The Liberals Lack Of Morality

RexRed

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 07:18 pm
djjd62 wrote:
i don't advocate bringing the troops home and causing a power vaccum, i think you guys shouldn't be there at all, you should be helping my country men clean up the problems in afghanistan, if you'd made that your priority after 9/11, and had invested all your efforts there, there would have been plenty of time to invade iraq a few years later

instead you've done a half assed job of two wars and have squandered the the sympathies and support many countries had for you after September 2001

The war is half-assed because half of our asses have been pimped out to special interest thanks to CNN, MSNBC and CBS.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 07:20 pm
RexRed wrote:
Setanta wrote:
RexRed wrote:
And what WMD did Saddam use on the Kurds, his good looks?

Hell no, he used the chemical weapons old Rummy sold him just after he showed up in Baghdad with a shiteatin' grin on his face to shake old Saddam's hand . . .

http://michael.ellerman.id.au/misc/Rumsfeld-Saddam.jpg

Actually congress voted to give Rummy the power to give those weapons to Iraq... (if you want to play the blame game bring it on.)

No, that was Reagan Administration policy, and he did not need congressional approval, nor did he seek it. You're just making **** up now, Rex, but we're used to that.

The "Shaking Hands with Saddam: The U.S. Tilts toward Iraq, 1980-1984" page, of the National Security Agency briefing book, at George Washington University.

You know, Rex, you'll always do better if you educate yourself, rather than just making up **** which agrees with what you would like to believe.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 07:22 pm
i think your just looking for a blame for your failure, the war effort was seriously understated, not enough troops and i suspect not enough concept of what or who you were fighting, an idealogy is the toughest opponent there is

there's whole books written about the war in vietnam, perhaps some of the geerals should have read one before they embarked on this mission
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 07:26 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:
The problem is that "you don't think"...

Do you believe that an objective observer of this thread would come to the conclusion that the problem is that 'I don't think?'

I ask in all seriousness

Cycloptichorn

You do think but it is clearly based upon faulty assumptions served up to you by special interest elitists...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 07:28 pm
djjd62 wrote:
i think your just looking for a blame for your failure, the war effort was seriously understated, not enough troops and i suspect not enough concept of what or who you were fighting, an idealogy is the toughest opponent there is

there's whole books written about the war in vietnam, perhaps some of the geerals should have read one before they embarked on this mission

The report just released today stated the troop levels are absolutely fine where they are. Another left wing slur bites the dust...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 07:29 pm
Djjd, the officers at the Pentagon did advise against the invasion, and then advised that if it were going to take place, that there be more forces, that there be civil affairs officers, that there be large detachments of military police for the occupation--and Rummy ignored them all, and overrode all objections. This is not one you can blame on the military men, who knew better.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 07:34 pm
agreed set, i still stand by my argument that they didn't know what they were fighting

not who, but what

perhaps the people of iraq did not want hussein, but i think it as likely that they did not want democracy either, at least not as we may understand it
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 07:59 pm
When you say "they," Djjd, you aren't talking about the professional military men--you're talking about Bush and Cheney and Rummy. I think the people of Iraq, most of them, want democracy--but that means the Shi'ites take over, and they've got a long, long grudge to settle with the Sunnis. The Sunnis, of course, were largely happy with the status quo ante.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 08:00 pm
Setanta wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Setanta wrote:
RexRed wrote:
And what WMD did Saddam use on the Kurds, his good looks?

Hell no, he used the chemical weapons old Rummy sold him just after he showed up in Baghdad with a shiteatin' grin on his face to shake old Saddam's hand . . .

http://michael.ellerman.id.au/misc/Rumsfeld-Saddam.jpg

Actually congress voted to give Rummy the power to give those weapons to Iraq... (if you want to play the blame game bring it on.)

No, that was Reagan Administration policy, and he did not need congressional approval, nor did he seek it. You're just making **** up now, Rex, but we're used to that.

The "Shaking Hands with Saddam: The U.S. Tilts toward Iraq, 1980-1984" page, of the National Security Agency briefing book, at George Washington University.

You know, Rex, you'll always do better if you educate yourself, rather than just making up **** which agrees with what you would like to believe.

1961: Kennedy Adminsitration begins hike of chemical weapons spending from $75 million to more than $330 million.

1962: Chemical weapons loaded on U.S. planes during Cuban missile crisis.

Rumsfeld would not have been able to give Iraq Chemical weapons without congressional approval.

Excerpt:
November, 1983. Banca Nazionale del Lavoro of Italy and its Branch in Atlanta begin to funnel $5 billion in unreported loans to Iraq. Iraq, with the blessing and official approval of the US government, purchased computer controlled machine tools, computers, scientific instruments, special alloy steel and aluminum, chemicals, and other industrial goods for Iraq's missile, chemical, biological and nuclear weapons programs.

http://www.iranchamber.com/history/articles/arming_iraq.php

Set, you ought to recheck your facts and stop listening to your left wing rags that only give you half of the story... what is advantageously "damaging" to the other side. (thus damaging America)
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 08:03 pm
Setanta wrote:
Djjd, the officers at the Pentagon did advise against the invasion, and then advised that if it were going to take place, that there be more forces, that there be civil affairs officers, that there be large detachments of military police for the occupation--and Rummy ignored them all, and overrode all objections. This is not one you can blame on the military men, who knew better.

Maybe they should have advised Rummy to bomb the major left wing US news outlets first...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 08:06 pm
Go to the George Washington University site, Rex. They aren't a "left wing rag"--and they are using the documents of the National Security Agency.

