What's up with that?

Montana

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 12:15 am
dupre
I'm so glad to hear that you cleared the air about that and am quite sure that you feel awesome about it. He needs to hear these things if he is ever going to change and now you don't have to fume about it anymore ;-) Bravo girl! :-D

Rae
i guess we all feel different about what is right or wrong and I personally have extremely high respect for your feelings ;-)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 12:37 am
Dupre, that recount was wonderful, very good to hear.

Rae, you and I are different, I might not have been unhappy with that comment from your friend, lacivious or not.
But, hey, one makes one
's own boundaries with friends.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 04:56 am
That must have been something, dupre. I wonder if he realized he was set up.

OssoB, when I say I'd whack the bum-patter, it's not that I'd realize I was patted, think about it, and decide to whack. It's pretty much a reflex. In my 20's, I used to take a train that brought me back to my hometown at about 4 a.m. The conductors used to think it fun to have the newest guy go and wake me up - I was noted for waking up swinging. Not hard, but enough to make the person who startled me, startled themselves. I am slightly less hair-triggered now, but it can still happen. I almost slapped a manager at work about two months ago, when I was extremely focussed on a phone mediation - and he came lurking over my shoulder.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 07:03 am
LOL Beth! I hear ya :-D
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 07:26 am
Yup. I had my bum pinched in Prague and the fist was formed and I'd whirled around before a conscious thought had formed.

dupre, I'm glad you are finding ways to handle this to your satisfaction. I have never been in an analogous situation; I just don't socialize with people I don't like. Too bad that you don't seem to have much choice in the matter.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 07:43 am
When I had my bum pinched in Prague - I took the guy back to my hotel....

But then I am a ...

never mind
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 12:07 pm
Hey, thanks for the show of support. Without it, I would have done NOTHING, as usual.

After I did my thing, he proceded to drink a little too much for a Monday--was it Monday?--night. He sang, loudly, made-up cowboy lyrics, impeding my opportunity to visit with Mrs. Bubba. We couldn't hear each other. No one could talk.

He said that I would never quit smoking, when my goal was brought up.

He slammed my plans to go visit New York City, implied I was all talk, interrogated me about my plans, and then said that even if I did go, the trip wouldn't be worth it.

He boasted about his plans to build an arena for roping and said that I would have 20 cowboys to visit with.

I was literally PULLING MY HAIR OUT as I repetitively ran my fingers through it.

He said, "All men want to be like me and all women want me!"

He insisted on 100 percent attention, and then spoke so slowly, I wanted to thrust my fist down his throat and pull those words out.

I told him he was just going to have to speak faster than that, if wanted my undivided attention. He slowed down.

I tried several times to bow out, to leave, but he kept insisting I stay. Said we were making memories.

He likes to call himself "Big Daddy," so I hope he felt offended when I referred to him as "my BABY brother."

I guess he gets away with it because he always does these things with such a huge, infectious smile.

Found out his wife is mad at him because he plans on building that arena before fixing the moldy broken tile in his children's bathroom, a long-time-ago promise he has not fulfilled. Supposedly the broken tile is also drawing bugs into the house. Well, the house has a bug problem anyway. She's bitter about that.

He has, oh, about 20 different types of vehicles parked here at the ranch. One is an expensive 18-wheeler he got when he thought he wanted to be a truck driver. It's been here about half a year, and he finally has a buyer for it.

He keeps buying and selling off his horses; since--I think--he really doesn't know what he's doing with them, he's never really satisfied with them when he gets them.

He has a huge outbuilding outside his house, stuffed with expensive taxidermy material for when he thought he wanted to do that for a living.

He has spent thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of dollars, on his dreams and cannot find the time to fix a few square feet of tile for his kids!

And, he refuses to hire anyone and have them in the house without him there to protect his belongings and his wife. He doesn't want to take a day off work, now that he is working. That was a whole different fight.

Of course, most of the above are not my issues with him, but I thought it might shed some light as to his persona.

I've just gotta get away from these yahoos. There's too much to fix to make him worth being around. How in the world would I benefit from such a relationship? The only thing I could possible hope for, in the end, if I were successful, would be to not be offended.

Don't y'all ask for more than that from your associations????
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 03:06 pm
For sure!

If you have any choice in the matter, bolt!! If ending your association is possible, make it so...
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 06:07 pm
Yep. Don't go to these get-togethers. Whomever coined the phrase 'if ya can't beat'em, join'em', didn't have the pleasure of meeting Bubba.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 12:00 am
Run like the wind dupre!!! The man is hopeless!!!
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 01:48 pm
Thanks for offering your perspective. That's something sorely missing around here. Only one person I know of, after meeting Bubba, was willing to--days later--explain that he didn't want anything to do with him, and why.

People around here tend to gossip at home, and not really confront anyone directly.

I consider myself a direct person, yet, well, the influence of living in a small town, where we all have to see each other repeatedly through the years, does tend to make a person more cautious.

I'm tying on my running shoes as we speak.

Nothing is worth this.

There's nothing to gain but agitation.

Thanks, again!!!!!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 02:00 pm
It's a bird, it's a plane, it's dupre running by reeeeeeal fast! Very Happy

Good for you.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 02:02 pm
...trying to catch enough updraft to fly......
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 02:05 pm
There's plenty of hot air rising down at the barn.
Smile
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 10:32 pm
LOL! You're right Dupre, nothing at all is worth putting up with that big bag of wind. You should be enjoying yourself with the people you spend time with. He doesn't deserve to be in the same room or barn with you ;-)
0 Replies