13
   

Further Discussion About Covid-19 and the Covid-19 Crisis 2020

 
 
bobsal u1553115
 
  3  
Reply Sat 23 May, 2020 11:53 am
@livinglava,
Quote:
Everything written and said about unions is biased in favor of unions.


Absolute and utter bullshit.

Quote:
I don't know if the labor movement was so biased by solidarity emotions before Marx or because of his writing, but it is a huge collective ego trip.


A foundation-less opinion. Call a Teamster or Auto-worker or Steelworker or Ironworker a "Marxist", "Communist", "Socialist" and pick you teeth up after.

Wanting fair wages and a safe work environment isn't Commie, it's American. The people who do the work deserve a fair shake, not the non participating stock holder who are only lending money on equity to the owners. Equity built on others's labor.

Quote:
The human mind is insatiable.


What the **** does that even mean? The sky is blue. The ocean is big. Croutons for your word salad.

Quote:
People can be well-fed, even overfed; have their basic needs met, and even have plenty of material things beyond what they need; but they still get bored and want to buy new things, go places unnecessarily, get other people to do their chores for them so they don't have to, etc.


Here's the salad. People want this they want that. No ****, Sherlock. But what they really want you don't want to give them is a fair shake. Someone should have drown Ayn Rand when she was a pup.

I laughed out loud at your "etc" even you had enough of the salad.

Quote:

The dream of not only being rich and thus secured against running low on money is not enough for many people, who also want to be able to spend money liberally and still never run out. That anti-conservation ethic is what wastes resources and makes industrial-consumerist capitalism unsustainable.


You extremists. Its always extreme for you nitwit. There's no way for everyone to be rich. The carrot of getting rich makes you twits jump though hoops and take terrible screwings just becuase you might get rich.

Most of Americans don't give a **** about getting rich. I'm very happy in the middle class. My kids worked hard in school and doing well at what they set out to do, maybe they'll get rich, maybe not. But they're solidly in the middle class, they did it themselves and they're happy. They did it by getting educated and I did it by dint of hard work. We know that's either route is harder and harder these days and wages for most working Americans is pathetic and getting worse while at the same time wealthiest few are getting wealthier and there's something terribly wrong with that dynamic.

Quote:
Unions and labor are always focused on closing the gap with richer people without stopping to question whether it's really good to want to be richer if being richer is going to mean you waste more and shift more burdens to others by spending more instead of saving.


Word salad deluxe. Are you on drugs? If wanting to be wealthy is so terrible, why aren't the wealthy cutting loose of some of that loot to relieve their unhappy lives? We and the Unions aren't asking to own the companies or to be rich, they're asking for a living wage and access to healthcare and safe working conditions.

Quote:
Unions and labor are always focused on closing the gap with richer people without stopping to question whether it's really good to want to be richer if being richer is going to mean you waste more and shift more burdens to others by spending more instead of saving.


MORE word salad. You just want people to starve and die safe from wealth when none of them are wanting wealth, they just want enough.

You must have a screw loose. This is the last time I wade through one of these. It ruined my trousers and shoes.









bobsal u1553115
 
  2  
Reply Sat 23 May, 2020 11:54 am
@RABEL222,
Wasn't that about the biggest pile of crud ever???
0 Replies
 
Below viewing threshold (view)
livinglava
 
  -3  
Reply Sat 23 May, 2020 12:46 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

A foundation-less opinion. Call a Teamster or Auto-worker or Steelworker or Ironworker a "Marxist", "Communist", "Socialist" and pick you teeth up after.

Talk about someone getting their teeth knocked out and wait for the moment someone threatens to knock your teeth out.

Quote:
Wanting fair wages and a safe work environment isn't Commie, it's American. The people who do the work deserve a fair shake, not the non participating stock holder who are only lending money on equity to the owners. Equity built on others's labor.

You don't understand what you're talking about because you're more concerned with avoiding associating with Marx's ideas than actually understanding them and seeing how your own views relate to them.

You can call anything 'American,' but it isn't meaningful unless you explain what you're talking about.

Quote:
Quote:
The human mind is insatiable.


