Online dating, flirting and dating burn-out.

sozobe

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 11:23 am
OK, so where'd Rosie get to NOW?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 11:24 am
Sozobe, I respectfully disagree that these are different.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 11:24 am
ohmygod...I felt the same way!!!!!

the tongue sticking thing up there that is

Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 11:25 am
Soz, I think you're right about that. I did check out the hiking groups, there is a fee, a small one, but a fee all the same - it'll have to wait. I've joined back up with some college friends, they're both married, but I enjoy hiking and visiting with them.

And, there's the abuzz/A2K groups. I stuck with abuzz to make friends and friends I've made - thanks all.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 11:25 am
And how, pray tell, am I supposed to differentiate?

This is soo difficult!

I know wimmens who say they were flirting but had come across as cold as leftover turkey. Tis hard.

I'm always very clear. I puff up my chest and put my hands on my hips, then I strut back and forth with my chin up in the air. I follow this with some weight lifter posing and a mating dance. I then start collecting twigs to make a nest....

It's never worked thus far but at least it's a clear signal.

Deb said flashing my bum was flirting, I disagree, mooning is a great sport, nothing sexual is implied.

The rules to the game continue to elude me!

---

Just kiddin' it's pretty easy to tell and there are no clear indicators of what consitutes it. But I think fun flirting doesn't have to be sexual. Sometimes it's just for fun.

<Goes off to practice strut.>
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 11:26 am
which way quinn? That the tongue-in-ear is a vague indicator, or that the emoticon is dull?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 11:27 am
hgiseghdshbgljhgbso;aih

emoticon

tried to be clear, failure

doh
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 11:27 am
I can flirt just for fun. But, it's with safe friends.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 11:29 am
Lola wrote:
Letting it show, that you're interested in getting interested brings the men out of the wood work

Amen! I never show any interest (well I do, but I don't like to chase, I'd rather be chased, or if it came to it chaste, than to chase) so if it weren't for the girls who do so I'd never get to make woopie.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 11:30 am
craven - good thing you're cute.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 11:30 am
The tongue in the ear is sooo unclear! It could just be because she thinks my ears are dirty! And they sooo aren't!

<goes to check>
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 11:32 am
lil'k,

Cute means nothing, I gotta be rich.

<the wimmins are gonna kill me for that one>
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 11:32 am
Craven dear, you are flirting right now
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 11:33 am
but....... are you? And they're still chasing you, unchaste one.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 11:33 am
oh dear
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 11:34 am
Craven, give um what they want and they'll pay, I have no doubt
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 11:36 am
Lola, what I'm getting at is that flirting comes naturally to some, not to others. For those that it's NOT natural for, the UNnatural, taught flirting doesn't work. For those who do like to flirt, more power to 'em.

I have a good friend who was woefully single, owned a used bookstore, had a steady stream of nice young ladies come in, and he REFUSED to flirt with them. I'd say, "she was gorgeous! she smiled at you! what's wrong with you??" And he'd say "I'm not interested in the kind of woman who would be receptive to being 'picked up'." (I actually got it.)

After a couple of years of much kvetching and me saying "dude, take a class! join a club! DO something instead of kvetching to me!", he ran into another bookseller at some kind of bookseller's convention and they've been blissfully happy for several years now. The last thing she would ever do is "flirt" in any conventional sense, and the last thing she would be interested in is having a guy "pick her up" in any conventional sense. But they're perfect for each other. Took some doing for them to be thrown together in the right circumstances, but it happened.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 11:37 am
see, that's nice. It's the common interest.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 11:44 am
I know this happens Sozobe.........and when it does, it's very fortunate for the two.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 11:48 am
Lola wrote:
Craven dear, you are flirting right now

So amn't! I haven't even puffed up my chest yet! And I haven't even thought of an appropriate manly display!

lil'k I'm only rich if pride counts.

Lola,

I can't stand letting anyone (guys or gals) pay for me. It's a personal quirk but I don't like it at all. And getting drunk is always a good idea (cept when operating machinery), even if you aren't flirting.

I have to paint my apartment and drinking makes the bad paint job look good, maybe even arty.
0 Replies