Further Discussion About Covid-19 and the Covid-19 Crisis 2020

Region Philbis

Thu 25 Jun, 2020 12:00 pm
@bobsal u1553115,

it ain't coming out of his pocket, that's for sure...
izzythepush

Thu 25 Jun, 2020 12:04 pm
@Region Philbis,
US$1.4 billion has been sent to dead people.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 25 Jun, 2020 12:05 pm
@Region Philbis,
No. They'll take it out the SS fund, write a thirty year T-Note, sell it to the Chinese and let our grandchildren pay for it.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 25 Jun, 2020 12:11 pm
@izzythepush,
But that $1.4 billion debt lives on. We've become so corrupt that average citizens think its OK to commit daily frauds on the government and each other - "hey why not? The rich and everybody else does it!"

We've moved from individual morality and ethics to group immorality and indifference.

It was not so long ago the average American was a pretty darn decent person. In some ways I think professional sports and winning at any cost but winning helped bring about the change.
JGoldman10

Thu 25 Jun, 2020 12:44 pm
@Region Philbis,
Hello Region. Did you look at the link I posted?

I said the U.S. government might be issuing second checks to people.
Region Philbis

Thu 25 Jun, 2020 01:12 pm
@JGoldman10,

yup.

it says there's a july deadline... they are running out of time...
Sturgis

Thu 25 Jun, 2020 01:18 pm
@Region Philbis,
It's scheduled to coincide with the ending of the $600.00 weekly addition on unemployment benefits.

(and if things go bad, ((as is being worriedly whispered about)) with the resurgence of hospitalizations and deaths, more shutdowning and more people out of work)
0 Replies

Sturgis

Thu 25 Jun, 2020 01:22 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
It was not so long ago the average American was a pretty darn decent person.

I have to believe most still are. The media has an irritating tendency to focus heavily on the bad guys, ignoring the good stuff.
RABEL222

Thu 25 Jun, 2020 01:44 pm
@Sturgis,
True. But having a crook for president and a bunch of crooked sincopats isent a very good model for the people.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 25 Jun, 2020 08:36 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

The Covid-19 crisis and pandemic is still going on apparently. I received a recent email with the subject line:

"Cases spike! Quarantine return imminent"

I just saw this:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-cases-united-states-record-highs-arizona-florida-texas-155529008.html
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 12:08 am
Why do people refer to Covid-19 masks as "Covid-19 face masks"?

Why "face masks"? That's a redundancy.

It's like they are implying that there are masks made for other parts of the human body.
cherrie

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 12:42 am
@JGoldman10,
There are masks that only cover the eyes. They would be fairly useless at the moment.
JGoldman10

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 01:37 am
@cherrie,
Oh right. Forgot about that. Lol.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 03:27 pm
Quote:
Here’s The Good COVID-19 News That’s Being Buried By The Press

Quote:
Once again, the U.S. is undergoing a media-driven COVID-19 scare after a “spike” in infections. But as we noted earlier this week, the number of cases depends on the amount of testing. The key gauge to watch is deaths. They’ve been falling since April, and there’s strong reason to believe they’re lower than the official count suggests.

The dreaded Wuhan virus is no doubt a nasty bug, worthy of our vigilance and ongoing concern. That said, its virulence, as measured by the daily number of deaths, appears to be waning, as the chart with this piece, courtesy of the COVID-19 Tracking Project of the Atlantic, clearly shows.

The average number of daily COVID-19 deaths on a weekly basis has fallen from a peak of just over 2,000 to 700 or so. That’s a roughly 65% decline. And it’s no fluke. The figure has been dropping steadily since April.

Hold on. That last number for June 23 on the chart shows a huge jump. Should we be worried? Is this the much-dreaded surge some have been talking up?

Apparently not. A big part of that one-time gain came from a revision by one state: Delaware.

and.
Quote:
“For 7% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.5 additional conditions or causes per death.”

So in only one in 14 deaths out of the current total of 125,000 can COVID-19 be said to be the actual cause.

Wise up, we have been had. Now Covid 19 is being used to steal an election, Do not fall for the bullshit.
https://issuesinsights.com/2020/06/25/falling-covid-19-death-rates-are-even-smaller-than-they-look/
JGoldman10

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 06:01 pm
@coldjoint,
It must have been very interesting participating in any elections this year in the midst of a pandemic. I've gotten notices in the mail about voting early but I haven't gone and voted yet. That's not a priority right now.
Sturgis

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 11:25 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I haven't gone and voted yet.

