Online dating question

Tue 20 May, 2014 09:19 pm
Alright guys I met a girl on this app yesterday that I talked to all day but I want to clear a few things up before I know her a week and wonder how to get **** done. I know for a fact she is a real person and she lives close ( we became Facebook friends) she has so much in common with me but I don't know if I'm doing this right.. I didn't message her at all today because I'm planning on doing it like every other day to not seem desperate.. Do u think it's a good routine sofar? I've already found out about a lot of her interests also... When should I ask for her number? I know the best way just when? And finally .. How to go from texting to hanging out in person.. Which we already discussed multiple things we can do and share interests in just how would I get her to do them? U think Itl come in a few weeks?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 7,847 • Replies: 10
Topic Closed
No top replies

Lash

Tue 20 May, 2014 09:34 pm
This is so exciting! How far does she live from you?

I think after a couple of weeks, it's cool to ask for her phone number. I think it may be a bit odd to wait much longer for a phone conversation.

BTW, I usually suggest doing what you feel - and not spacing desired phone calls - but in this case, for some reason, I think every other day (but no longer) is actually a good idea - on the contact).
bobsal u1553115

Tue 20 May, 2014 09:47 pm
"Alright .....", the alternative "OK, so ....."
Tyler888

Tue 20 May, 2014 09:50 pm
@Lash,
Thank you lol and like the next town over (5 -10 minutes)
Yeah about the phone number it's only been two days so I just wanna get the perfect balance but il give it time.. And as for the doing what u feel I completely agree
0 Replies

Tyler888

Tue 20 May, 2014 09:51 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
What are u referring to ?
0 Replies

axpert

Wed 21 May, 2014 07:35 pm
@Tyler888,
Tyler i think you are approaching this in a good way. Long before FB/Social media i use to meet most of my dates on the local chat lines/party line. I agree with your contact one day and dont contact the next. However, you might want to change that up. Maybe 2 days on and one day off. At least for the first 2 weeks or so. Two weeks seems to be about the right time to ask for a #. You dont want to wait too long as there a chance someone might be talking to her as well. Ive been in many cases whee i waited too long to go for the "kill" and some other a-hole had beat me to it.
0 Replies

standardfirstdate

Wed 21 May, 2014 08:29 pm
@Tyler888,
Tyler,

I think you should go with your gut, if it is telling you to ask then ask. If she does not give out her number then she is not ready, that does not mean you can not continue to build the relationship via text. If the first ask does not produce a number, wait until you gut tells you it is time again. Then ask again!
0 Replies

ViolaY

Thu 1 Sep, 2016 03:27 am
@Tyler888,
I think it would be better if you just be yourself and tell her your feeling, otherwise, she might think you're not so into her
0 Replies

ella-mei

Sun 12 Sep, 2021 10:11 pm
Online dating is never easy. you need to be honest and if she is honest with you as well. Go for it, ask her. and goodluck Tyler
Ragman

Mon 13 Sep, 2021 01:11 am
@ella-mei,
Before you reply to a post, you might want to check the datestamp. This post is 7 yrs old. The OP is no longer active on the forum. He is married now and has twins.
ella-mei

Tue 14 Sep, 2021 03:33 am
@Ragman,
Apologies. I will just leave. thanks
0 Replies