Online dating, flirting and dating burn-out.

Ethel2

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 11:50 am
Craven, according to my definition, you're on continuous flirt
it's one of your most endearing qualities
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 11:50 am
Sozobe...It would be interesting too, to watch a video of this happy couple when they began talking. There has been a fair amount of sociological study of human mating behaviors (the whole 'body language' thing) and I suspect we'd see fairly typical indicators with the two of them. But that's a bit academic. We all know little k well enough now to know she's a keeper and somebody smart is going to get a special lady.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 11:51 am
Hell, even I'm having physical responses to Craven at the moment.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 11:52 am
see Craven, you turn everybody on
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 11:57 am
But blatham is soo easy, like a TV. Anyone can turn him on!

Lola, I just noticed that I flirt with myself so maybe you are right. It's fun to flirt with one's self. It's always reciprocated.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 12:01 pm
Craven you do the false modesty flirt with excellent expertise....I find it to be very nice....it's good advise in action.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 12:03 pm
Cool
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 12:03 pm
Craven

I am...chagrined. You toss off my advance as if I was nothing to you, as if the future held no promise for us. A barren response you give me here, after what I risked.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 12:05 pm
Twas kidding bout blatham. He's harder than Mother Teresa.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 12:06 pm
Blatham, oh, totally, I'm sure that they had something goin' on. A friend (who was briefly NOT a friend after this stunt) videotaped me and a soon-to-be-but-not-yet-paramour playing frisbee outside for a high school class project. I was absolutely aghast at what I did. (Him too! But still -- the hair-tossing, the arm-touching, the eyelash-batting -- couldn't believe it.)

Alls I'm sayin' is that if this stuff comes from a natural, "hey, you're cute" place, excellent. If it is something external -- "OK, I think I'm supposed to toss my hair here" -- not so much.

Lola, goodness! I can tell we're in the presence of a master. Compliments, then turning them on their head, but with a little coy smile under it all...
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 12:06 pm
blatham,

Oh I just misinterpreted it. See, I thought Lola would hit me if I didn't parry.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 12:13 pm
Well, please be more sensitive. It's not for everyone I'll wear the sorts of things you suggest.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 12:15 pm
you guys!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 12:15 pm
sozobe wrote:

Alls I'm sayin' is that if this stuff comes from a natural, "hey, you're cute" place, excellent. If it is something external -- "OK, I think I'm supposed to toss my hair here" -- not so much.

So I should drop the routine I have worked so hard at? Doing splits on the bar counter isn't easy to learn.

I think Lola played her hand! She knows bout blatham's hardness!

Blatham,

I only suggested that because I thought you'd look funny in a kilt, you are reading waaay too much into this.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 12:18 pm
one must play the hand when it's the winner

but then everyone knows about Blatham's hardness........you just mentioned it yourself
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 12:27 pm
sozobe....yes, precisely what I mean....I'm very happy to have never been filmed in such a situation. I am easily shamed, and probably deserve to be.

craven....kilt!....a tartan school girl's dress and logging boots!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 12:28 pm
I am 1/4 Scottish and was 'asked' to wear a kilt as a 5 yr old to be page-boy at my cousin's wedding.

The psychological wounds that adults inflict on children leave lasting scars.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 12:30 pm
Steve

Well, in the case of dearest Craven and self, it's the other direction (children inflicting on the mature) but no less the scars.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 12:43 pm
Sozobe, I agree with you and little k on this absolutely. False flirting is very stale.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 12:46 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
I am 1/4 Scottish and was 'asked' to wear a kilt as a 5 yr old to be page-boy at my cousin's wedding.

The psychological wounds that adults inflict on children leave lasting scars.

I know what you mean, as a child I once had to wear a tie.
0 Replies