I don't know what to say to a girl I like

becurse

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 02:24 pm
I am going to a club on New Years Eve and a girl I like is going to be there. We have been texting for about a week but I feel as though I have ran out of things to say without boring her so I have stopped texting her for now. I have been shy all my life so I haven't really had any experience with talking to girls in real life. I already know what I am going to say to her when I see her but I don't know what to do after I have spoke to her for a while. I don't know how long to stay with her for because I don't want to come off as desperate and stay with her all night unless she wants me to. I already know that she likes me because her friend told me before I started talking to her. Could anybody give me any suggestions on what I could do whilst I am with her?

contrex

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 02:28 pm
You don't have to do all the work. If she likes you and wants to spend time with you, she will hopefully help keep the conversation going. Also you don;t have to talk all the time. The most important thing you need to do is relax.
InkRune

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 03:53 pm
@becurse,
I know that if you completely stop texting, she'll get the impression that you don't like her, or that she bores you. Best thing is to honestly admit your heart to her, or get to know her more and then tell her; assuming you haven't known her that long.
InkRune

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 03:57 pm
@InkRune,
Or if you're not ready for some kind of commitment, just relax a little. Personally, I'm a very social guy, and I have a crush on a girl that likes me. I basically have no problemlem talking to her like anyone else (well, maybe just a tad nicer).

I'm waiting to get to know her better before I ask if I can be her boyfriend.
0 Replies

becurse

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 04:01 pm
@InkRune,
Well we have been texting for about a week and she hasn't replied to my text from last night so I'm gonna leave it for now. I'll be seeing her on Wednesday night/Thursday morning anyway so it isn't that long. Would you suggest telling her whilst I am at the club with her?
InkRune

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 04:05 pm
@becurse,
It depends I guess.

Do you like her enough to start something?
becurse

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 04:09 pm
@InkRune,
Yeah, I do like her a lot, but don't know if a club is the right place to tell her.
jespah

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 04:12 pm
@becurse,
Clubs are loud. You'll be lucky if you can say five intelligible words. How about saying something light like, "Get anything good for Christmas?"
InkRune

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 04:13 pm
@becurse,
In that case, wait a bit. If she truly likes you, in a week, 2, maybe 3, she should still like you. Its really up to you to make the final decision tho; other people can't run your love life for you.

Before you ask her out or anything, what color are her eyes?
InkRune

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 04:14 pm
@jespah,
Nice convo starter. High five! Very Happy
0 Replies

becurse

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 04:19 pm
@InkRune,
I'll probably wait a bit, but show her that I am interested by complimenting her/offering to buy her a drink etc. And her eyes are blue, why do you ask haha?
InkRune

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 04:21 pm
@becurse,
Because, or I was going to say, If you haven't noticed her eye color, then you haven't known her long enough.

But you've got that covered xD
ehBeth

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 04:23 pm
@becurse,
Are you taking her to the club or meeting her at the club? is this your first date or you will just be spending time at the same club on New Years Eve?
becurse

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 04:29 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm meeting her at the club, and no it isn't a first date, I just want to spend some time with her
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 04:36 pm
@becurse,
It's a step.

You've been invited obviously and will get to see her on NYE of all times, it's a start.

Someone stated " how was your Christmas", good starting point.. Smile at her, talk to everyone as well as her but smile at her.

You'll establish whether or not you two are heavy in laughter and conversation and to stay next to her or not. And, if not, talk to everyone but smile at her...

ehBeth

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 05:35 pm
@becurse,
ok

so not actually a date

chat to her about the holidays, ask her if she has anything planned for the new year - travel etc

ask her about films/shows/concerts she's been to

is it a club where there will be dancing? if so, ask her to dance

is it a club with board games (all the rage here these days) - invite her to play, offer to buy her a drink - be gracious if she declines to let you pay for anything

if things go well, ask her that night if she'll go out with you. do not save that sort of thing for texting. Talk/ask in person.

Do not talk to your/her friends about your feelings for her. Do not gossip about her with her/your friends. Discussing this sort of thing with friends is almost guaranteed to backfire.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 05:36 pm
@becurse,
Is it arranged that you'll meet her at the club or are you simply hoping to run into her there?
becurse

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 05:58 pm
@ehBeth,
I haven't arranged to meet her there but I asked her if she was going, it's not like I'm hoping to see her. I know that I am going to see her but haven't asked her to meet me there. I was thinking about telling her that I like her and giving her some time to think.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 06:13 pm
@becurse,
You know you're going to see but you're not hoping to see her? and you're thinking of telling her you like her.

That doesn't make a lot of sense.

Spend some time with her if you can on New Years Eve. Do not tell her you like her at this point.

Get to know each other in person for a while.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 06:14 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:

You've been invited obviously

but not by her apparently