Overly friendly neighbor...

stuh505

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 10:26 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Marty, I don't know if your neighbor is creepy or lonely or misunderstood.
Given the clues you have, shut him down (my point of view) or talk him down.

Hey come on, does a guy have to be creepy or lonely to want to get some extra-marital play?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 10:41 pm
I suppose there is a chance this is a perfectly nice guy....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 10:44 pm
Well, lonely, probably. Dumb, re the immediate neighbor, yes. Creepy, I'll grant your point on that as arguable. But not by much.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 10:53 pm
I wasn't really trying to make a serious point Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 10:56 pm
On extramarital play, I have low qualms, explained elsewhere. On grabbing a neighbor up her ladder, figuratively or in real life, I do have qualms if she doesn't welcome it. And if she doesn't, you have another 28 years to live next door.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 10:59 pm
Quote:
I know it wasn't my imagination but he touched my butt as I walked him out

Sexual abuse? Did you report him to the cops?

I'd have nothing, absolutely nothing to do with him. If you have kids or pets, be sure to keep them away from this pervert.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 11:01 pm
ossobuco wrote:
I suppose there is a chance this is a perfectly nice guy....

...With nice fingers on her butt? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 11:03 pm
Quote:
I think the next time it happens, the best response is to snap at him.

Snap at him? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Get a German Shepard dog, keep the dog moderately hungry, and teach the dgo to "GRAB" on command. Mad
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 11:05 pm
Quote:
I have one male friend that is touchy feeling, it was weird at first, but I know thats just him now..

"Touchy feeling"? More butt touching?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 11:06 pm
martybarker wrote:
OK, how's this one...I work occassionally late. Sometimes getting called into work after dark. He has commented before on what time I get in. He knows when I come and go.

That does it! I'd move... Very Happy
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 11:07 pm
martybarker wrote:
So, since I don't accept the touching how do I get it to stop without being outright mean. I appreciate himas a good neighbor but nothing else

Get him to stop by teaching your German Shephard to "Grab". Razz
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 11:08 pm
Sheesh, Miller...how many guys have you called the cops on?

I don't see what the big deal is. Many women really honestly like having their butts grabbed, but they won't like it if you ask nicely first.

Men have to make a lot of first moves to get anywhere, which requires taking a lot of chances. If he is indeed interested in her, it does not sound surprising for him to look for discrete non-verbal ways of testing the waters.

Anyway, we don't even know for sure that he did intentionally brush his hand against her butt!
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 11:09 pm
ossobuco wrote:

55, so what, he's alive...

His fingers are also alive.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 11:13 pm
stuh505 wrote:

I don't see what the big deal is. Many women really honestly like having their butts grabbed, but they won't like it if you ask nicely first.

If my neighbor grapped my butt, for sure, it'd be the very last thing the prick ever grapped again. If he wants to grap something let him grap his wife or for that matter, let him grap himself, the dam stiff prick!
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 11:16 pm
How do I get him to stop testing the waters??
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 11:32 pm
I see myself as somewhere in the waters between stuh and miller here.

The odd neighbor grabs my butt and his head will be singing soon. The non-odd neighbor, well, who knows, but he won't get in my house by the aforementioned methods any time soon, especially the guy described here.

Stuh, I am not sure if you understand safety where you live. One doesn't want a creep next door, day and night. I'm not sure this guy is a creep, but the description is getting borderline.

I've been a bunnyrabbit like any one else here. Still. Don't mess with me and my home.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 11:36 pm
Well, marty, a few of us said, snap at him.

Some others of us said, explain it all.

I amended to say, snap, and then explain.

I think snapping is completely appropriate. And possibly hitting with a pie plate.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 12:15 am
martybarker wrote:
Ossobucco,
Not that there is anything wrong with 55. It's just that I see him as strictly a nice neighbor that I appreciate the help he has given me. If he were single I wouldn't think twice about dating him or allowing him to touch my butt. The strange thing about it was that it was a very light touch, but I know I didn't imagine it. Embarrassed

I started to think about this post. I have enlarged the part that I have now considered once again. Given that you feel this way, I am wondering if it possible that you are unknowingly giving off subliminal messages that you are attracted to him. I really think that this is possible and the man is simply confused.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 07:41 am
Intrepid wrote:
martybarker wrote:
Ossobucco,
Not that there is anything wrong with 55. It's just that I see him as strictly a nice neighbor that I appreciate the help he has given me. If he were single I wouldn't think twice about dating him or allowing him to touch my butt. The strange thing about it was that it was a very light touch, but I know I didn't imagine it. Embarrassed

I started to think about this post. I have enlarged the part that I have now considered once again. Given that you feel this way, I am wondering if it possible that you are unknowingly giving off subliminal messages that you are attracted to him. I really think that this is possible and the man is simply confused.

Wow, Intrepid, at the risk of repeating myself, ^^^^^ what he said.

I'm still advocating blunt, followed by snapping, if necessary. Snapping closes doors that might not need to be closed. Blunt gets the message across and leaves the door open for a future platonic relationship. Think about the relationship you would want to have with this COUPLE and proceed accordingly.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 08:00 am
Snapping doesn't have to close any doors. It could be as simple as, "Excuse me, did you just grab my butt??" "Well, don't do it again Confused " I don't see why that would destroy a friend.
0 Replies