Did George Floyd ever threaten anyone's life? Did he threaten the lives of the cops who subdued him?

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2020 12:41 pm
@Linkat,
The Word says to hate the sin but love the sinner.
I don't hate gays I hate homosexuality.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2020 12:45 pm
@revelette1,
You are wrong. God sends angels to protect Christians.

Read these posts I left for Linkat:

JGoldman10 wrote:

From https://www.kcm.org/real-help/faith/learn/5-ways-put-your-angels-work :

"You have been given the authority of Jesus Christ, as an heir, and you can command your angels to move on your behalf to carry out the Word (Psalm 103:20). Kenneth Copeland advises saying something like this: 'In the Name of Jesus, ministering spirits, I assign you according to Hebrews 1:13-14 to see to it that I have protection in this car, in this airplane, in this building. I claim this right as an heir to salvation.' "

JGoldman10 wrote:

You're ignorant. Christians can pray and ask angels to form a hedge of protection around them. That's Biblical.

Angels do protect Christians:

https://www.beliefnet.com/inspiration/angels/6-bible-verses-about-angels-providing-protection.aspx

When we Christians pray God sends us angels:

http://www.christianitydaily.com/articles/8741/20161216/when-pray-god-sends-angels.htm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/juststepsin.wordpress.com/2018/06/14/the-psalm-91-prayer-for-a-hedge-of-protection/amp/

Psalm 91:11 - "For he will order his angels
to protect you wherever you go."

0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2020 12:52 pm
@JGoldman10,
Does that mean you follow all the laws and rules as dictated in Leviticus, like verses 19:19, 19:27 and 20:9?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2020 12:52 pm
@revelette1,
I'm not a Fundamentalist if that's what you are inferring.

The Bible says to study the Bible to show yourself approved (2 Timothy 2:5).

I'm not sure why this thread was derailed with discussion about prayer and the Bible.

Someone here prompted me to talk about this stuff but I don't remember who.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2020 12:55 pm
I realize I derailed my one thread with discussion about prayer and the Bible.

How many people here on Able2know are CHRISTIANS besides myself?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2020 12:57 pm
@JGoldman10,
Along with the Ten Commandments there’s something else in the Egyptian Book of The Dead that strikes a chord with a lot of Christian scholars.

The heart of the deceased is weighed against the feather of truth and has to be spot on. If not it’s annihilation. It’s where the phrases light and heavy hearted originate.

Do you think you’d do alright here? You seem to do an awful lot of victim blaming. All of the victims, not just the gay ones or those who preach tolerance and acceptance, but all of them are somehow to blame for their situation because they didn’t pray hard enough.

You are exactly like the people who crossed on the other side of the road in the parable of the Good Samaritan.

For all your supposed praying for change in police forces you’re incredibly judgemental about George Floyd, accusing him of passing counterfeit notes and being on ‘drugs.’ You’ve not shown an ounce of compassion for him at all. Most of your posts have been taken up with how such a thing could never happen to you because you’re a much better person.

I don’t disagree with you because you’re a Christian, I disagree with you for the things you say that are far from Christian.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2020 12:58 pm
@Linkat,
I am already part of a ministry. My current pastor streams his messages online every week. I support him.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2020 01:20 pm
@revelette1,
You and a handful of other people have commented about the New Testament and you all seem to infer that the Old Testament isn't important.

Christians have to accept the whole Word of God as Truth.

I asked my American Christian penpal about this and this is what he said:

" The Apostle Paul said, 'Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God (Acts 20:26-27, KJV).' At that point, the New Testament hadn't even been written yet, so all he had was the Old Testament. The analogy Paul used here implies that men would die in their sins if he didn't preach from the Old Testament.

The Lord Jesus Christ taught the Kingdom Parables in Matthew 13. 'Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old (Matthew 13:52, KJV).' This also was before the New Testament was written. However, the Lord Jesus Christ clearly taught that, in order to understand the Kingdom of Heaven, we must get our information from both the Old and New Testaments.

'Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law (Psalm 119:18, KJV).' Christians are not commanded to 'keep' the law. We can't do it, anyway, since there is no Temple. However, we can still learn from it.

'Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith (Galatians 3:24, KJV).' It is necessary to use the Law (specifically, the Ten Commandments) to prepare people to receive the Gospel. (Look up 'Hell's Best-Kept Secret,' by Ray Comfort.)

Above all, if we want to learn about Jesus Himself, we must study the Old Testament. 'And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me (Luke 24:44, KJV).' For example, did you know that Jesus was ugly? 'For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him (Isaiah 53:2, KJV).' Jesus did not 'look' like the way people assumed a prophet should 'look' like. After all, Jesus was a carpenter by trade. He had scratches, cuts, scars and callouses on his hands, from doing woodwork with no power tools. He was so ordinary-looking, the Pharisees couldn't even pick him out of a crowd (John 7:11, KJV). Judas had to point him out (Matthew 26:48, Mark 14:44, KJV). Jesus did not look like some blonde-haired hippie, as he is depicted on magazine covers every Easter!

Above all, the Lord Jesus Christ commanded, 'Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature (Mark 16:15, KJV).' The Gospel is the forgiveness of sins, by the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ (1st Corinthians 15:1-11, KJV). This is known as 'soul winning.' How do we do it? 'The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise (Proverbs 11:30, KJV).' That is, we must have Godly wisdom in order to lead people to Jesus. We get it from studying out the topic of wisdom in every book of the Bible, especially the 'Wisdom Books (Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes)'. If we fail to study those books, we cannot expect any good. 'Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: for that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord (Proverbs 1:28-29, KJV).' That, by the way, is the real reason why we see so much chaos, anger and anarchy in the U.S. Americans fill themselves with foolishness (TV, movies, best-selling novels, popular music, which promote sin), but refuse the wisdom of God. We must reject the world's wickedness, and study the entire Bible, to get that wisdom.

'And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever (Daniel 12:3, KJV).'

That's why we must study the entire Bible, all 66 books. Most importantly, it must be the King James Version, since that is the only English translation that is 100% complete and accurate. Every other English translation since then is wrong. "
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2020 01:21 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I realize I derailed my one thread with discussion about prayer and the Bible.

How many people here on Able2know are CHRISTIANS besides myself?

I'm not going to deny God in front of people.
Linkat

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2020 02:24 pm
@JGoldman10,
I suggested that you streamline another Christian church simply so you can hear other viewpoints. You may or may not agree but honestly a big way to learn is to hear and listen to another viewpoint or perspective you might see another interpretation of verses you never thought of.

If anything it may help you to be more understanding of others even if it does not change your opinion.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2020 02:29 pm
@Linkat,
Okay. I have to be careful about that.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2020 02:31 pm
I get it - George Floyd's death wasn't a "hate crime". The American media and the African American community are trying to make it look like it was.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2020 02:34 pm
@JGoldman10,
I don't believe anybody is going to deny you your right to acknowledge God.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2020 02:38 pm
@JGoldman10,
Do you have clothes with mixed fibres?
0 Replies

Palandre

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2020 11:47 pm
Wheren´t Floyd and that police officer not buddies?
Both worked at a club jut across the street where Floyd was ´killed´, I don´t think he was', it is all a psyop, to divide and conquer, and yep, it works...

Oh and then that ´one knee´ crap! Just a freemasonic ritual.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2020 12:56 am
I guess it won't be long before the illuminati and the Grassy Knoll will be brought up.
Palandre

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2020 02:43 am
@glitterbag,
well, am i wring then?
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2020 05:27 pm
Why can't I seem to find a video that clearly shows ALL the events to led up to Floyd's death anywhere online?

I want to know the truth of what really happened.

In the videos I've seen there are too many obstructions in the viewers' way, or there are gaps between events and cuts to shots of Floyd being pinned on the ground.

I want to know if he really resisted arrest or not.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 12:48 am
@Palandre,
In all likelihood you will be wring.
Palandre

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 07:47 am
@glitterbag,
I can be, but then tell me why.
0 Replies