Further Discussion About Covid-19 and the Covid-19 Crisis 2020

oralloy

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 06:32 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:
I'm not sure why Oralloy brought up gun rights.

I thought JGoldman might care that Joe Biden plans to make him a second class citizen.

Rebelofnj wrote:
Apparently, they thought that your concerns regarding social security also meant you were concerned with gun rights.

No. The fact that he doesn't cash his own Social Security checks means that Joe Biden means to violate his gun rights.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 06:37 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:
I disagree with that statement,

You posted a quote from Snopes confirming that what I say is true.
Rebelofnj

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 06:44 pm
@oralloy,
I mean that I disagree the idea that I will become a second class citizen if I somehow lose my right to bear arms. I'm not even a gun owner, nor do I desire to own a firearm.

I'm more worried about losing rights due to discrimination against some part of my life (race, gender, sexual orientation, age, etc). That would make me feel like a second class citizen.
oralloy

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 06:55 pm
@Rebelofnj,
The right to have guns has been a fundamental right of a free man for some 2600 years now, and a fundamental right of a United States citizen since the beginning of our republic.

Discrimination is wrong too of course. But that doesn't change that Joe Biden is a direct threat to some people's gun rights.
Rebelofnj

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 07:08 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
for some 2600 years now

You mean some 240 years, right?

Unless I missed something about Ancient Greece having guns.
oralloy

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 07:22 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Arms don't have to be guns. Actually I meant the Germanic Pre-Roman Iron Age, which started in 600 BC:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jastorf_culture

The Angles, Saxons, and Jutes brought their system of civil liberties and militia duties with them when they conquered Post-Roman Britain.

The British brought that system of civil liberties and militia duties with them when they set up colonies in North America.

And then we kept it when we broke away and became independent.

Note:

Ceorl, also spelled Churl, the free peasant who formed the basis of society in Anglo-Saxon England. His free status was marked by his right to bear arms, his attendance at local courts, and his payment of dues directly to the king. His wergild, the sum that his family could accept in place of vengeance if he were killed, was valued at 200 shillings.

http://www.britannica.com/topic/ceorl

"Fyrd, tribal militia-like arrangement existing in Anglo-Saxon England from approximately AD 605. Local in character, it imposed military service upon every able-bodied free male. It was probably the duty of the ealderman, or sheriff, to call out and lead the fyrd. Fines imposed for neglecting the fyrd varied with the status of the individual, landholders receiving the heaviest fines and common labourers the lightest."

http://www.britannica.com/topic/fyrd
JGoldman10

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 09:11 pm
@oralloy,
That's true. Even if it were possible to get rid of all guns in a particular country, people could still find something to make weapons out of.

Are you aware there are more gun shops in the U.S. than there are McDonald's restaurants and Starbucks coffee shops in the U.S. combined?

I've heard this on the radio.

What does gun control or anything pertaining to guns have to do with a thread I started on Covid-19?

JGoldman10

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 09:44 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Thank you. That's what I was talking about. I thought Oralloy was making "becoming a second-class citizen" a racial or ethnic thing.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 09:57 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:
What does gun control or anything pertaining to guns have to do with a thread I started on Covid-19?

This is the thread where you mentioned that you don't cash your own Social Security checks.

Not cashing your own Social Security checks means that Joe Biden means to violate your rights if he is elected.
JGoldman10

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 10:11 pm
@oralloy,
Getting a stimulus check is related to what this thread is about. President Trump issued stimulus checks to Americans because of the Covid-19 crisis.

If there was no pandemic going on we probably wouldn't be getting stimulus checks.

I was depositing S.S. checks into my mother's Direct Express checking account and using my mother's Direct Express debit card to pay for my personal expenses, which included rent, since she's been in rehab, but because she was away from the rehab center she was in for about a month at a local hospital she was unable to fill out the paperwork she was supposed to fill out to Social Security so that she and I could continue to get our S.S. benefit payments. Not that this is any of your business.

S.S.A. was concerned about my mother continuing to be my Payee, and that's why they advised me to register to become my own, which I did.

S.S.A. couldn't send her the forms she needed to fill out so that she and I could continue to get our S.S. benefit payments and the rehab center she's in is closed to the public, and nothing is supposed to go on and/or out of the center.

This is all because of the Covid-19 crisis.
glitterbag

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 10:38 pm
@JGoldman10,
Thank you Goldman, I hope both you and your Mom can get back to normal very soon.
JGoldman10

Tue 16 Jun, 2020 10:57 pm
@glitterbag,
Thank you.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 17 Jun, 2020 08:22 am
Izzythepush is lying about me. He lies about other people because he is too stupid to argue using facts or logic.
Rebelofnj

Wed 17 Jun, 2020 08:55 am
@oralloy,
I already have an opinion of you purely based on what you have written and on our interactions. No need for others to tell me about you.

On that note, it is likely we will not get along in the future due to ideological differences.
oralloy

Wed 17 Jun, 2020 09:38 am
@Rebelofnj,
I can get along with people who I disagree with.

I will tell them how and why I think they are wrong of course. But I can still get along with them.

If you as well can get along with people you disagree with, we should be able to get along just fine.

If you are willing to say how and why you think I am wrong, we may end up having interesting conversations.
coldjoint

Wed 17 Jun, 2020 10:22 am
Quote:
He’s a white supremacist who constantly denigrates black victims of white racism, calling them thugs, criminals and axe murderers.

That is a lie. But you could tell him to his face, (so to speak) but you never do. That makes your post gossip.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 17 Jun, 2020 11:29 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Is Oral referring to the George Floyd murder case?

Floyd was killed because he didn't comply with cops. That had nothing to do with race.

The cops could kill anyone who tries to fight them.

Cops COULD kill anyone for any reason they want.

They shouldn't though.

And a court should decide if a particular cop shot someone who should not have been shot.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Wed 17 Jun, 2020 01:37 pm
@oralloy,
Just going through your recent politcal comments (and ignoring everyone's responses to you ) shows that I will have a very difficult time trying to argue with you. You keep repeating certain facts wrong, speak in a hyperbolic manner, and have a binary way of thinking (Everyone from Side A is wrong, everyone from Side B is right).

It would be just better for my personal well being to avoid any political debates with you. I don't have enough free time to fact check everything you are saying.
oralloy

Wed 17 Jun, 2020 01:45 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:
You keep repeating certain facts wrong,

That is highly unlikely. What facts am I supposedly wrong about?
Rebelofnj

Wed 17 Jun, 2020 01:59 pm
@oralloy,
Well, you keep saying that Trump is willing to protect people's civil liberties, when just last week his administration eliminated "an Obama-era regulation prohibiting discrimination in health care against patients who are transgender."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/12/politics/trump-administration-transgender-health-care-protections/index.html

Then there is today's news that former Trump adviser John Bolton (who you speak highly of) said Trump had asked the Chinese government to help him win the 2020 election.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-asked-chinas-xi-to-help-him-win-reelection-according-to-bolton-book/2020/06/17/d4ea601c-ad7a-11ea-868b-93d63cd833b2_story.html