What the **** does that even mean? The sky is blue. The ocean is big. Croutons for your word salad.

It means that people always want more no matter how much they get. Resources are getting used up because people keep thinking they need more money and spending to be happier when maybe what they need is more wisdom in how they spend their time and how to conserve resources.

Quote:
People can be well-fed, even overfed; have their basic needs met, and even have plenty of material things beyond what they need; but they still get bored and want to buy new things, go places unnecessarily, get other people to do their chores for them so they don't have to, etc.

Here's the salad. People want this they want that. No ****, Sherlock. But what they really want you don't want to give them is a fair shake. Someone should have drown Ayn Rand when she was a pup.[/quote]
You don't know the first thing about fairness. It's just a word you use to act more entitled and demanding and to rationalize pushing people to serve you economically instead of respecting their liberty.

Quote:
I laughed out loud at your "etc" even you had enough of the salad.

I got enough of your spam shortly after you started filling the forum with propaganda images and aggressive rhetoric, but you are still posting.

Quote:
Quote:

The dream of not only being rich and thus secured against running low on money is not enough for many people, who also want to be able to spend money liberally and still never run out. That anti-conservation ethic is what wastes resources and makes industrial-consumerist capitalism unsustainable.

You extremists. Its always extreme for you nitwit. There's no way for everyone to be rich. The carrot of getting rich makes you twits jump though hoops and take terrible screwings just becuase you might get rich.

Most of Americans don't give a **** about getting rich. I'm very happy in the middle class. My kids worked hard in school and doing well at what they set out to do, maybe they'll get rich, maybe not. But they're solidly in the middle class, they did it themselves and they're happy. They did it by getting educated and I did it by dint of hard work. We know that's either route is harder and harder these days and wages for most working Americans is pathetic and getting worse while at the same time wealthiest few are getting wealthier and there's something terribly wrong with that dynamic.

You don't know anything about what you're talking about because you don' t stop to reflect on what it means to be rich and poor. You just keep going through the motions of all the things you assume you're supposed to do and spend money on without questioning any of it.

Quote:
Quote:
Unions and labor are always focused on closing the gap with richer people without stopping to question whether it's really good to want to be richer if being richer is going to mean you waste more and shift more burdens to others by spending more instead of saving.

Word salad deluxe. Are you on drugs? If wanting to be wealthy is so terrible, why aren't the wealthy cutting loose of some of that loot to relieve their unhappy lives? We and the Unions aren't asking to own the companies or to be rich, they're asking for a living wage and access to healthcare and safe working conditions.

Raising wages to stimulate more inflation does not amount to 'a living wage.' Economic prosperity is not achieved by raising wages, but by managing costs (and prices) so you can grow your savings, however small, and not worry about it being worthless in a couple decades due to inflation.

Quote:
Quote:
Unions and labor are always focused on closing the gap with richer people without stopping to question whether it's really good to want to be richer if being richer is going to mean you waste more and shift more burdens to others by spending more instead of saving.


MORE word salad. You just want people to starve and die safe from wealth when none of them are wanting wealth, they just want enough.

If they just wanted enough, they wouldn't support an economy that wastes resources.

When you spend your money building an economy that wastes resources, there's never going to be enough to go around; and the more money everyone gets to spend, the more businesses will waste in trying to compete for their business.
izzythepush
 
  3  
Reply Sat 23 May, 2020 12:48 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I’m proud to be a Socialist, it certainly beats being some dim witted, inarticulate, lickspittle fascist.
livinglava
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 23 May, 2020 12:53 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I’m proud to be a Socialist, it certainly beats being some dim witted, inarticulate, lickspittle fascist.

Socialism and fascism are two sides of the same coin. There's a reason both Soviet Socialism and National Socialism were called 'socialist,' and it is exactly to do with the fascist approach both take to achieving collective power against any hope of individual dissent.
bobsal u1553115
 
  2  
Reply Sat 23 May, 2020 01:45 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
Unions want everyone to live in luxury, and they don't care about the waste it causes.


No union wants everybody rich. Who'd join the ******* unions? ALL unions want EVERYBODY rich? Extremist bullshit. If wealth is so ******* dangerous why aren't you warning the rich to unload??????

