World stunned as US struggles with Katrina

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 03:14 am
Momma Angel: You owe it to everyone here to find the source of your recent posting.

Joe(waiting)Nation
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 04:59 am
First, the reason I didn't answer for myself is that I went to bed. Can't believe this year the kids (and therefore I) have to be up at 5:30 in the morning for them to start their school day!

All I was saying was that it struck me as insenstive (dare I say elitist) given that they had had a "stratergy" meeting to correct their fumble and "spin" their delayed response, only to have Condi come out and say Jesus would arrive on time when obviously our governemnt didn't.

I'd have said the same thing if, during the California energy crisis, when the elderly and sick were going hours without electricity due to energy companies gouging and creating a shortage on purpose, anyone in any administration had gone to church with the press and given a moment at the pulpit had started singing "This Little Light of Mine."

As far as the MA posting, it is not accurate. The request for federal assistance is on Blanco's homepage and has been since shortly after it was issued. She had requested assistance from Bush / FEMA etc. prior to Katrina.

PDF: http://gov.louisiana.gov/Disaster%20Relief%20Request.pdf

Governors homepage: http://www.gov.louisiana.gov/

In case you missed the earlier link regarding strategizing: White House Enacts Plan...Political Damage
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 06:05 am
Here'smy take on the Condi thing.

She's up to the neck in this corrupt, lying administration, the worst in history. She is willfully compliant. She sold herself for a seat at the table in the Big House long ago. For her to add to these sins by having the nerve to go into the House of God and deign to instruct about Him, while living a life diametrically opposed to His teachings, is an insult to real Christians everywhere and in fact to all us plain old struggling humans.

She couldn't have blasphemed any more if she had dropped her panty hose and **** on the altar IMO.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 07:42 am
Here, I'll stir the post some more:

Quote:
Pentagon: Too much sympathy for the victims

We heard this on CNN (on satellite radio) last night while we were driving home and almost ran off the road. It was an exchange between anchor Aaron Brown and Jamie McIntyre, CNN's senior Pentagon correspondent, about the military seeking to explain it's slow response to Katrina:

MCINTYRE: And as to your question about political, I talked to a lot of people at the Pentagon today who were very frustrated about the fact that the perception was being created that the military didn't move fast enough. And they did it somewhat as political. They thought that part of the motivation was the critics of the administration to make the president look bad.

And they seemed to question the motives of some of our reporters who were out there and hearing these stories from the victims about why they had so much sympathy for the victims, and not as much sympathy for the challenges that the government met in meeting this challenge.

And I have to say thinking about that, it doesn't really seem all that unusual that you would tend to understand the plight of the victims a little more than the bureaucrats in Washington.

BROWN: Yes, I mean, I'm glad you told us that. And they have every right to believe they believe and think the way they think. I mean, and I mean that. But you've got people who have been living as refugees. It is not hard to understand why our first heart beat goes in their direction. We'll worry about the bureaucrats later.

SOURCE
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 08:07 am
husker wrote:
Set was always nice to me until ... today ...

I find that hard to believe.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 10:27 am
Well, it appears that the post I made did cause a stir didn't it? Well, I am trying to find the original source for that.

Now, Tico's article seemed to back quite a bit of that up didn't it?

I specifically added that "disclaimer" because I posted it merely as an interesting piece and WAS WANTING some feedback. Period. Now, how it is taken by others, I have no control over that. But, I stated why I did it and my intentions.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 10:53 am
Mamma Angel
Mamma Angel, are you a member of Pat Robertson's 700 Club?

Do you get your news from the CBN?

BBB
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 10:58 am
BBB Wrote:

Quote:

BBB

Well, it is pretty obvious to me you really don't pay much attention to what I post. I have stated unequivocally in previous posts how I feel about Pat Robertson and the like.

Or were you just being sarcastic?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:04 am
Ticomaya wrote:
husker wrote:
Set was always nice to me until ... today ...

I find that hard to believe.

Shocked

:wink:
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:05 am
Mamma Angel
Momma Angel wrote:
BBB Wrote:

Quote:

BBB

Well, it is pretty obvious to me you really don't pay much attention to what I post. I have stated unequivocally in previous posts how I feel about Pat Robertson and the like.

I'm not aware of your posts, could you provide me with a link so I can learn about your opinion?

Thanks,
BBB
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:10 am
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
BBB Wrote:

Quote:

BBB

I'm not aware of your posts, could you provide me with a link so I can learn about your opinion?

Thanks,
BBB

No need to post a link. I will tell you exactly what I think of Pat Robertson and those that spout things such as he does. I believe he is one of the most irresponsible Christian ministers there is (or is that there are?). Saying we should actually assassinate someone was by far the most gross misinterpretation of God's teachings imaginable. Pat Robertson appears to care (IMO) more about the wealth, gain, and power he feels he has because of what he does. It's rare you will find me agreeing with much of what he says. A minister advocating assassination is beyond reprehensible.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:13 am
Mamma Angel
Mamma Angel, HALLELUJAH !
We finally agree on something.

Praised be the Lord!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:18 am
I may not agree with Momma Angels religion, but the woman has a brain, a heart, and a steel spine.
With those qualities, you gotta love her. ;-)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:22 am
BBB Wrote:

Quote:
Mamma Angel, HALLELUJAH !
We finally agree on something.

Praised be the Lord!

LMBO! You will find, BBB, that I am just as aggressive about everything I believe in. Just because someone tells me and the world they are a Man of God or a minister, or even a God-fearing Christian, it is still my responsibility to discern the truth! I love the way you posted this! Laughing Laughing

Shewolf Wrote:

Quote:
I may not agree with Momma Angels religion, but the woman has a brain, a heart, and a steel spine.
With those qualities, you gotta love her.

Embarrassed Such nice things to say! But, I have to admit it ~ Yes, alas, I get a lot of my "stubborness" because I am a redhead! Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:28 am
Shocked
a redhead?

ohhh jeezzeee.. what is the world coming to
>dramatic faint<
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:37 am
LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am dying here! Your sense of humor is so refreshing!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:43 am
Laughing

my best and dearest friend is a red head.
Stubborn?
ppbbtthh... that is an understatement..
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:49 am
shewolfnm wrote:
Laughing

my best and dearest friend is a red head.
Stubborn?
ppbbtthh... that is an understatement..

LOL. Well, you really didn't expect me to say just HOW stubborn I am, did you? LOL!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:50 am
My understanding was that Robertson took a distinctly Christian view of assassination. That it was better to kill the President of Venezuala and get a new president who would do America's bidding over oil, than it was to invade the country thereby killing thousands to install a government which would do America's bidding over oil.

Moreover the Rev Pat Pending produced some genuine evidence for this from scrolls he had recently dug up at Nag Hammadi.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:56 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
My understanding was that Robertson took a distinctly Christian view of assassination. That it was better to kill the President of Venezuala and get a new president who would do America's bidding over oil, than it was to invade the country thereby killing thousands to install a government which would do America's bidding over oil.

Moreover the Rev Pat Pending produced some genuine evidence for this from scrolls he had recently dug up at Nag Hammadi.

Perhaps Pat Robertson felt it was a distinct view of Christianity, but I sure don't! Look, war is war. But, to flat out say, we should send someone over there to assassinate the president (anyone) is just wrong! Things may have been done that way in the Old Testament, but once Christ came on the scene, these kinds of things were no longer acceptable!

I think Pat Robertson just flat out did not think about that statement before he made it. If he had thought about it and believed in it, he would not have made an apology for it.
0 Replies