Too late now. The Primary elections were this past Tuesday. (at least for the State you recently have said that you live in) Hopefully you take care of voting in the General Election in November. (or secure an absentee ballot and mail it in, if you cannot go in person)

Quote:
That's not a priority right now.

Then keep your yap shut if you end up not voting at all and have some hedonistic non-believer character becoming your local representative.
JGoldman10

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 11:35 pm
@Sturgis,
I intend to vote in November.
Sturgis

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 11:36 pm
@JGoldman10,
Good.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 12:35 am
I'm still a little annoyed about the pandemic. I have literally tried for years to focus on getting an animation and/or comics career going. My mother and brother are away so they aren't here creating any distractions. My charming brother isn't around creating a toxic hostile environment for my mother and me and he isn't around aggravating me and my mother and trying to tear our house up. Thank God.

But because my mother is stuck in rehab, a whole bunch of new responsibilities have been given to me and I'm forced to deal with certain things I really don't want to deal with but have to out of necessity.

I have a whole bunch of personal business matters I need to deal with, some of which I still need my mother's help with. It has been somewhat of a challenge getting my mother to help me. The past couple of weeks I couldn't get her to help me because there were issues with the office phone the people at the rehab center she's in give her to use. Also the phone was in use by other people and aids told me to call my mother back, and other times my mother didn't to talk because she wasn't feeling well. She has a cell phone but she doesn't know how to use it; she has to get someone to help her with it. The rehab center is still closed to the public and nothing is supposed to go in and out of the center.

I'm happy S.S.A. is letting me be my own Payee; I got my own Direct Express card in the mail. I need to figure out what I'm going to do do to cover my personal expenses. What I'm getting from S.S is not enough and my mother said the workers at the rehab center said I can't use her S.S. benefit payments like I was doing before. I still need to know if I am going to get a Treasury check like that big Treasury check I got on a monthly basis or not and it the amount of the check includes the amount I was getting from my S.S. benefit payments. I still need to figure out what to do so I can use my mother's Stimulus check.

I would like to be working right now but I can't deal with employment until my mother and I are squared away with Social Security.

Honestly I don't know if I'm going to get to focus on getting what I need to launch my animation and/or comics career this year - materials, tools, resources, the training I want and need, etc. My old art school is offering new Continuing Ed courses the upcoming semester which they plan to have open to the public, but I don't know if I'm going to have the time and money for that this year.

I'd like to get training to learn how to voice act professionally and training to learn how to produce comics professionally. If I can't take the Continuing Ed courses for this stuff in person there's other venues I can pursue.

The head of my local employment center told me I can learn how to use Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator and Quarkxpress theough the Metrix Learning System at the employment center online.

Focusing on getting what I need to get a career going is not a priority right now.

My Spectrum bill still needs to be paid off before I can get internet service reinstated on my laptop.

The Covid-19 crisis and pandemic has put a huge damper on things.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 01:28 am
I'm not beating myself up. I have literally spent years trying to focus on getting an animation and/or comics career going. It was difficult to do that dealing with my mother and brother. Especially my brother. There were too many challenges and too many distractions dealing with them. There was too much disfunction, confusion and clutter around me.

It's a shame it took having my mother having to be put in rehab and having my sister arrange to pick my brother up to be in her custody in order for me to be free.

I asked my mother why she didn't arrange to have my brother sent away years ago. She said no one wanted to be bothered with him. He was kicked out the work program he was in, for reasons Im not go to disclose here. I tried to help my mother get him situated at another program, since the one he was in would not take him back. They didn't have any new openings anyway, according to my mother. It's for the reasons I don't want to disclose, in addition to personal health reasons, he didn't join another similar work program. My mother didn't really want to look into it. We couldn't find an adult daycare center that he could join. He was too old for the ones that deal with people with "special needs" and he's too young for the other ones- the ones that deal with seniors. We couldn't find any other type of daycare center, especially ones that deal with people like him. We were stuck with him.

I like having my freedom but at the same time I miss being around other people, as weird as that sounds.

I sometimes forget my mother is away in rehab at a rehab center not too far from where I live.

Do I sound like a selfish person?
0 Replies