Further Discussion About Covid-19 and the Covid-19 Crisis 2020

Rebelofnj

Fri 7 Aug, 2020 06:59 pm
@JGoldman10,
I do like the MLB using cardboard cutouts to act as the audience. That is just funny.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/AP20210696908563.jpg
JGoldman10

Fri 7 Aug, 2020 07:24 pm
@Sturgis,
I didn't get to finish editing my post. I wanted to delete it but my phone shut off on me. Mad
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 7 Aug, 2020 07:38 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Where was that?
Rebelofnj

Fri 7 Aug, 2020 08:12 pm
@JGoldman10,
Most US baseball games now have these cutouts behind the home plate. The teams also add recordings of crowd cheers.
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/how-are-mlb-teams-handling-empty-stadiums-the-good-bad-and-weird-from-baseballs-fan-less-experience/
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 7 Aug, 2020 11:11 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I think all the major sports organizations in the U.S. and around the world who are insisting on keeping sporting events open in the midst of a pandemic and crisis are out of their minds.

-FIXED.

When a large number of the members of the Miami Marlins team, both players and personnel, tested positive for Covid-19 the MLB organization decided to keep pro baseball season open anyway, even without the team:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/the-marlins-covid-19-outbreak-is-really-bad-and-exactly-what-mlb-signed-up-for-160751017.html

Marlins games have been postponed:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/marlins-season-paused-amid-covid-070248086.html

The pro baseball season has been shortened because of the Covid-19 pandemic and crisis, but how are they going to have a regular baseball season with an odd number of teams playing?

As I said, all the major sports organizations want to keep sporting events open this year in light of the pandemic and crisis:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/29011029/coronavirus-impacted-schedules%3fplatform=amp

It just goes to show people will do anything for money, no matter how crazy it is.

(Pro) sports are a luxury. The world does not need them right now.

I remember one year pro baseball season was cancelled because the players had some kind of labor dispute with the MLB organization and as a result the players went on strike. We survived.
izzythepush

Sat 8 Aug, 2020 03:43 am
@JGoldman10,
Now I can see why rebel complains about you asking the same thing over and over again.

The Kid is a member of A2K and my son. You have had long conversations with him and I mention him a lot.

I think you have a problem with your short term memory. You should see someone about it.
Rebelofnj

Sat 8 Aug, 2020 05:41 am
@JGoldman10,
Technically, entertainment is a luxury as well, but several film and show productions have begun to resume, with extra precautions in place.

"[Netflix's The Witcher showrunners] Hissrich and O’Gorman have likewise shared several pictures of what production has been like during the pandemic, including these ones of each of them donning masks and hard hats to check out the set. Some of them are also donning face shields in addition to their masks, as Hissrich showed in a recent photo. It’s just all masks, all the time."
https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-witcher-season-2-images-show-the-new-reality-of-mak-1844639128

Avatar 2, Jurassic World 3, Mission Impossible 7, and The Batman have all resumed production
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-53090349

Plus, it is predicted that there will be an animation boom due to pandemic, as production can be done remotely, with minimal physical contact.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-19/how-the-pandemic-is-fueling-a-boom-in-animated-tv-series-and-movies
https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/animation-production-remote-coronavirus-pandemic-1234616856/
JGoldman10

Sat 8 Aug, 2020 10:39 am
@izzythepush,
I didn't know you and Sub were related. Was Sub the one who was gay or was that JCBoy?

I don't remember every character who chats on this site. I left this site for a long time and returned after a long hiatus.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 8 Aug, 2020 10:56 am
@Rebelofnj,
Okay, but you got the point I was making. A lot of pro sporting events take place out in the open in stadiums and arenas. Not all of them are in covered stadiums and arenas or in some kind of indoor facilities.

It was smart of the MLB organization to use cardboard cutouts and other props to fill their ballparks with. They don't need to chance getting actual spectators sick. If spectators actually contracted Covid-19 while attending any games they would probably sue. I hope the other pro sports leagues follow suit.

I hope all the major sporting events being held this year will take place in covered arenas and stadiums or in some kind of indoor facilities.

Animation production is usually done indoors, so getting actual cartoons made wouldn't be a problem.

I'd imagine animators, writers, voice actors, etc. would have to keep their distance from each other.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 8 Aug, 2020 01:00 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Plus, it is predicted that there will be an animation boom due to pandemic, as production can be done remotely, with minimal physical contact.

There will probably a comics boom, if there isn't one already, with comics produced under similar circumstances.
Rebelofnj

Sat 8 Aug, 2020 01:35 pm
@JGoldman10,
Unlikely there to be a boom in comics, as the reason for the upcoming animation surge is because several live action projects are either on hold or cancelled, forcing studios to rely on their animation departments to fill in the gap.

Meanwhile, Marvel has canceled several of their comic series while DC has eliminated the print run of some of their low selling comics, making them digital only.
JGoldman10

Sat 8 Aug, 2020 03:40 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I forgot the comic book market has been impacted by the pandemic and crisis. Aren't DC and Marvel both making their comics digital? What about other comic book publishers?

When I said "comics boom" I wasn't referring only to comic books. I bet comic strip and web comic production will flourish.
JGoldman10

Sat 8 Aug, 2020 03:42 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Rebelofnj wrote:

There will probably be a comics boom, if there isn't one already, with comics produced under similar circumstances.

-FIXED.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Sat 8 Aug, 2020 03:45 pm
@JGoldman10,
I repeatedly told you about Comixology.com

That should answer your question.
JGoldman10

Sat 8 Aug, 2020 03:45 pm
@Rebelofnj,
In case you missed it:

When I said "comics boom" I wasn't referring only to comic books. I bet comic strip and web comic production will flourish.
Rebelofnj

Sat 8 Aug, 2020 03:49 pm
@JGoldman10,
Why exactly would web comics and comic strips flourish?
Sturgis

Sat 8 Aug, 2020 04:03 pm
@JGoldman10,
They may well be a bit touched mentally. That aside, sports keeps those watching occupied and entertained. Sometimes happy, sometimes not.
The players receive a salary. Each team has several employees aside from the players. They too receive a salary. All of this spreads out into the world and the economy is stimulated. Helped.

Additionally, there are stores that sell merchandise related to the various teams and players. Employees receive salaries.

Other stores and entrepreneurs, are near stadiums and arenas and rely heavily on those coming to see a game. More money, more salaries.

If sports cease existing, billions of dollars cease entering into the economy. Economic collapse might take place.

It is similar to oceanside and beach resorts. If the summer is cold, rainy and gloomy, the assorted businesses fail.

JGoldman10

Sat 8 Aug, 2020 09:22 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Why wouldn't they? You told me newspaper comics haven't really been affected by the Covid-19 pandemic and crisis. A lot of people are still producing web comics and making money off of them.
JGoldman10

Sat 8 Aug, 2020 09:23 pm
@Sturgis,
How are MLB players getting paid if fans aren't attending their games?
Rebelofnj

Sun 9 Aug, 2020 03:41 am
@JGoldman10,
There is an animation boom because there is a drop in live action productions, forcing studios to produce animated projects to fill their schedule. An example of supply and demand.

There is no increased demand for comic strips and webcomics, which is necessary to justify the production of more comic strips and webcomics. There is also no strip or webcomic that has become more popular because of the pandemic.
0 Replies