What's up with that?

ehBeth

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 05:51 pm
That sounds like a good conversation, Montana.

now, if there's any trouble, hmmmmmm, if Sozobe puts the Sozlet in the car and starts driving East, and I wait at the side of the 401 (trans-canada) with Bailey and Cleo in Algernon, and we keep heading East, why, our convoy will be there in no time. I'm sure I could encourage Bailey and Cleo to become ankle-biters. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 05:56 pm
If I can make it up to the panhandle, will ya come by and pick me up?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 06:23 pm
Grab a boat going up the Intra-Coastal Waterway, and we'll find a way to catch ya.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 06:26 pm
Oh jeez.....this sounds like work!

Maybe I'll just fly. The old arms are still in pretty good shape..... :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 07:26 pm
LOL! Looks like Mr. Butthead better watch himself. I don't think he's aware that I have such a dangerous gang ;-) I'll go out and get the beer for my gals :-D
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 07:31 pm
We're there for ya, ma'am. Us wimmins gotta stick together!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 07:31 pm
The gang's all here!http://www.mimi-art.net/_borders/P106%20The%20Gangs%20all%20here_small1.JPG
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 07:46 pm
Awwwww!!!!! You guys are sooooooooo cool!!!!!!

Rae
I told mom what you said and she smiled and said "tell her I said thanks" ;-)

Beth
Looks like everyone is here. Yippi!!!!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 07:50 pm
let's have a tea party ..... click once we get to Montana's.

(i think the Sozlet will like this :wink: )
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 02:24 am
Quote:
This sure turned out to be a job.

It's amazing what time-thieves these yahoos turn out to be!

The guy I'm having problems with leases Mr. dupre's land for ag.

He's a bore, a braggart, a bully, a tease, and a flirt. At our Saturday night barn parties (his family and ours) we've been forced on more than one occassion to listen to him nonstop. He and his wife never ask us about our lives, days, jobs. But we have to listen to every detail of his job and all about his purchases and deals and steals. One night, he spent about six hours telling us all about all his bar room brawls from his youth.

The LAST time I went down to the barn, he was telling stories about Iranians, cowboys, and men's private parts. He topped this off with a story about Blacks using the "N" word and "cxxn."

The only solution I can see is that I simply not go back. After six years I can't see any hope of improvement with age.

I can't correct him or express my outrage. He simply doesn't give anyone a chance to speak or respond. And, here in small-town Texas a woman never corrects a man in front of his children.

I do not wonder that he has nowhere but here to go on Saturday nights.

I'll bet some of those bar room brawls were other people's attempts at teaching him manners.

I have some wonderful books in my library and season tickets to the theater, which is how I will spend my future Saturday nights.

He's stolen way too much of my time already.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 10:32 am
And you have had to spend Saturday nights with this person? Shocked
OY!
You are a very tolerant woman to have spent more than one Saturday night in his company.
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 06:30 pm
I see the irony here, that I, too, had nowhere else to go. But the truth is, I do. Mr. dupre enjoys this man's company and for that and for the two adorable children's company I went.

But no more.

They are down there now. With my dog and with a friend of Mr. dupre's I have not seen in some time.

I'm not going. . . .

Well, maybe I will go for a little bit.

<sigh>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 06:42 pm
Being grown-up is rough, isn't it? <<sigh>>
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 08:30 pm
I went.

No racial slurs tonight.

In fact, he listened . . . or by default was forced to listen to various grammar and substantive errors in the novel I'm currently proofreading.

Uh . . . maybe that's why he never asks about my work.

?

No racial slurs tonight, thank goodness, but I need a brief, easy comeback for when he goes there.

Not speaking up causes me to have intrusive thoughts throughout the week as to what I should've said.

Any one-liners here appreciated.

Thanks.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 08:38 pm
dupre
I feel you agony! What a putz this guy is. I can't stand people who are so full of themselves that no one can get a word in edgewise, as if their lives are all anyone would want to hear about. I don't blame you for not wanting to go and understand why you've had to bite your tongue. I have the same thoughts that linger as you do when I don't speak my mind and it it really is rather haunting. Good for you for taking over the conversation for a change ;-)
I'm sure that in time you'll get fed up and stop going all together.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 10:25 pm
Oh, I missed all the gang plotting 'til now! I'm SO in! Sozlet too! (I bet she could be an ankle-biter as well...)

She's not around just now but I'll show her the pic tmw, and I'm sure she'll love it!! Very Happy

As Noddy says, hold your dominion, wimmin.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 07:46 am
Dupre
Dupre, you asked for some one-liner comebacks. The one that never fails me, especially with uncouth men is "Go to your room!"

---BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 09:12 am
Yes! I love it. It's perfect!

Thanks, I'll add it to the arsenol . . . of one at the moment.

How about:

Your racial slurs are beneath your overreaching status as a human being.

The circular logic of that one ought to keep him busy for awhile.

Probably a little high-brow for him, but, well, I'll need a variety of approaches to undo forty years' worth of attitude.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 09:19 am
sozobe wrote:
Oh, I missed all the gang plotting 'til now! I'm SO in! Sozlet too! (I bet she could be an ankle-biter as well...)

She's not around just now but I'll show her the pic tmw, and I'm sure she'll love it!! Very Happy

As Noddy says, hold your dominion, wimmin.

Oh cool. Sozet sounds like she'll be the most productive person in the gang ;-) We could make her our leader. I'm sure she could come up with some great ideas. Kids have such wonderful imaginations Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 09:21 am
dupre wrote:
Yes! I love it. It's perfect!

Thanks, I'll add it to the arsenol . . . of one at the moment.

How about:

Your racial slurs are beneath your overreaching status as a human being.

The circular logic of that one ought to keep him busy for awhile.

Probably a little high-brow for him, but, well, I'll need a variety of approaches to undo forty years' worth of attitude.

I love it. It may take him 30 years to figure out what it means, but it'll at least be fun to watch his expression ;-)
0 Replies