You conveniently decided that when your source said "approval of the US Government" meant the Congress. It didn't. It meant the Reagan administration. The information is all right there at George Washington University, and it directly quotes NSA breifing books.

Dream on Rex.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 08:22 pm
Setanta wrote:
Go to the George Washington University site, Rex. They aren't a "left wing rag"--and they are using the documents of the National Security Agency.

You conveniently decided that when your source said "approval of the US Government" meant the Congress. It didn't. It meant the Reagan administration. The information is all right there at George Washington University, and it directly quotes NSA breifing books.

Dream on Rex.

Set I read the entire report on the congressional vote over 4 years ago... It is out there on the net somewhere.

You can misconstrue the report in your own way, you usually do...

Excerpt:
November 1983. George Schultz, the Secretary of State, is given intelligence reports showing that Iraqi troops are daily using chemical weapons against the Iranians.

Comment:
I read a government report that clearly stated that "congress" voted on the giving of WMD to Iraq... This is why we knew that Iraq definitely "had" WMD... But why would the left print that? It is much easier to deface Rummy's public image...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 08:30 pm
If you read such a report, it should be a simple matter to link your evidence. I've linked mine, and i am not prepared to believe any of your bullshit without supporting evidence. As is my experience of you posting, it is always the case that you rant, but you provide no evidence.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 09:22 pm
Setanta wrote:
If you read such a report, it should be a simple matter to link your evidence. I've linked mine, and i am not prepared to believe any of your bullshit without supporting evidence. As is my experience of you posting, it is always the case that you rant, but you provide no evidence.

I did link "some" evidence you interpret "govt. approval" as the President and pentagon alone. Typical... It took a congressional vote just to upgrade our own soldiers body armor... THINK ABOUT THAT... I have personally seen a copy of the congressional report of the WMD to Iraq vote on the internet. Maybe you should do you own homework, I have long ago done mine.

It is pretty hard to find the report now in the internet pig pile dissing Rummy.

Leave it to the liberals to blame Rummy incessantly for something that was approved by congress.

You have obviously believed the propaganda and so have MANY more. This is the heart of the problem. Should Rummy have stoped concentrating his efforts on Iraq and started fighting the negative press "war" at home? NO...

This is how the left treats people who have worked in faithful service to our military anyway.

John Kerry implied that only dumb poor people sign up for the military. Democrats imply our troops are flagrant killers of innocent people and that the Iraq war was unnecessary as Saddam slowly bought off the world governing body.

This ignorant asinine prejudice is prevalent in the democratic party of war deserters and ex-marines.

I will do a search in a bit to try and find it. I think I will send Rummy an email thanking him for his loyal service to our country's security.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 09:49 pm
This from the one link Rex did provide:

February, 1982. Despite objections from congress, President Reagan removes Iraq from its list of known terrorist countries. [1]

It seems to directly contradict your claim that congress was complicit.
0 Replies

BillyFalcon

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 09:57 pm
Liberalism - Morality
During the Vietnam era, the acclaimed historian Henry Steele Commager had this to say: ( I remember it quite closely)

If you are not prepared to put 5 million troops on the Indo-china peninsula, don't put one on..

----------------------------------
I was working as a guard in a bank at the time, 12 am to 8 am. During a coffee break, a new employee, a young man who had been in Vietnam in the advisor stage. He was backing the involvement of the USA. I asked him if he had heard of Commager. He replied, "No. but when we send in 5,000 Marines, those gooks won't know what hit them."

I think the USA had a perception that most other countries, especiaily third world ones, are inferior and incapable of winning a war against the USA.

Vietnam was an example of arrogance and stupidity. And so is Iraq. Things haven't changed.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 10:37 pm
parados wrote:
This from the one link Rex did provide:

February, 1982. Despite objections from congress, President Reagan removes Iraq from its list of known terrorist countries. [1]

It seems to directly contradict your claim that congress was complicit.

Well you should know that the president sets the policy and congress has to vote to "fund it"... Think about that. Congress voted to fund WMD for Iraq... This is govt. policy not speculation.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 10:39 pm
Re: Liberalism - Morality
BillyFalcon wrote:
During the Vietnam era, the acclaimed historian Henry Steele Commager had this to say: ( I remember it quite closely)

If you are not prepared to put 5 million troops on the Indo-china peninsula, don't put one on..

----------------------------------
I was working as a guard in a bank at the time, 12 am to 8 am. During a coffee break, a new employee, a young man who had been in Vietnam in the advisor stage. He was backing the involvement of the USA. I asked him if he had heard of Commager. He replied, "No. but when we send in 5,000 Marines, those gooks won't know what hit them."

I think the USA had a perception that most other countries, especiaily third world ones, are inferior and incapable of winning a war against the USA.

Vietnam was an example of arrogance and stupidity. And so is Iraq. Things haven't changed.

True, the left is still dividing our county, things have not changed.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 11:23 pm
How moral is a man who lays with another man and ignores Leviticus that it is an abomination for a man to lay with mankind and that he should be stoned to death. This man tends to feel he is religious.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 11:54 pm
talk72000 wrote:
How moral is a man who lays with another man and ignores Leviticus that it is an abomination for a man to lay with mankind and that he should be stoned to death. This man tends to feel he is religious.

It is an abomination in the Bible to eat pork also you pig eater... You apparently are what you eat...
0 Replies