Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 10:12 am
"To cut and paste is to know thy Saviour" - BS 8:10
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 10:33 am
Gargamel wrote:
"To cut and paste is to know thy Saviour" - BS 8:10

You're the one with the cool-aid in hand not me... Smile

Wasn't it San Francisco where Jim moved his "temple"???

Also,
One has to be familiar with the scriptures to know what and where to cut and paste...

Try it yourself, it is not that easy. Yet even uninformed Biblical word searches can be very informative.

One has to know the words that exist before one can even do an insightful search. This takes years of study. It takes some idea of biblical context before one can fluently express themselves in biblical thought.

Jesus' motto was "it is written", I tend to think that is a good standard for truth.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 05:55 pm
nimh wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Consider this we once had the Iraqi trust but that was dashed by the liberal media's hatred for our president.. You will NEVER convince me otherwise.

You think the Iraqis watch your liberal media?

Its one thing to submit that a) CNN, ABC, NYT, WaPo etc are liberal and b) that they shape Americans' opinions - I disagree, but there is still a semblance of coherence about the claim.

But that it is they who have made the Iraqis lose their trust in Bush? Despite the fact that none of them are broadcast or read in Iraq in the first place?

You dont think that Iraqi feelings about the reality around them in their own country is more likely to have been informed by, you know - the reality around them in their own country?

I see the radical Islamists (which includes much of the middle east people) as tribal.

But it seems within these tribes they are always fighting their own wives, brothers and cousins. If they are not fighting their own wives, brothers and cousins they are fighting another tribe... When they are not fighting another tribe they are fighting the Israelis (who are also their brothers)whey they are not fighting Israelis, pagans, anyone else that looks at them funny, they are fighting the west. If they were not fighting the west they are fighting the east. So no matter what, they are always fighting about something.

Considering their whole way of life is so fractured one would think they do not have time enough to read Danish cartoons.

...see my point?

I have heard it once termed the butterfly effect...
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 06:16 pm
This is an odd perspective from someone who begins a thread solely to fight with liberals.
If it's not liberals, it's non-Christians.
If it's not them it's someone else.

If it's not someone else, you'll settle for fignting with anyone who merely disagrees with what shade of Red you are.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 06:32 pm
Quote:
Jesus' motto was "it is written", I tend to think that is a good standard for truth.

Well, at least it is an adequate standard for establishing what is written.

How's your ministry going, rex? Converts pouring in? Heavenly pats on the back as your drift off to sleep?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 06:43 pm
There was a guy nomed Natas who lived in Sedah.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 08:22 pm
blatham wrote:

and he new a girl from ol' kentuck... Shocked
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 02:15 am
My comments in red...

blatham wrote:
Quote:

Well, at least it is an adequate standard for establishing what is written.

That one-liner of yours Blatham is one of the most intelligent responses I have read years. There's hope for you. Smile

How's your ministry going, rex? Converts pouring in? Heavenly pats on the back as your drift off to sleep?

Actually had I only brought one soul in my lifetime to the lord I would feel my journey through this world was complete, but considering I have witnessed the truth and won many souls I have a warm sense of accomplishment that follows me. This feeling is priceless...

Matthew 11:30
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 02:23 am
My yolk this morning was easy.

...come to think of it, it may have been overeasy.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 03:00 am
candidone1 wrote:
My yolk this morning was easy.

...come to think of it, it may have been overeasy.

That's funny, It reminds me of when I was a youngster in church... Whenever I would hear the word yolk I thought about eggs. It was not until later in life when I learned what the Bible meant by a yolk... :wink:
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 05:52 am
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
blatham wrote:

pssst...spin the turntable backwards slowly, four little treats in four/four time
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 06:44 am
Rex,
Your admission that you are only doing word searches kind of says it all.

You should really try reading the whole verse before you cut and paste.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 08:40 am
parados wrote:
Rex,
Your admission that you are only doing word searches kind of says it all.

You should really try reading the whole verse before you cut and paste.

Are you saying we cannot trust the words in "the word"?

I know the verses in my head, I just use key words to find them so I don't have to type them out every time... (cut and paste is a handy tool) But in essence I can think fluently in scripture without a Bible... My knowledge is not always perfect but I do remember the key words so I can reference these scriptures to support a biblical thought I hold. That is because I have studied and memorized the scriptures and I do know their context. I do not just rely on a single scripture to prove a concept, I prefer to have many scriptural references to support any particular doctrine I profess to be true.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 09:24 am
Parados,

What I have taught here is based upon only my discussion of the word bold and the concept of grace.

If you are implying that Christians should be pacifists I can show you this idea is erroneous Biblically from several other different angles. It is not just word searches it is knowing what is written.

I will give you another one (in addition to the word "bold" and how that is used textually.)

A small summery of events...

Jesus is crucified,

Jesus rises form the dead and is seen by the apostles, and before their eyes he ascends into heaven. Before he ascends he tells them to wait in Jerusalem for the promise of the holy spirit.

The apostles wait in Jerusalem 50 days, during that time the Bible depicts Peter and the apostles as hiding from the public and afraid and fearful for their own lives.

Joh 20:19
Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

Comment:
On the day of Pentecost, fifty days after the ascension, the holy spirit comes down in the form of fire from heaven and fills the believers and the Christian is born.

Peter stands up and says,

Acts 2:14-23
14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: 15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. 16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; 17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: 19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: 20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: 21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. 22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Comment:
What changed Peter? He is certainly showing his aggressive side here.

Peter and the eleven disciples were hiding for "fear of the Jews" several weeks earlier...

Fifty days after the ascension he is standing up and hollering at the top of his voice in front of, more people than you could count, accusing them of murder (by wicked hands have crucified and slain). This was the very moment the disciples became the apostles.

