Good job, eoe!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 08:31 pm
thanks! Very Happy
jespah

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 03:17 am
@eoe,
Ran/walked my first 5K yesterday. It took me 1 hour, 4 minutes and 4 seconds.

And I am already thinking of when I can do it again, although I gotta say, m'dogs are barkin'.
George

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 06:24 am
@jespah,
You did it!!!

Good for you, Jes.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 06:52 am
@jespah,
Yay!

How's everyone else doing?

I've been trucking along with the gym. A trainer got me and my friend on a new warm-up (just added to our regular workouts), I'm not sure what I think about it. It hurt like HELL the first few times I did it, afterwards. (It's doing various stretchy and squatty things while holding a medicine ball.) Now it doesn't hurt and I might see more toning but I don't seem to be losing any more weight. We'll see where I am tomorrow. (Today is my distance day and I usually lose lbs the day after.)

Scheduling time for the gym has been nightmarish, with the exception of the week sozlet was at camp. Another camp that was supposed to start next week has been canceled, and she doesn't want to go to a thing scheduled for today. (And I might not want her to go anyway -- it's mostly at the pool, and she got a pretty bad burn on Monday that just isn't healing. I put her in a rashguard after that but let her go to the pool [it's been horribly hot, and sunny, and keeping her in seemed cruel] and it has a 50 spf but enough might get through to aggravate the burn.) Ah well. Might go tomorrow AM.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 07:29 am
The Leg Press machine at Planet Fitness has a seat mounted on rails at about a
30-degree angle. You place your feet on a small verical platform and push the
seat up the rail. We've been doing high-weight, low rep. The last plate on the
rack is labelled "390". I finally did it. Then the next time, I turned the dial that
adds five pounds. I failed to move it. I tried a lower weight, then went back to
395. I gave it everything I had and squeezed out five reps.

I paid for it with soreness and swelling behind my left knee since then.
I've cut way back for a while.
jespah

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 10:10 am
@George,
Ah, we have a similar leg press machine at WFOB. I can do 80 on a good day.

PS Thank you for your kind words. Man oh man I am walking like a lil ole lady right now. No gym for me today.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 10:27 am
Congratulations on your achievement, jes. (Extra water is always a good idea.)

I can do 120 on the leg press on a good day. (Less when my knees are iffy.) I can't conceive of moving 395. It hurts to think about.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 11:12 am
I haven't updated in a while.

So far, I've been lifting weights consistently (3-4 times /week) pretty much all year. Seen some very decent strenght gains.

I've ran 3 half-marathons, including 1 personal best (2:04:28).

I have another half-marathon in September in Chicago, and 1 in late November in Seattle (with 2 of my brothers, whom I've inspired to run over the last year).

My weight has stayed pretty much the same since the start of the new year, and I've lost a lot of fat from my body, except what's around my damn gut. Why is that fat so hard to lose? I'm at roughly 14% body fat, down from 17-18% in late January.

Trying to find a triathlon to run this year, and trying to find time to get out and learn to swim more efficiently.

Sounds like everyone else is doing really well too. Soz is running well over 2 miles now, and Jespah is truckin along. Onion seems like he's jumping from weightlifting plan to weightlifting plan, but hey at least he's doing something (oh, and going from a 150 bench to a 300 bench will take you at least 2-3 years, don't set yourself up for goals that are impossible to reach).
jespah

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 04:51 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche, sounds like you're doing fantastically well. Smile

The gut weight. Ah, yes. Why the heck is it made of concrete???
jespah

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 09:28 am
@jespah,
I'm the grinning blonde in the middle. Next up: Artisani Park on July 5th! The Jerry Garcia Memorial Run is, alas, sold out.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r299/jespah301/Boston_CorporateChallenge.jpg
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 11:17 am
@maporsche,
The pooch and the love handles are always last to go and your body will desperately hang on to them. My bodyfat% is down to 13% and I'm shooting for 8%. I'm at 138 lbs...down from 163 in January. I'm off my blood pressure meds.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 05:52 pm
@jespah,
Dahling, you look fabulous!
jespah

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 07:06 pm
@Swimpy,
Thank ya! Smile
jespah

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 05:05 pm
@jespah,
Artesani Park 5K!

Yes, I represented TFH:
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r299/jespah301/janet5k07-05-200908.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r299/jespah301/thomas04.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r299/jespah301/jay5k07-05-200910.jpg
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 08:43 pm
You're beautiful - all three of you!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 10:15 pm
Congratulations to all.
I keep slip-sliding back and forth between 5 lbs. Can't seem to stabilize myself. Maddening!
jespah

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 03:57 am
@eoe,
Thanks, mac and eoe!

eoe - I think the 5 lb. seesaw essentially is stability. We gain and lose water weight all the time, not even taking monthly cycle stuff into account.
sozobe

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 02:57 pm
@jespah,
Yep, I agree re: the 5 pounds.

If you're trying to get below those five pounds, I see how it's frustrating though! I was there for a bit, recently broke through it I hope.

Just added something new to my routine (have been doing the 4X/week thing regularly, scrounging up childcare where I can find it -- a camp sozlet was supposed to go to was canceled, which didn't help). Instead of doing walking intervals, I changed to running intervals today. That is, I ran the whole time but went faster and slower. Seemed to go pretty well.

Yay to the running folks above. Some impressive muscles there.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 03:54 pm
Back from vacation and back to my regular schedule of exercise, although it
needs some pep talking.

Impressed to see jespah running a 5k - you're the energizer bunny aren't you?