Further Discussion About Covid-19 and the Covid-19 Crisis 2020

JGoldman10

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 01:29 am
I think I did find out an adult daycare center that my brother could go to but this is after the fact that he moved and is in my sister's custody right now.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 12:00 am
Some links of interest I want to share:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/03/200317175442.htm

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/heres-exactly-where-were-at-with-vaccines-and-treatments-for-covid-19
https://covid-19tracker.milkeninstitute.org/
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-covid19-accelerated-vaccines-treatments-drugs/amp
https://www.statnews.com/feature/coronavirus/drugs-vaccines-tracker/
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Wed 8 Jul, 2020 11:12 pm
Just found this:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/epa-approves-2-lysol-cleaning-sprays-that-kill-the-coronavirus-in-2-minutes-161224269.html
JGoldman10

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 02:54 am
@JGoldman10,

Wow. People on this site amaze me. No one is going to comment on this? I posted a link to an article with info on it that's groundbreaking.

If all it takes is two types of aerosol sprays to kill Covid-19 then governments, the world's chief scientists and medical experts should be working together to design aerosol bombs.
Region Philbis

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 02:59 am
@JGoldman10,

(most of us are still asleep... be patient)
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 03:28 am
@JGoldman10,
You posted that link in the middle of the night. Most people are sleeping at this point.

Besides, widely available handsoap can kill the virus as well (provided the hands are washed properly for 20+ seconds).
https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2020/3/11/21173187/coronavirus-covid-19-hand-washing-sanitizer-compared-soap-is-dope

You may be overstating the importance of new sprays.

The EPA also has a list of several hundred disinfectants to use against COVID-19.
https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/list-n-disinfectants-use-against-sars-cov-2-covid-19

"While there are more than 420 products on the list of disinfectants that the EPA says are strong enough to ward off "harder-to-kill" viruses than the novel coronavirus, the two Lysol products are the first to have been tested directly against the virus and proved effective."
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 03:50 am
@JGoldman10,
It’s hardly news, we’ve been using hand sanitiser to kill the virus from the beginning.

We don’t get Lysol over here, but we don’t need it, lots of effective antiseptics already.

Lysol sounds like a treatment for head lice.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 03:54 am
Why are scientists and medical experts spending time developing vaccines and cures if all it takes is areosol spray to destroy the virus?

Maybe I'm missing something.
Rebelofnj

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 04:14 am
@JGoldman10,
On the EPA website I linked to, there is a bold red warning that reads:
These products are for use on surfaces, NOT humans.

People cannot ingest cleaning products and expect to get better. They would get very sick if they attempt to drink bleach or other cleaning products.

Quote:

Basic understanding of science, apparently.
izzythepush

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 04:18 am
@JGoldman10,
Fire kills the virus, why don’t we just burn the infected?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 04:21 am
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Quote:

Basic understanding of science, apparently.

There’s a pattern here. Trump says something stupid, his aides spend the next three weeks claiming he was only joking or being ironic because he can’t be that stupid.

Three weeks after that Mr Goldman repeats same stupid nonsense like it’s a revelation.

I now believe in miracles. It’s a miracle that Mr Goldman is still alive.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 05:45 am
My workplace has reopened, and several changes has occurred in response to the pandemic.

*Workstations are 6 ft apart
*Floor plan of the ground floor is modified to enforce social distancing
*Sanitizers are placed at every entrance
*Employees are given a bottle of disinfectant to clean their workstations.
*Elevators are limited to 4 people at a time.
*Mandatory face masks
*Body temperature is taken with laser gauge at start of each shift.
*Minimal physical contact whenever possible
*Cleaning team now uses more thorough cleaning techniques and hospital grade soap.
*Daily email notifications regarding any new policies from corporate or from the state.
Region Philbis

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 05:49 am
@Rebelofnj,

4 in an elevator seems like 2 too many... how large are the elevators?
Rebelofnj

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 06:16 am
@Region Philbis,
Fairly large enough, but I agree. The limit should be lower. I always worry about the elevator getting stuck, which happens at least once a year.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 10:37 am
@Rebelofnj,
I took a cursory glance at the article I posted a link to. It was late. Pardon me for not thoroughly reading it. Ingesting cleaning products is idiocy.
izzythepush

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 11:05 am
@JGoldman10,
Good.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Fri 10 Jul, 2020 02:23 pm
In oddly related news, there is a coin shortage in the US due to businesses closing during the lockdown affecting the coin flow in the economy, and the US Mint minimizing its staff to protect their health.

https://www.newsweek.com/why-national-coin-shortage-us-mint-federal-reserve-1516615

I have seen stores in my area asking customers to either pay by card or pay in exact change. The self checkout registers at the local Walmart have stopped accepting cash in response to the shortage.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 10 Jul, 2020 11:07 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I took a cursory glance at the article I posted a link to. It was late. Pardon me for not thoroughly reading it. Ingesting cleaning products is idiocy.

"Don't ingest cleaning chemicals" is a grade school-level science life lesson. That's right up there with "don't stick metal utensils in electrical sockets" or "don't put metal in a microwave".
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 10 Jul, 2020 11:22 pm
Are banks open to the public? I would told I should set up a new banking account.

I couldn't get my big Treasury check cashed. I tried getting it cashed at my local post office twice. The first time they didn't cash it because they were about a $100 short. The second time I went back to cash it and they still didn't have enough to cash it.

Sometimes my local post office can cash Treasury checks if they have enough money- it depends on what day you go over there.

I couldn't get the check cashed at my local checkcashing place. They have a policy - they can only cash Treasury checks within 10 days from the date issued on them. I waited too long to get them to cash it for me. It was over 10 days. Also, I already signed it and the past office office wrote on it. The lady at the checkcashing place asked when I signed the check. I told her a few days ago and that I was trying to get it cashed at the post office.

She said I need to deposit the check in a checking account at a bank.

I could set up a new banking account at a local bank branch in my hometown but I think it would just be easier to deposit the check into a PayPal account. I sent away for a PayPal cash MasterCard, which is a PayPal debit card. When the card comes I can take a pic of the check so it can register into my PayPal app and the amount on the check can be transferred to my new Paypal debit card.

I was told I can have both the PayPal Cash MasterCard and the PayPal advanced MasterCard. I'd rather just use the debit card.

My mother is concerned about Chex Systems anyway. I was told by my pastor to set up a new banking account but I already had a number of old banking accounts that were reported to Chex Systems.

Is Chex Systems something to be concerned about if I want to set up a new banking account?

Since I can't get my stimulus check cashed at either the post office or at the check cashing place (it has both my name and my mother's on it and I need her ID and signature for them to cash it), I have to contact the IRS or the Treasury about reissuing and sending me a new stimulus check with just my name on it. I have a relative who wants to help me do that.
Rebelofnj

Sat 11 Jul, 2020 08:56 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:
Are banks open to the public? I would told I should set up a new banking account.

It all varies from state to state, and there may be some restrictions in place.

For example, In New Jersey and New York, banks were never closed as they were deemed essential, but they only allowed drive-thrus and ATM transactions. To open an account, it may have to be done over the phone or online.

I'm not sure what the procedures need to be taken regarding any issues with Chex Systems.