Online dating, flirting and dating burn-out.

farmerman

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 08:00 am
hey cj, get a bear yet? Member, if you shoot it you eat it.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 08:38 am
farmerman wrote:
hey cj, get a bear yet? Member, if you shoot it you eat it.

He likes bears? I would have thought he'd be the type who prefers young, slim hairless guys, not bears.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 07:15 pm
Roxxxanne - how many threads do you need to express your success at online dating?

CJ - You're trying to protect who? How so?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 06:33 am
If you haven't figured that out by now k, you're much more naive than I ever expected.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 08:12 am
This is amusing.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 08:40 am
Hey, nymph - where ya been?
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 10:13 am
Snood, I've been insanely busy. How are you doing?

Did I miss anything juicy?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 01:57 pm
RexRed wrote:
I am too conservative and old fashioned for online dating.

I need to be a best friend first before I would respond sexually to anyone.

Reliable friendship takes at least a years to achieve.

I am not in a hurry.

Good sex needs to be nurtured over a fair amount of time.

Expect only conversation. Smile

I don't understand you. If you are a certain age -- and I suspect that you are more than 30, of not more than 40 -- where do you expect to meet anyone?

Also, why do you think dating would automatically mean sex?

Interestingly, I could never be sexually attractive to a man who was my best friend. I can not make the leap from platonic to sexually intimate.

BTW, I volunteer at several places -- Club Passim (where Dylan, Baez, et al got their starts), at the American Repertory Theatre and at public television station WGBH -- plus I am politically active and attend alumni events. I don't meet men at any of these things.

I went to an alumni event last week. At 59, I wear a size 6 and have a flat stomach. I dress well; have a good hair cut and keep my hair its natural gray. I have almost no lines in my face. Bothers me more than a bit to see men elect to talk to women with messy, badly dyed hair; terrible outfits; round shapes with bulging tummies. Jeez!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 02:08 pm
plainoldme wrote:
At 59, I wear a size 6 and have a flat stomach. I dress well; have a good hair cut and keep my hair its natural gray. I have almost no lines in my face. Bothers me more than a bit to see men elect to talk to women with messy, badly dyed hair; terrible outfits; round shapes with bulging tummies. Jeez!

How big are your tits?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 05:14 pm
cjhsa, are you this big of a pigdick in person, or is this just your online persona?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 05:15 pm
Synonymph wrote:
Snood, I've been insanely busy. How are you doing?

Did I miss anything juicy?

Depends on what you call juicy.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 05:36 pm
I can attest to the fact that POM is a good looking, fit lady.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 07:15 pm
snood wrote:
cjhsa, are you this big of a pigdick in person, or is this just your online persona?

Look who's wondering about someone else's dick personality. Man, that's some delicious irony.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 08:39 pm
Aw, kickycan you need some attention? OK you're a dickhead too. Now bug off.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 11:14 pm
My comments are in green
plainoldme wrote:
RexRed wrote:
I am too conservative and old fashioned for online dating.

I need to be a best friend first before I would respond sexually to anyone.

Reliable friendship takes at least a years to achieve.

I am not in a hurry.

Good sex needs to be nurtured over a fair amount of time.

Expect only conversation. Smile

I don't understand you. If you are a certain age -- and I suspect that you are more than 30, of not more than 40 -- where do you expect to meet anyone?

Also, why do you think dating would automatically mean sex?

I am not the one who thinks that... but other people surely can think that.

Interestingly, I could never be sexually attractive to a man who was my best friend. I can not make the leap from platonic to sexually intimate.

I am only intimate with a best friend type... Why insult a person by liking someone else's company more?

BTW, I volunteer at several places -- Club Passim (where Dylan, Baez, et al got their starts), at the American Repertory Theatre and at public television station WGBH -- plus I am politically active and attend alumni events. I don't meet men at any of these things.

I would love to play there... Just me and my guitar.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 03:05 pm
Thank you, little k.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 03:10 pm
RexRed --About having sex with friends. There are people that I instantly want to be friends with. I've always had lots of men friends . . . until the past 15 years. I never wanted to spoil the friendship with sex. If a relationship starts out as a friendship for me, it can never turn sexual because I would never feel sexually attracted to that man.

When I was still in Detroit, I enjoyed seeing men on a platonic level. I had a few male friends who would come over for a home cooked meal then take me to the movies. We split the cost of the evening that way and had lots of conversation.

I miss having men friends at this point in my life.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 03:11 pm
cjhsa wrote:

How big are your tits?

Tummies are more important.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 05:02 pm
Just for fun I posted at craigslist casual encounters that I was sexually addicted and did anyone have a cure, I got 800 responses.

I actually wound up meeting a couple interesting men. One guy (62) who is married has a PhD in BioTech and two other PhDs and cliams to have met Ghandi, Mother Teresa and Yassar Arafat. (I believe him, he is "out there.")

I have a date with a software developer tomorrow who is 20 years my junior. Amazing, it seems all these guys prefer older women.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 11:14 am
Roxxie -- I have noticed that when women are newly widowed or divorced, they attract men significantly younger than they are. My first post-divorce affair was with a man nine years my junior who was terrifically handsome, 6 feet 3 inches tall and weighed 190. He has a doctorate and was doing the second leg of his post-doc at Harvard after spending a year at the London School of Economics. His first language was French, but, his English was better than most Americans. He was an avid tennis player.

What was wrong with him? He was immature and totally dependent upon his mother city, Montreal.

I tend to think that most men who pursue older women are immature.

How about it female posters? What is your experience with younger men?

Why do so many women have a wow experience with younger men? I believe that after years of boredom and stress created by stick-in-the-mud husbands, liberation brings a glow that renews beauty and those beaming smiles draw younger men in.
0 Replies