Clemency for Tookie?

mysteryman

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:02 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
"No fingerprints, blood or clothing at either crime scene connected Williams to the shootings. The main physical evidence against him was a shell casing at the motel, matched to Williams' shotgun by a sheriff's expert whose testing methods have been derided as "junk science'' by an expert hired by Williams' current lawyers. Last week, the state Supreme Court rejected a defense request for new tests of the gun." http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/12/07/MNG60G468I1.DTL

Gee Blue,
An "expert" hired by the defense testifies for the defense.
How shocking is that?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:22 pm
Ya shoulda read some of Blueflame's posts back in the days of Abuzz. Wheee!

Sad our school systems turn out this sort of thing.

Intelligence wasted.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:29 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
Lash he didn't make a final statement. Some people say he may have been given clemency if he apologized and confessed. This is from the link I posted "Now that clemency is his last hope, Williams' "claim of innocence may be hurting him'' by making it impossible for him to express remorse for the four murders, said UC Berkeley Law Professor Franklin Zimring, an expert on clemency.

If that costs him his life, so be it, Williams says. He told The Chronicle in an interview Thursday, "It is absurd for a person to apologize for something he didn't do. I will not lower my integrity. It would be wrong.''

Twenty-Four, yep, countem, 24 years for something to change or come up. Tookie had gone through the process. BTW Blue, the more I read about Tookie and how he was in jail, I doubt there was much remorse for the people that died. His position of innocence was consistent, but iI doubt he was. Take a look at the article I posted for Lash.

I am sorry however that they put him to death, I think he got off easy!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 04:19 am
"I am sorry however that they put him to death, I think he got off easy!"

Are you another "he should have been tortured to death" advocate Steviepax. (Pax?)
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 07:28 am
mysteryman, yup an expert hired by the defense. One of the leadeing forensic experts in the country who pointed out that the "expert" in this case didn't even use the standard test used since the 20s. The prosecution's expert first said he could not determine the shotgun shell came from the shotgun found under the main witnesse's bed. The prosecuter then got the expert to change his testimony. And he changed not based on any scientific testing. This is the only physical evidence in the case and it was not scientifically proved. Last week the court refused to order new tests on the shotgun and shell. Why? Because if the test proved the shell was not related to the shotgun the state was caught red handed framing an innocent man.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 07:32 am
Everyone's innocent in God's eyes, but not mine.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 07:32 am
Blue,
No matter how you spin it,he went thry the complete appeals process and EVERY court found him guilty and found no reason to overturn his conviction,or to order a retrial.

Even the highly liberal 9th circuit court refused to intervene.
You dont have to like it,but the facts are plain.
He was guilty,and got what he deserved.

As for your "expert",any trial lawyer will tell you that they can find "experts" to testify to anything,for a fee.
0 Replies

ralpheb

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 10:55 am
I saw a picture of tookie on this thread. Any of you pro tookie people willing to post pics of the four people that he killed.
Stop trying to idolize a killer be cause he was put to death.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:17 am
last week a california court refused to re-examine forensic evidence that was highly questionable. why
0 Replies

ralpheb

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:22 am
Because he has been found guilty in so many ways that it was a waste of time. he was a waste of DNA.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:22 am

Just to annoy you
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:28 am
mysteryman, you follow a mass murderer who lied us into war. So I think your interest in this case has nothing to do with justice. You dont care if it was a frameup or not.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:35 am
It's all Bush's fault. If it wasn't for George, Tookie never would have killed those four people in the first place. Yup.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:37 am
blueflame1 wrote:
mysteryman, you follow a mass murderer who lied us into war.... .

You know, I'm about as far from being a de-moker-rat as anybody can get and I still hate to see anybody talking about Franklin Roosevelt that way.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:46 am
gungasnake wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:
mysteryman, you follow a mass murderer who lied us into war.... .

You know, I'm about as far from being a de-moker-rat as anybody can get and I still hate to see anybody talking about Franklin Roosevelt that way.

Actually,I think he meant Kennedy.
0 Replies

ralpheb

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:47 am
It was Lincoln
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:54 am
Sure is wasn't Clinton?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 12:20 pm
Here are pictures of Tookie's victims.

Perhaps you should look at them before praising St. Tookie.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 12:27 pm
McGentrix, Tookie was innocent. He was framed. The real killer got away with it. As for FDR, JFK and Clinton, they are gone. Bushie cant hide behind them. He's very much under the gun for lying us into war and his days are spent trying to convince America that he really, really didn't lie us into war. Americans are not buying that by a wide margin.
0 Replies

ralpheb

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 12:40 pm
St. Tookie.
I like that. He will be the patron Saint for inmates that say they are innocent
0 Replies