of urs, I will have kids and strong family"
I cannot comment on strong family thing. Our views are too different on this one. I do not want to sound insulting afterall Rolling Eyes
PS. No, I am not a guy. I am a 21 year old female. Rolling Eyes
PPS. I would not want to meet anybody from online..scary.
http://forum.arbuz.com/gallery/data/500/medium/jamila7.JPG
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 07:22 pm
I hear you. People who go online to find dates are losers.

So let's skip the date and just have wild monkey sex. I promise I won't ruin it by wearing a condom. But...you have to wear a Tony Danza mask and call me Angela.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 07:28 pm
NoNe, how do you think single people should meet each other?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 07:28 pm
NoNe wrote:
The more I talk to you guys, the more obvious is the difference in cultures:mine and urs.
In the country where I am from, a person is married and has one or two kids by the age of thirty. This is what I said "By the age of urs, I will have kids and strong family"
I cannot comment on strong family thing. Our views are too different on this one. I do not want to sound insulting afterall Rolling Eyes
PS. No, I am not a guy. I am a 21 year old female. Rolling Eyes
PPS. I would not want to meet anybody from online..scary.
http://forum.arbuz.com/gallery/data/500/medium/jamila7.JPG

Alright, it sounds like you are trying to be less abrasive now, so I'm going to let this argument drop.

But I have to ask. What is your preferred way of meeting people? Give me two or three options, if you would be so kind, please.
0 Replies