help is appreciated

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 04:59 pm
I want to ask a girl out whome i never talked to via facebook( i know it is not the best idea but we dont have uni anymore) . i dont have a photo on facebook i am was never a fan of selfies and photos despite that i am very good looking so i dont have any photo . how can I tell her who i am. can I tell her that i caught her staring several times thats the only way she can recognize me but it sounds very embarrassing for her. ?

jespah

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 05:33 pm
@kevanc tarkan,
All of this sounds creepy, sorry.

1. Have a photo taken of you. Take a selfie. Have a friend take one. Go to a photo booth. Whatever. No one is going to believe your tales of being "very good looking" without an image, and she probably won't know who the hell you are without a visual reference.
  2. Have you ever actually talked to this woman in person? A lot of staring means absolutely nothing.
  3. To continue the above point, staring almost always seems to be in the eye of the beholder. It is often a ton of wishful thinking. Someone who wants to be with you will have the guts to come up to you and talk to you. The same goes in reverse. Want to be with this woman? Then have the guts to actually talk to her.
  4. Are you Facebook friends? Asking out someone you're not even Facebook friends with is even creepier. Right now, you're more like a stranger out of the blue.
  5. Do you know anything at all about her, other than the staring bit? Start with conversation (assuming you get that far) before asking her out. You know, as in getting to know her for more than five seconds and three words?

I get that there is a cultural difference, but these kinds of questions drive me bonkers. People do not get together with a lot of wishing and hoping and staring, and social media is being used to facilitate a lot of direct communications avoidance behavior.
kevanc tarkan

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 06:14 pm
@jespah,
i agree with all of the what you said except the staring thing. it is not wishful thinking. i have been told i am very good looking and I get stares often. but you are right non one believes this unless there is a photo. everything else is true
chai2

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 07:17 pm
@kevanc tarkan,
Who cares what you look like?

Sounds like you telling people that is more important than asking a girl out.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 07:42 pm
@kevanc tarkan,
kevanc tarkan wrote:

I want to ask a girl out whome i never talked to via facebook

you've never talked to her?

don't bother asking her out - it's weird and creepy to be asked out by someone you've never talked to

ask out someone you've talked to

next semester, talk to her and then ask her out (if you're not seriously dating someone you've talked to since you last saw her)
__

staring means nothing
nothing
nothing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 07:43 pm
@kevanc tarkan,
kevanc tarkan wrote:
i have been told i am very good looking

this is completely irrelevant in terms of getting to know someone
0 Replies

wuxingquetutu

Reply Sun 1 May, 2016 09:32 pm
@kevanc tarkan,
can I tell her that i caught her staring several times thats the only way she can recognize me but it sounds very embarrassing for her. ?
Never do it.She will regard you as an arrogant and creepy guy.
Why do you want to ask a girl out without any talk? First impression is always a lier.You had better to upload your photos on facebook and then have a taik with her.
0 Replies