Further Discussion About Covid-19 and the Covid-19 Crisis 2020

RABEL222

Fri 22 May, 2020 01:36 pm
@coldjoint,
600 doctors out of 950,000 doctors. That is really impressive. I guess that's why you presented numbers rather than presentages. .0006315578% doesn't look as good as 600.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 22 May, 2020 01:49 pm
@coldjoint,
Is that what explains your self loathing? In your case its justified. Up the voltage.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 22 May, 2020 01:51 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
600 doctors out of 950,000 doctors.

Now do the percentage of Covid 19 deaths for people out the the vulnerable groups. It is probably lower.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 22 May, 2020 02:07 pm
@livinglava,
For someone who claims not to know anything about Lyndon LaRouche, you sound just like one of his books.

Accusing union of small "c" corporateism doesn't mean much. All groups of anyone with common values can be accused of that: the Lutheran Church, militias, anti-vaxers, the Green Bay Packers, Libertarians, the Hari Krishnas, any little league tem, school boards, the GOP and on and on and on. Now Corporations, can be a different matter.

I never felt oppressed by any union except the Teamsters and it wasn't the union it was the organized crime elements that subverted the union.

I have felt exploited by employers and political parties.

I'm not responding to the rest of your stuff because:

1. you've never been in a union or watched your grandfather die daily coughing up bits of his lungs just trying to make a living and if it weren't for the UMW, the corporate entity that made up my grand parents would have been put on public welfare by the US Steel Corporation who didn't give a **** about wages or condition or about the humans they ground into the dust.

2. I've read about Lyndon LaRouche, attended LaRouche meetings and know/known a lot of LaRouchies already. You all are conspiracy nuts and double talking nutbags. Been there, done that and threw away the t-shirt on my way home.

You really need to get out of your bubble, I think your brain needs some fresh air.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 22 May, 2020 02:08 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
probably

You sure have a low thresh hold for a "fact".
0 Replies

livinglava

Fri 22 May, 2020 02:10 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Because the Jewish people are self-loathing?

Some of them are. Some white people hate being white. Know anyone like that? I do.

You should distinguish between 'self-loathing' and 'collective self-loathing.' The collective self isn't the real self, it's a collective identity. So when people loath their 'collective-selves' they are just loathing a collective image that they happen to identify with.

E.g. what if you identify with the ancient Babylonians and you self-loathe because you feel that the tower of Babel caused all the problems with language differences and the miscommunication and ethnic conflict that go with that? It might be true that your ancestors played some role in whatever happened at that time to cause ethno-lingual differentiation (assuming there is validity in that Bible story), but even so it is different than you self-loathing because you are, for example, and alcoholic or ugly or whatever it is about your personal self-image that you don't like.
coldjoint

Fri 22 May, 2020 02:15 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
The collective self isn't the real self, it's a collective identity. So when people loath their 'collective-selves' they are just loathing a collective image that they happen to identify with.

Have it your way. Propagandists have spread enough lies to confuse a lot of people and caused all kinds of manufactured guilt. Jews are no exception.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Fri 22 May, 2020 02:16 pm
@coldjoint,
Percentages don't mean shyt. 98000 deaths for covid-19 as opposed to 9000 flue deaths does. You lie and twist facts like crazy which describes your mentality.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 22 May, 2020 02:17 pm
@livinglava,
<absolutely gobsmacked> What a cunning stunt.

0 Replies

RABEL222

Fri 22 May, 2020 02:19 pm
@coldjoint,
Percentages don't mean shyt. 98000 deaths for covid-19 as opposed to 9000 flue deaths does. You lie and twist facts like crazy which describes your mentality. ml

I don't know how I double posted this?
livinglava

Fri 22 May, 2020 02:22 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

For someone who claims not to know anything about Lyndon LaRouche, you sound just like one of his books.

Why don't you post a thread about him since you like mentioning him so much? I don't really feel like researching him on my own, but I might participate in such a thread.

Quote:
Accusing union of small "c" corporateism doesn't mean much. All groups of anyone with common values can be accused of that: the Lutheran Church, militias, anti-vaxers, the Green Bay Packers, Libertarians, the Hari Krishnas, any little league tem, school boards, the GOP and on and on and on. Now Corporations, can be a different matter.

I think you're just jumping to a level of political bias that ignores the point of what I'm saying, which is valid. Basically what you're implying is that Hare Krishnas are a relatively powerless corporation and thus not bad like the big bad 'Corporations' you capitalize to demonize. Whenever you demonize anything relative to other similar things, you're ignoring the underlying similarities. E.g. if one Corporation points out they are more like Hare Krishnas or unions, etc. than some other Corporation, that is more indifferent to what human beings go through, that may be true or not, but you should be analyzing it at the level of details and not just assuming that all unions are good for all people, the environment, and/or future generations; because they might not be.

