Clemency for Tookie?

blueflame1

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:25 am
Debra, haha. Well beyond all that the really important sentence is this, Moratorium on Executions in California Proposed".
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:27 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Stevepax wrote:
....excellent health care....

outrageous. they should be worked to death in the service of the reich.

OK Steve, I've got one for you. This is based on fact. Two people need a transplant, or die. One is Joe Lunchbucket who has worked and and been a good citizen all his life, and the other is a deathrow inmate.

Who got the transplant??
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:33 am
blueflame1 wrote:
Schwarzenegger Stadium in Austria to be renamed: report
Dec 15, 2005, 13:47 GMT

Graz - The Arnold Schwarzenegger Football Stadium in Austria's second-largest city Graz is to be renamed as a sign of displeasure with the city's most famous son, a local newspaper reported Thursday. . . .

Arnold is a buffoonish womanizing ego-maniac. Naming a sports stadium after him is small potatoes in comparison to giving him control over an entire state. The star-struck people who elected him to be the governor of California ought to have their heads examined.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:33 am
blueflame1 wrote:
Debra, haha. Well beyond all that the really important sentence is this, Moratorium on Executions in California Proposed".

You find that important? That a state senator has proposed legislation? That's what they do, you know ... propose legislation. A story about legislation that has been pending for months, and has not had any activity since June is not news. When they pass legislation, that's when it becomes news.

Until that point, it's just an attempt to create a news story.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:34 am
I dont know but I hope it was determined solely on medical need, regardless of lifestyle factors or current place of residence.
0 Replies

ralpheb

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:35 am
oh let me answer cmon please let me let me I know.

It wasn't the law abiding citizen!

I bet it was the person who doesn't have to pay one cent for health care.
And, I love this, they couldn't execute him until AFTER the transplant. SOOOOOOOOOOOO not only did he do wrong in order to get the death penalty, he killed somebody else because he got the transplant when he knew he was going to be executed.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:36 am
Debra_Law wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:
Schwarzenegger Stadium in Austria to be renamed: report
Dec 15, 2005, 13:47 GMT

Graz - The Arnold Schwarzenegger Football Stadium in Austria's second-largest city Graz is to be renamed as a sign of displeasure with the city's most famous son, a local newspaper reported Thursday. . . .

Arnold is a buffoonish womanizing ego-maniac. Naming a sports stadium after him is small potatoes in comparison to giving him control over an entire state. The star-struck people who elected him to be the governor of California ought to have their heads examined.

I understand a good many of them have that done on a regular basis.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:38 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
I dont know but I hope it was determined solely on medical need, regardless of lifestyle factors or current place of residence.

Steve, you are indeed a humanitarian. I said both needed it or die. That's the medical need.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:38 am
blueflame1 wrote:

Yes, let's give the really important sentence some intelligent discussion. But, do you really think the California people (the ones who fail to provide basic elementary education to their children and elect movie stars to run their state) really care about effective assistance of council . . . I mean, counsel.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:42 am
ralpheb wrote:
oh let me answer cmon please let me let me I know.

It wasn't the law abiding citizen!

I bet it was the person who doesn't have to pay one cent for health care.
And, I love this, they couldn't execute him until AFTER the transplant. SOOOOOOOOOOOO not only did he do wrong in order to get the death penalty, he killed somebody else because he got the transplant when he knew he was going to be executed.

You must have peeked at the answer! You got it right! Right Now, California is reevaluating who does, and doesn't get transplants because of this very reason.
0 Replies

ralpheb

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:45 am
The non-movie starts havent done anything to improve the education of Ca either. And poor toooooooookie chose his own counsel.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:46 am
Stevepax wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

Steve, you are indeed a humanitarian. I said both needed it or die. That's the medical need.

But its never as simple as that is it Steve? One does not die as soon as the other gets the transplant. You are not physically killing someone by postponing the operation, unless of course you both deny the patient the transplant and strike him off the waiting list. Is that what happened?
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:52 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Stevepax wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

But its never as simple as that is it Steve? One does not die as soon as the other gets the transplant. You are not physically killing someone by postponing the operation, unless of course you both deny the patient the transplant and strike him off the waiting list. Is that what happened?

Time happened Steve, postponing his transplant did kill Joe Lunchbucket. The inmate is however, still alive.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:56 am
so they saved one out of two desperately ill people. I'm glad. And sorry for the other.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 12:02 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
so they saved one out of two desperately ill people. I'm glad. And sorry for the other.

This is happening right now in Oregon.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=90611&page=1

There are pages of these if you search - transplant death row

PAGES!!

Sorry Steve, I am not the loving humanitarian you are. I think the guy that obeys the law, pays taxes his whole life, and is a good citizen should get the call! I guess I'm just old fashioned.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 12:12 pm
Stevepax wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

This is happening right now in Oregon.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=90611&page=1

There are pages of these if you search - transplant death row

PAGES!!

Sorry Steve, I am not the loving humanitarian you are. I think the guy that obeys the law, pays taxes his whole life, and is a good citizen should get the call! I guess I'm just old fashioned.

The fault is not that the prisoner gets a kidney transplant when he needs one but rather under the primitive American healthcare system, many poor people cant afford the insurance to get themselves on the waiting list. That is the real outrage. Take your anger out on that injustice, not the prison inmate.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 12:22 pm
You are changing the subject to national health care, and avoiding the issue at hand. Frankly, if they were going to take the trouble of executing Tookie, they should have chopped him up and used his parts for those that need a transplant. Now THERE"S justice. He would have been able to give life in return for those he took.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 12:40 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
The fault is not that the prisoner gets a kidney transplant when he needs one but rather under the primitive American healthcare system, many poor people cant afford the insurance to get themselves on the waiting list. That is the real outrage. Take your anger out on that injustice, not the prison inmate.

I'm just so curious where you get your ideas and opinions about these things.

Medicare provides for anyone at any age in this country who is suffering permanent kidney failure. No one is denied a place on on the waiting list for a kidney transplant, least of all those with financial problems.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 12:47 pm
JustWonders, I'm not so sure about your statement there. Do you have a link to support it??

Steve, Just incase you think I'm the only one holding this opinion.
http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/qod/030620.shtml
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 12:53 pm
http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/financialhelp/

http://www.transplantliving.org/beforethetransplant/finance/finance.aspx
0 Replies