The apostles continued to speak the word of God boldly till their very last dying breath.

Eph 6:10
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Comment:
How is that for context? I not only know the words of the word but I know the flow of the word and the scope of the word.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 01:27 am
It is odd for me to compare apples with oranges but maybe it is not like that.

I see liberals as encompassing a group of certain people.

This group is a wide spectrum of archetypes. Some are completely anti establishment and others are on the moderate side.

Yet even those on the moderate side are part of a group that is unsavory to say the least.

Let's dissect the liberal group's agendas.

On the far left of the liberal group you have some religious people (Yes it's true conservatives can be liberals and not know it.). These are those who think they can do things like handle snakes and they won't get bit. They might as well go play in traffic. For a Christian to be so liberal as to perform reckless acts in the name of God is only to make a mockery of God. These people are in essence liberal but they think they are conservative.

So a Christian can have the mindset of a liberal, the spirit is within but the mind can become confused. A true conservative lives a conservative lifestyle. Though we can debate on what a conservative lifestyle means most of us will agree it does not include handling snakes. These snake handlers turn the faith of God into a Blair Witch Project type movie and lifestyle.

Then we get to the types of people who do not do things as the "liberal" Christians. The liberal Christians do things because supposedly God told them to. This group of anarchists just do things because they want to mess things up for anyone who gets in their way or wants to be happy. They are born out of pure chaos and fear. (Now we are still talking about liberals remember?)

Then we get to the liberals who are always moaning about going to hell but they never do anything to get out of their miserable state. These are people who have bought into the left wing illusion and are now desolate and empty from it. So they lash out at the world with their gory artworks reflecting the ugly personal reality that they have created within themselves. They cut off their ear and send it to their girlfriends and consider themselves to be progressive and modern. These are usually bitter atheists and rationalists who have it out for God and themselves.

Then you have the moderate liberal that just floats around waiting to have their identity stolen and their kids corrupted over the internet by someone else in their own party. In this group you have the liberals who are liberals only because they want to see that everything fails because they are mad at something that happened a long time ago..

The liberal nightmare is a cheap horror flick that re-runs on the sci-fi channel. These are liberal out of some arbitrary reasoning pattern and not the real reason to be liberal. What are the liberal people searching for? They have spread themselves over the gamut of imperceptible shamble. They dream up new plots to play in their art world that are more grotesque and immoral than the last. The violence in movies are searching reaching out in the toilet of the imagination for some tragedy that has not been considered yet to make a movie out of. Why is the liberal so obsessed with visualizing filth and displaying it in our faces? The worst things they can think could happen day in day out bombarding us in their liberal media. The degradation of all standards and the irrational world of the left leads me only to wonder why? The constant angling away from simple love. One wardrobe malfunction after another.

Why must the liberal culture be like this? Why do so many people ascribe to this drive to take the psyche into the deepest darkest recess of our human condition?

When one thinks about the physical realms versus the spiritual realms it becomes clear the these people are bewitched by these sprightly but devious spirits and they are addicted to them. They are most likely unaware, confused or defiantly and consciously being manipulated by them.

I divide people by who understand the difference between the culture of the liberal and the culture of the truth.

For it is the truth that the liberal attacks, they are gangsters and thieves and they aim to rob you of your soul... they aim to bring you over to their understanding of what culture should be. They are oblivious to this idea they only pretend to know.

The liberal artist perceives themselves somehow pinned between this romantic perception of them star-crossed and profoundly lost in sin. Thus they have resigned themselves at a lifetime of servitude to sin. Thus the true self is denied for a guilt ridden self that must incriminate the word in their own nightmare in order to feel accepted in this world. They mirror their fears and make the world their accomplis in crime.

The "true" conservative by stark contrast is a very rare breed. I am not talking about the conservative that spends Sundays kneeling on a hard floor in church and going to stripper clubs on Friday. These people the Christian message has just not clicked and they have become masters of self deception.

Liberty cannot exist without a true and functioning faith in God. For it is only God who can forgive sins and cause a gulf so liberty can survive. Without the gulf of repentance liberty cannot be justified.

The world is now shaking and teetering on the brink of disgust and collapse. Our children are being ignored by their parents because their parents have bought into this liberal sloppy way of life and guilt. We are taught we have to suffer to become holy and no longer are children brought up and nurtured in nests but they are dropped from trees like baby snakes and expected to fend for themselves in the wild open.

This all out of the fear that if you try to instill character in your children then you are somehow shifting them from the norm. Yet it is the norm that has shifted. The norm has become a news based frightening picture, a world history of liberals, glorified bandits, train robbers and drugged out suicide rock stars.

Peace with God

(Maybe it's "bad" apples and oranges...)
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 02:07 pm
blatham wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
blatham wrote:

pssst...spin the turntable backwards slowly, four little treats in four/four time

{gasp!!!} you mean the walrus was.....nigel tuffnell ????
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 02:13 pm
I see Rex has decided to redefine liberal to be anyone that doesn't agree with him.

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 02:35 pm
RexRed wrote:
The norm has become a news based frightening picture, a world history of liberals, glorified bandits, train robbers and drugged out suicide rock stars.

You forgot to mention conservative evangelical leaders who buy crystal meth and consort with gay prostitutes...
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 02:43 pm
Rex covered himself when he said

Quote:
For a Christian to be so liberal as to perform reckless acts in the name of God is only to make a mockery of God. These people are in essence liberal but they think they are conservative.

See, no good conservative ever does anything bad. If you do something bad it makes you a liberal.

Shhhhhh .. no one point out to Rex that he is a liberal..
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 02:50 pm
Aha, thanks for that, parados. I didn't realize how well-organized (and hermetically sealed) Rex's world view is!
0 Replies