Online dating, flirting and dating burn-out.

littlek

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 11:28 pm
<speedy - ha!>
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 11:29 pm
Good night. Sleep well.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 12:50 am
I think it's fun to flirt on line. You can make some nice friends. But, I'm such a serious person I like to keep it real with real people in the real world. The net for me is just for learning. I like my human interaction face to face. Cool
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 01:41 am
CJ - having a cat AND a hamster for pets - now that is provoking nature!

lk, sorry to hear about A. Have you guys ever really 'talked'? You know, about what you're doing, who wants what, that sort of thing.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 01:54 am
My oldest sister just married a guy that she met online, so I guess it works. I tried it once way back in 1993 when Prodigy had a personals service. The quality of people was much better then. Now it seems like the quality people shy away from online dating and all that's left are the throw aways.

I stay away from it now. Besides, it really only works if you live in a larger city. There's not a lot of people to choose from online in little Boise Idaho.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 02:02 am
I know a few couples who met on line, and married. One is still together, one couple is not, and the others I don't know about. It works for some people.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 07:14 pm
Dag, nope, we haven't. After the first 8 or 9 days we stopped talking about anything deeper than where to swim and hike.
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 07:03 am
littletek, you mean you BOTH like each other but maybe not enough to really get your feet wet?

I think that applies to our situation. In fact, as much fun as we have together there is no burning desire to jump into bed. I mean, it would be nice don't get me wrong, but we have a good thing going now so why spoil it? I look at guys that simply have women as "friends" as being peculiar. I wouldn't waste time having a woman as a friend unless I was sleeping with her.

That was before. This is now. :wink:

I really like this woman. Not as a lover yet, but more than just a simple friend. You cannot imagine the enjoyment I get out of hearing her laugh and seeing her happy.

She is educated, very smart although a bit short on common sense. I admit to possibly being what some people call a "control freak" so although I can get a bit edgy with her occasional lack of punctuality its OK. I try not to let it bother me because her home is not as neat as mine or she calls or emails later than expected. Little things like that? Well I don't let them bother me. Too much. After all she is much younger. :wink:
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 06:35 pm
My efforts have gone nowhere for a very long time.
0 Replies

Jack Webb

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 11:40 pm
Well, thing changed for me since September. I made an amazing discovery. If you get involved in a hobby of sorts that you really enjoy and it is co-ed of sorts, your chances of meeting a nice woman increase. I am into music right now and there are many nice women of all ages and sorts in the bands.

I am slowly but surely making headway with a clarinet player in her early fifties who is divorced; tall dark, willowy. Smile
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 09:57 am
Jack -- Women always do that sort of thing. That's why you see so many women, either solo or with a friend or two, at lectures, art exhibits, movies, plays, etc. The trouble is that you don't see solo men!
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 09:48 am
Quote:
I am slowly but surely making headway with a clarinet player in her early fifties who is divorced; tall dark, willowy.

Willowy, huh? I bet her bark is worse than her bite.

I posted my latest internet adventures on another thread.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 06:12 pm
Roxanne -- You posted them on Ask.com?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 10:07 pm
plainoldme wrote:
Roxanne -- You posted them on Ask.com?

I posted them here.

I don't get the ask.com reference.
0 Replies

NoNe

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 11:29 pm
Something is very very sad and wrong with those who actually "happily" flirt and date online and meet people online. Losers? I guess so. Otherwise, I see no reason why a person(of course, if not ugly dumbass) with low selfesteem would be in need of online dating? Those who are hot, interesting, and outgoing do not have time for spending hours at their computer chatting with some random people online.
What a lame.
PS. Not trying to hurt those of u who only "date" online. In fact, I bet u guys are very very very lonely and want some human attention and love which u are lacking in ur life.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 12:50 am
NoNe wrote:
Something is very very sad and wrong with those who actually "happily" flirt and date online and meet people online. Losers? I guess so. Otherwise, I see no reason why a person(of course, if not ugly dumbass) with low selfesteem would be in need of online dating? Those who are hot, interesting, and outgoing do not have time for spending hours at their computer chatting with some random people online.
What a lame.
PS. Not trying to hurt those of u who only "date" online. In fact, I bet u guys are very very very lonely and want some human attention and love which u are lacking in ur life.

You should know all about those lonely guys since you are one of them.
0 Replies

NoNe

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 02:16 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
NoNe wrote:
What a lame.

You should know all about those lonely guys since you are one of them.
Roxanne, I am in no need of proving to anybody that I am no t alonely guy. LOL. whatever makes u happy sweety.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 05:03 pm
Roxanne -- When I tried to follow your highlighted links, I ended up on ask.com, twice!

No On -- People of certain age groups can only meet others on line. They aren't losers.
0 Replies

NoNe

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 05:17 pm
plainoldme wrote:
No On -- People of certain age groups can only meet others on line. They aren't losers.

But when they scream of it, feel good about "popularity" amongst bunch of incognito, online people whom they have never even met, how do u call them?
We, who do not belong to this "certain age group", call them LOSERS. Kapish? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 07:52 pm
Another bit of insight for us all...
0 Replies