What's more, you shouldn't default to assuming that they're good unless they're bad, because that right there biases you against objectively analyzing them as organizations, the same as any other organization; consisting of humans, rules, interests, etc. etc.

Quote:
I never felt oppressed by any union except the Teamsters and it wasn't the union it was the organized crime elements that subverted the union.

Wherever there is organized power there is opportunity for evil, whether it's organized crime or something else, to manipulate the system(s). You can't assume that organized crime was involved with the Teamsters but not in other organizations in various ways. It just depends on what the underlying interests are an how they influence people in various organizations.

Quote:
I have felt exploited by employers and political parties.

So have I. I feel I was exploited by buying into left-social ideologies that upon closer analysis did not really pursue the goals they were supposed to; and when I found that some Republican ideas were better suited to solving the social-problems, I found out people were biased against them just because they were associated with the demonized Republican party.

Quote:
1. you've never been in a union or watched your grandfather die daily coughing up bits of his lungs just trying to make a living and if it weren't for the UMW, the corporate entity that made up my grand parents would have been put on public welfare by the US Steel Corporation who didn't give a **** about wages or condition or about the humans they ground into the dust.

I have known people that benefited from unions and people who have been hurt by them or ignored by them.

Quote:
2. I've read about Lyndon LaRouche, attended LaRouche meetings and know/known a lot of LaRouchies already. You all are conspiracy nuts and double talking nutbags. Been there, done that and threw away the t-shirt on my way home.

Like I said, why don't you post a thread about it so we can learn more?
RABEL222

Fri 22 May, 2020 02:30 pm
@livinglava,
I have a better idea. Why don't you investigate unions as opposed to big businesses yourself. You might learn something scout corporate police and illegal actions covered up by politicians who were bought with corporate money just as they are today. Our government has regressed to the 1880's.1
bobsal u1553115

Fri 22 May, 2020 02:34 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
Why don't you post a thread about him since you like mentioning him so much?

I don't need to. You do a marvelous job of channeling him yourself. Get out of the bubble.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 22 May, 2020 02:34 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Percentages don't mean shyt.

Then why did you use one to discredit those 600 doctors? Consistency is your friend.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 22 May, 2020 02:35 pm
@RABEL222,
It needed to be said twice!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Sat 23 May, 2020 07:34 am

https://i.imgur.com/tNNmM3Y.jpg
livinglava

Sat 23 May, 2020 10:33 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

I have a better idea. Why don't you investigate unions as opposed to big businesses yourself. You might learn something scout corporate police and illegal actions covered up by politicians who were bought with corporate money just as they are today. Our government has regressed to the 1880's.1

Everything written and said about unions is biased in favor of unions.

I don't know if the labor movement was so biased by solidarity emotions before Marx or because of his writing, but it is a huge collective ego trip.

It is all about pushing for more economic power to gain 'a fairer share' of what industrial capitalism is capable of producing when/if all the workers are allowed to maximize their effort without being limited by capitalists restricting their use of factories/machines/resources.

The human mind is insatiable. People can be well-fed, even overfed; have their basic needs met, and even have plenty of material things beyond what they need; but they still get bored and want to buy new things, go places unnecessarily, get other people to do their chores for them so they don't have to, etc.

The dream of not only being rich and thus secured against running low on money is not enough for many people, who also want to be able to spend money liberally and still never run out. That anti-conservation ethic is what wastes resources and makes industrial-consumerist capitalism unsustainable.

Unions and labor are always focused on closing the gap with richer people without stopping to question whether it's really good to want to be richer if being richer is going to mean you waste more and shift more burdens to others by spending more instead of saving.

Real happiness is achieved not by looking with envy at richer people, but by figuring out how to live humbly and modestly so that your conscience doesn't have to go through what an honest rich person goes through, which is immense guilt for having great power but not being able to use it to solve the ultimate problems of achieving universal happiness and prosperity as well as permanent sustainability of a non-degenerative planet.
RABEL222

Sat 23 May, 2020 11:02 am
@livinglava,
I don't often read your posts because of paragraphs like the last one in this post. Most people who have great wealth don't share any more of it than they can avoid. Its how they got rich. You evidently have lived in luxury most of your life because you can describe how billionaires have great problems. However you haven idea how most people live on the edge of poverty and starvation. Most live check to check and losing ones job is catastrophic. Ill not bother reading any more of your propaganda.
bobsal u1553115

Sat 23 May, 2020 11:23 am
@livinglava,
BlahBlahBlahBlah Salad.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 23 May, 2020 11:30 am
@Region Philbis,
The cartoon forgot to add "faithful" to its other comments. What means nothing to some people means everything to others. Your cartoon is as hateful as the other rhetoric progressives and Democrats spew.
0 Replies