Show me any union literature that says "everybody get rich". I thought unions were Marxists? Have you read, Das Kapital"? Cause I have. Dry, sophomoric stuff. So which is it: unions want everybody rich or unions want a Marxist economic system?

More word salad from the master word saladeer.

You really believe that ****?????
bobsal u1553115
 
  2  
Reply Sat 23 May, 2020 01:48 pm
@livinglava,
What that reads like:

bobsal u1553115
 
  3  
Reply Sat 23 May, 2020 01:55 pm
@izzythepush,
I have no problem with it. But its not the most popular economic system here in the US. As I get older I believe that some socialist programs are the only ways to fix ingrained inequities. Like welfare and healthcare. I love my socialist heathcare system: the VA. Its one of the largest systems in the world and I would want it for every single citizen and resident of the US.

If I could pick the system I would like to live in, it would be anarchist syndicalism. But unfortunately there are too many gun nuts who'd rather run every show and exploit the syndicates for this to work in the US.
bobsal u1553115
 
  3  
Reply Sat 23 May, 2020 02:01 pm
@livinglava,
Where do you get that ****. Fascism is the method not the policy.

Explain in what way Nazi Germany or Italy was socialist in more than name.

Explain how social democracies like Denmark, Norway, Germany, Finland are fascist in any freaking shape or form.

You can't be educated outside of a religious "school".
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Sat 23 May, 2020 03:00 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I just find it annoying that you have to defend a system based on common decency to the dregs of society.

You don’t have to justify anything to them they are filth.
Below viewing threshold (view)
coldjoint
 
  -3  
Reply Sat 23 May, 2020 03:16 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You don’t have to justify anything to them they are filth.

I caution everyone to consider the source of that comment. Someone who thinks he determines who is filth. That is a stupid conceited way to think and shows a lack of character and compassion.

0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Sat 23 May, 2020 03:25 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
We’re talking about a bunch of poorly educated unintelligent bigots who brainlessly parrot far right web sites. They support racist murders, glorify sexual assault and take ghoulish pleasure in the killing of schoolchildren, even going so far as fantasising about desecrating the corpses of children.

I do not want to talk to such abominations which is why I have them on ignore.

They bring nothing but bigotry and ignorance to the conversation and I’m not interested. They have nothing to offer.

I’m sorry to say this, but if you continue to engage with them like this I’ll have to put you on ignore too.
Below viewing threshold (view)
bobsal u1553115
 
  2  
Reply Sat 23 May, 2020 03:33 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I just find it annoying that you have to defend a system based on common decency


That's the sad truth. For a bunch of people so vocal about their rights including ones that don't exist, they'll piss all over yours.

I can' find it but I remember a quote that said that elected Caesars are outnumbered by smaller natural Caesars.

0 Replies
 
bobsal u1553115
 
  3  
Reply Sat 23 May, 2020 03:41 pm
@livinglava,
I've already had the salad course, thankyou. I am not debating anyone who argues with points in opposition, defines terms in a highly personal terms.

I've waded though enough of your whackyness for one day.

Quote:
If you waste resources unnecessarily, you're rich.


Proves what?

Quote:
Give me an example of something workers don't have now that they need and I'll tell you how it's a first world problem.


0 Replies
 
bobsal u1553115
 
  2  
Reply Sat 23 May, 2020 03:43 pm
@izzythepush,
cj just wrote me off and I told ll I had enough.
Below viewing threshold (view)
izzythepush
 
  3  
Reply Sat 23 May, 2020 04:33 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Think of it like this, do you really want to spend lockdown arguing with such creatures? They have nothing.
 

Related Topics

Immortality and Doctor Volkov - Discussion by edgarblythe
Sleep Paralysis - Discussion by Nick Ashley
On the edge and toppling off.... - Discussion by Izzie
Surgery--Again - Discussion by Roberta
PTSD, is it caused by a blow to the head? - Question by Rickoshay75
THE GIRL IS ILL - Discussion by Setanta
 
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/28/2020 at 02:03:13