Online dating, flirting and dating burn-out.

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:48 pm
I am happily married, so with me it's not an option. At first I was 100% against any real life meeting for the ones I love (daughters in particular). But, my oldest daughter met her siginificant other online and seems to be very happy, after close to two years being together.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:50 pm
Roger, I pick up my own drinks, usually.

NM is fulla loonies! More per capita than maybe any other site....
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:50 pm
To my wish of giant Poe tomes I add bartab picker upper. It would halve my living expenses!

I also want one with a parrot and who loves mooning sober people as much as I do.

Ya think you can put in an order for me lil'k? edit: on one of those sites you know
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:56 pm
Hmmm.. I've toyed with a few of the "dating sites" over the last few years but never actually posted anything to any of them. It just seems a little to intimidating to me.

But ummm.. I did meet someone from on the net! Smile

Craven - That's quite the wish list you're putting together there. Ya never know though. Go for it! lol
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:59 pm
Craven, you need to be a little more accepting. You can always teach her about Poe and buy her a parrot. Then all you need to look for is a mooner who pays her own way. Lots easier that way.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 09:00 pm
fishin'

It can happen! I once dated a woman who has two huge Poe books they happen to be unreturned books of mine (yeah, always get your Poe back before a breakup) but still.

I'd drop the bartab thing if she could recite Poe though.

edit: bandy, you speak sooth! But buying a parrot is illegal here, owning one isn't so the parrot is a must while in Brazil. Since I'm leaving in a bit I guess I need to research US laws on parrots.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 09:01 pm
In person, Bandylu.

Loonies? In New Mexico? You both jest.

<Now if were posting under an assumed name. . . .>
0 Replies

Anonymous

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 09:10 pm
My dear when in doubt - punt!

Please see private message about a sad wahine who took the power of the internet and cybersex too seriously.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 10:05 pm
littlek- There is an adorable new couple on our block. They are in their 50s. The neighbors all went out to dinner, and we asked how the couple had met. They said that they had met on the internet. He is French, and she just happened to mention in her ad that she speaks French. The two of them are married for a couple of years, and they are happy as clams!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 10:11 pm
That's cute Phoenix.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 10:15 pm
lavadawn- We must be twins, separated at birth! Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 10:20 pm
I've never tried online dating. Meeting someone online sorta happened to me. It's been an interesting experience.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 10:22 pm
lavadawn..?

I really think that Internet communication has reached a level where it's just one more way to meet people, period. There was an article about it in the NYT a while back, how it's just an accepted method, which means that you get a hefty dose of normal people as well as the crazies. And you could meet a crazy in a bar, too.

So, my view is take the usual precautions, don't do anything stupid, but otherwise, why not? And good luck!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 10:26 pm
I took my pepper spray with me!

Did I say how cute he was?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 10:30 pm
No!

Yay!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 10:52 pm
Great L'k glad you found some one cute keep trying it. My room mate found a woman he likes on line and has been seeing here for over a month now. I have tried it and found it to be well, oh how to say this. In my age group there are a lot of retreads out there and I found the two guys I met to be OK but way to eager to get me in the sack. But of course this is Texas.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 10:58 pm
Keep trying JD.

I have a meeting with another guy on saturday. And, there are a few more who I'm talking with online. Not sure I'd want to meet any of them.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 11:06 pm
Well I might after Christmas is over. Or maybe this is a good time to look, guys looking for dates to the Christmas party and then there is New Years.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 11:30 pm
Actually, JD. I'm not so sure this is a good time to look. The holidays get some people all freaky. But, then again. Maybe it is a good time. Hmmm....
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 06:54 am
littleK:

Instead of online dating, why not try that 2 min quickie dating business Question
0 Replies