Online dating, flirting and dating burn-out.

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:14 pm
well?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 14 • Views: 74,093 • Replies: 1,341

New Haven

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:16 pm
I'm not in favor of online dating. Too many crazies out there to suit me.
I'd rather meet people in a "real" way, not a "vritual" way.
Rolling Eyes

Looks like there's a problem with the poll!

littlek:

If it works for you, so go for it! For me, I wouldn't do it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:18 pm
I'd never do, you might get all mixed up with some feriner, er somethin' . . .
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:19 pm
I'm trying to make a last poll option, but I can't.... sigh.

New Haven - I've been enjoying it. Seems I can weed out the crazies online pretty quick. Then I play it safe for the first few meetings.

Have you tried it? Or would you just rather not?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

I'd prefer online friendship as the differentiating factors between a friendship and dating are not available online. But hey, as long as monogamy isn't required you can always get said components of dating elsewhere.

edit: If the online relationship turns into a brick and mortar one then it's just a normal relationship to me BTW. The net was just used as the medium for communication.

edit: [size=7]k[/size] to add a new option to the poll remember to click the add option button before submitting.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Didn't respond to the poll cause I'm a little too old for any kind of dating. However, my son and his significant other met online. Since he and she now own a house together it appears everything worked out very, very well. I also am invited to a wedding in December in which the bride and groom met online. So it does work (just like all methods of 'meeting' people work) but you do have to be careful (just like in all methods of 'meeting' people).
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:20 pm
Setanta - <GRIN>

Craven - I guess I mean using online dating sites to meet someone in real life.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:21 pm
bandylu - I wanted to add that non-dating option as well...
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:22 pm
Using the net to meet someone in real life is just dandy in my book. Sure there are a lot of weirdos on the net but there are just as many in nightclubs, why the other night this.....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:24 pm
I just started dating again using a dating site. In 24 hours I had two meetings lined up (had one tonight).
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:24 pm
Craven -- come on, now, tell it all. Your exploits provide much to us old folks who are long past the nightclub scene.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:34 pm
I've never tried it myself. Actually, I'm well past the dating stage. When it comes to mates, I've learned from experience I can do much worse than the one I have now ... I think I'll stick with her.
For other folks though, well, if you're reasonably cautious and so forth, well, if it works for ya, it works for ya, I guess. From what I've read, however, the folks most likely to benefit in any meaningful way from such services are those who collect the fees from the hopefuls.

timber
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:35 pm
Mmmmm, I don't pay money for these services. Well, except in little bartabs.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:36 pm
little k,

I've never tried a dating site, prolly won't since I don't think males do as well on those sites as females but do you think it would be worth trying? Could I find a woman with a pair of enormous b
ooks about Poe?

Bandy,

'Twas a few weeks ago and funny that you mention it but I swear this woman had to be 90+ and she was jostling on the dance floor and grappling every bum that went by.

I was grabbed a few times and only 3 of the times had I sidled up to get one on purpose (hey it was itching and I was too embarassed to scrach it myself!).

Ok, I'm kidding 'bout trying to strategically place myself for a feel but it was fun to watch, she would stand by the door to the men's bathroom and all the guys had bright red faces after going to the bathroom.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:37 pm
Hey, there are Dirty Old Ladies just like there are Dirty Old Men (we just don't hear about them as much). I'm sure she had a good and time, and apparently some of you guys thought it was kinda fun, too. Good for all of you.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:38 pm
That's great Craven!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:43 pm
Oh, you pick up bar tabs, little k? Alright!

I admit to having tried it. Somewhat disappointing, but not crazy either.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:46 pm
roger -- are you talking about being disappointed after meeting them in person or disappointed with them online? Cause if it's in person, you may have a problem with your location. There probably aren't nearly as many folks available where you are as there are in Boston or on Long Island or in Miami (which is the site of the wedding I spoke of). However, just a guess, but there probably aren't as many loonies there either.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:47 pm
Never been to Nuevo Mexico, huh, B2 . . . loonies galore . . .
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:48 pm
There can not possibly be as many loonies there as there are here. Maybe loonies per capita is greater, but total loonies, no way.
0 Replies