Overly friendly neighbor...

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 01:37 am
This guy wants to mow your lawn, marty, and blow your leaves and after that he will do the yardwork.

Men prowl.

Joe(I've done a lot of yardwork on the prowl)Nation
0 Replies

NoNe

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 01:58 pm
Re: Overly friendly neighbor...
martybarker wrote:
Hi all,
it wasn't my imagination but he touched my butt
Neighbors do not simply touch butts, dear. I think he wants sex with u....what a bastard! Laughing
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 11:25 pm
Yikes, has it been a year since I posted on this topic?! My neighbor is currently helping his friend, my contractor, install my kitchen. So I've been seeing more of him lately than I'm comfortable with.

I always try to talk about his wife, thinking that will take focus off of me and show that I'm interested in her and him as a couple. Well today I asked him what his wife was up to. His reply was "Divorcing me." (Awkward!) So I said I was sorry to hear it. I also mentioned that I hardly ever saw her and he said"That's because she doesn't like you"

I really appreciate everything he does for me but I've reached the point where I don't feel comfortable around him.

What do you think?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 11:29 pm
martybarker wrote:
Yikes, has it been a year since I posted on this topic?! My neighbor is currently helping his friend, my contractor, install my kitchen. So I've been seeing more of him lately than I'm comfortable with.

I always try to talk about his wife, thinking that will take focus off of me and show that I'm interested in her and him as a couple. Well today I asked him what his wife was up to. His reply was "Divorcing me." (Awkward!) So I said I was sorry to hear it. I also mentioned that I hardly ever saw her and he said"That's because she doesn't like you"

I really appreciate everything he does for me but I've reached the point where I don't feel comfortable around him.

What do you think?

He's hunting Marty, he'll deny it but he is.

Be blunt marty, tell him you don't want him in your yard any more.

Say it like this.

I DONT WANT YOU TO COME INTO MY YARD ANYMORE. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 11:32 pm
Yeah, but it's more complicated, what with the contractor and the kitchen.

Or... is it. Contractors can get new helpers..

oy vey.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 11:37 pm
OK, your not going to believe this one. A few weeks ago he was in the kitchen talking to me about the plaster or something and I felt a brush against my thigh. I think he did it again!! I know I didn't imagine his hand or finger brush against my leg. This time I felt angry and stepped away and made sure I had something between us, like the dog, or a box.

After the kitchen is done I'm going to just hire out the extra help I need around the house. I used to feel that I could just call him to help with a ladder or to figure out what's wrong with the heater. Now he just creeps me out.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 11:41 pm
How much longer until he finishes the work?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 11:44 pm
Marty, be careful....he is way too the point.

Your gut is right on, girl.....

RH
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 11:45 pm
Maybe 2 days to finish what they've already started and then the plan was to install the floor. I haven't purchased the flooring materials yet.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 11:45 pm
Tellthe contractor he felt you up.

Say it like this;

Mr contractor, I believe your assistant tried to touch my thigh. I am uncomfortable with this man in my house. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS!
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 11:48 pm
My neighbor is the one who suggested this guy as a contractor and just hangs out and helps him get the work done. So he isn't officially the contractor's helper. As a matter of fact, the two of them are working together between my house and the neighbors daughters house. So it really appears like he's just trying to be helpful and nice.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 12:02 am
Marty, you are too nice.

This is the stuff that happens to people that don't speak their minds.

There is a very good reason why I'm am not that friendly with my neighbor. And he's very likely to even try to touch my ass.
But he's too friendly and knows no boundaries.
If I let him, he'd be in my house, on my couch, borrowing everything and bothering me non-stop. Eventually, if I was nice, yeah, maybe he'd even try a hug or a grope.

I am downright rude to him at times.

I can also stop and exchange a few words if I have a moment.
But it's my time. And my decision. And sitting around talking to my neighbor, cause his family has gotten sick of talking to him, is NOT one of my priorities.

The moment you felt uncomfortable with him, I wish that you had laid it on the line then.

Now, even after all this time, I think it's best to lay it out for him.

Do not let him in your house.
Life is too short to be dealing with people that you don't feel comfortable with. especially in your own house!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 12:08 am
So he's going to be coming around for a while then. That's too bad. But the other guy is almost always around too, isn't he? That should provide some sort of buffer, right?

I think you should just avoid the guy as much as possible. Or maybe the next time he's around you could get on the phone and start talking about how your violently jealous ex-boyfriend is getting out of jail soon, and how he only went there in the first place because he put a guy in traction for smiling at you.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 12:10 am
Or just do what Kicky said...
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 12:16 am
None of the above except for saying it straight.

Do it, do it now.

YOU MAKE ME FEEL UNCONFORTABLE PLEASE DIONT COME INTO MY YARD OR HOUSE PLEASE DONT HELP ME ANT MORE. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 12:17 am
I guess it all depends on how uncomfortable you really are about the guy. I'm thinking it's just that level of uncomfortable that's still tolerable, like in certain unavoidable social situations, but if it really is uncomfortable to a point that you think he could try to force himself on you or something, then maybe it's more appropriate to do what dadpad or caribou have said. You know? You know.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 12:20 am
I think there is probably still a big part of Marty that just can't be mean to annoying people...

Marty?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 12:21 am
Begin by telling your contractor you don't want the other guy in your house.

Don't wait to do it.

Don't let the neighbour in your house for any reason. He seems to have gone past behaving inappropriately, and doesn't understand he's making you uncomfortable.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 12:25 am
I don't think it's gotten to the point where I feel he could force himself on me. I agree with you all that I should make myself less available to him.

This thanksgiving i was on-call for work and the kids were with their dad. My neighbor knew this because he saw my ex pick up the kids. So he stops by in the evening around 7pm with a plate of food. I thanked him telling him it wasn't necessary. I felt like he paused in the doorway a little to long...I thanked him again and said goodnight. I called after an hour to say that I enjoyed the dinner and that I didn't want to keep him from his family. He said"Oh, I'm just over here alone on thanksgiving just like you"
Creepy, yes?

Oh well, like I said, i'll be keeping my distance.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 12:26 am
caribou wrote:
I think there is probably still a big part of Marty that just can't be mean to annoying people...

Marty?

Yeah, that's me!
0 Replies