What are the benefits of Dirga Pranayama?

Nadhi

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 12:01 am
Hi everyone, Please tell the answer for my question
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 7,459 • Replies: 3
No top replies

solipsister

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 12:09 am
@Nadhi,
the mere thought of dirga pranayama has focussed my attention on the present moment whilst simultaneously calmed and grounded my mind

sadly ive gone belly up on breathing through my abdomen because my lungs are laughing at me
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 01:08 pm
@Nadhi,
Mr Methane uses dirg pranayama in order to "gas up"
0 Replies

SteveKelly

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 12:51 am
@Nadhi,
Hello Community,

Dirga Pranayama offers a method which involves three different parts of the body. For this reason, this technique is time and again referred to as the three-part breath. For people seeking an approach which furthers calmness and relaxation of mind, this is the most popular method of breathing to look for. The appeal of this breathing technique lies in the fact it that uses 3 parts of the body. You learn to participate in three different positions, through active breathing. The first position that deals with the lower abdomen, is situated on top of or a slightly below the belly button. In the second position you engage the lower part of your chest that is distinguished as the lower half of your rib cage. The third position involves the use of the upper part of your chest, which uses the part of the body situated just on top of the top of your sternum.

Best Regards,
Steve Kelly

0 Replies