Further Discussion About Covid-19 and the Covid-19 Crisis 2020

oralloy

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 01:35 pm
@glitterbag,
Not planing to abolish gun rights does not change the fact that Joe Biden plans to violate the gun rights of people who don't cash their own Social Security checks.
Rebelofnj

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 01:55 pm
@oralloy,
Since you keep bringing this up without any prompt, I looked it up.

What's True
A 2016 Social Security Administration rule would add Social Security disability recipients, who have been deemed unable to manage their own affairs, to the federal background check system for gun purchases.

What's False
All Social Security recipients are not being barred from owning or purchasing guns, and persons affected by the new rule can appeal their inclusion in the background check database.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/social-security-recipients-barred-from-owning-guns/

glitterbag

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 02:36 pm
@oralloy,
It is not a fact.....it's a bald faced lie.....only in the dark, dank, moldy recesses of the obsessive compulsive psyche of gun worshipers who see themselves as freedom fighters barricaded in their attics saving America from Americans is this nonsense considered a 'fact'.

Some people own guns for hunting, some because they handle large amounts of cash or jewels, some for home protection and some because their jobs require it......................but then there are the desperately frightened folks who day-dream of being the next Rambo or Dirty Harry or Charles Bronson....

But congrats to Oral for once again taking someone's thread about COVID down the rabbit hole because all Oral wants to talk about is guns, BLM and foster racist fairy tale nonsense.
oralloy

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 03:07 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:
Since you keep bringing this up without any prompt, I looked it up.

I actually only brought it up once. Since then I've mostly been replying to progressives who don't like that I tell the truth.

What you quoted from Snopes is pretty accurate from what I can see. If he is elected, Joe Biden is going to be bad news for people who don't cash their own Social Security checks.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 03:08 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
It is not a fact.....it's a bald faced lie.....only in the dark, dank, moldy recesses of the obsessive compulsive psyche of gun worshipers who see themselves as freedom fighters barricaded in their attics saving America from Americans is this nonsense considered a 'fact'.

Wrong again. It is a fact that Joe Biden means to violate the gun rights of people who do not cash their own Social Security checks.

glitterbag wrote:
But congrats to Oral for once again taking someone's thread about COVID down the rabbit hole because all Oral wants to talk about is guns,

JGoldman might be interested in knowing what Joe Biden is planning on doing to him if he is elected.

A vote for Mr. Trump is a vote to let JGoldman remain a full citizen of this nation.
edgarblythe

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 04:06 pm
Somebody advocating shooting the virus now? On everybody? Or just POC.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 04:36 pm
I found out from a local police officer my town's mayor lifted the public curfew he imposed on everyone in my town. I'm glad. That was a real pain in the butt.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 04:38 pm
@glitterbag,
Is Oral referring to the George Floyd murder case?

Floyd was killed because he didn't comply with cops. That had nothing to do with race.

The cops could kill anyone who tries to fight them.
JGoldman10

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 04:50 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Floyd was killed because he didn't comply with cops. That had nothing to do with race.

The cops could kill anyone who tries to fight them.

This is why it's important for Christians to be prayed up before they go out in public. I don't give any American police officers a reason to bother me. I'm not a troublemaker. I've never had any real serious problem dealing with any cops.

Not all cops are maniacs.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 04:53 pm
Were the cops who subdued Floyd wrong for letting Floyd sufficate? Yes. Yes they were. Floyd told them repeatedly he couldn't breathe. They all ignored him.
oralloy

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 04:59 pm
@JGoldman10,
I agree.

But I don't blame the new recruits who argued that they should address Floyd's distress.

I blame the experienced veteran who insisted on ignoring Floyd's distress.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 05:00 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

No.

I'm referring to how Joe Biden means to harm you personally by turning you into a second class citizen if he is elected.

Donald Trump will ensure that you remain a full citizen of this country.
JGoldman10

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 05:03 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

JGoldman might be interested in knowing what Joe Biden is planning on doing to him if he is elected.

A vote for Mr. Trump is a vote to let JGoldman remain a full citizen of this nation.

Are you making this a racial thing or an ethnic thing? What are you talking about?

I'm an American. African Americans are legal U.S. citizens. We are descendants of Sub-Saharan African slaves but slavery was abolished centuries ago. I was born and raised in the U.S. I was never a slave and neither was my African American mother and her immediate family.

African Americans, like other Americans, are free to do what they want. My African American mom was free to marry my White Jewish dad and have me and my brother.

America is my home. I have no intention of ever moving to Africa. Or Europe or Asia or any other part of the world outside of the U.S.

You sound like you are playing race cards.
JGoldman10

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 05:07 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

JGoldman10 wrote:

No.

I'm referring to how Joe Biden means to harm you personally by turning you into a second class citizen if he is elected.

Donald Trump will ensure that you remain a full citizen of this country.

What do you mean by "second class citizen"? Are you referring to African Americans or all minorities in America? All people of color in the U.S.?

So the rumors about Biden being racist are true?

Is he against Jewish people too?
Rebelofnj

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 05:10 pm
@JGoldman10,
Orally (presumably) isn't making a racial statement.

They are suggesting that if you were to vote for Joe Biden, you may lose constitutional rights relating to gun ownership.

I disagree with that statement, but this is the wrong thread for that.
JGoldman10

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 05:12 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I don't care about owning guns. What does this have to do with anything?

I'm not a hillbilly or redneck or some kind of thug. I don't support the NRA.
Rebelofnj

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 05:26 pm
@JGoldman10,
I'm not sure why Oralloy brought up gun rights.

Apparently, they thought that your concerns regarding social security also meant you were concerned with gun rights.

Yes, it is a strange jump in logic.
oralloy

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 06:28 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:
Are you making this a racial thing or an ethnic thing?

No.

JGoldman10 wrote:
What are you talking about?

I'm talking about people who don't cash their own Social Security checks.

Joe Biden plans to make them second class citizens.

Donald Trump plans to ensure that they remain full citizens.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 06:29 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:
What do you mean by "second class citizen"?

Someone who is denied all of the rights of citizenship.

JGoldman10 wrote:
Are you referring to African Americans or all minorities in America? All people of color in the U.S.?

None of the above.

I am talking about all people who do not cash their own Social Security checks.

JGoldman10 wrote:
So the rumors about Biden being racist are true?

I've not heard such rumors. I wouldn't think they were true from what I know of Mr. Biden.

JGoldman10 wrote:
Is he against Jewish people too?

It is likely that he is against the ones who chose to live in their ancient homeland.

Otherwise probably not.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 06:31 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:
I don't care about owning guns. What does this have to do with anything?

Full US citizens have the right to have guns.

Denying you this right will mean that you are not a full US citizen.

JGoldman10 wrote:
I'm not a hillbilly or redneck or some kind of thug.

That's not a very nice thing to say.

JGoldman10 wrote:
I don't support the NRA.

The NRA supports you.
0 Replies