Further Discussion About Covid-19 and the Covid-19 Crisis 2020

bobsal u1553115

Thu 21 May, 2020 08:03 pm
@coldjoint,
I see Dr Judy is at it again.

That "cartoon" is about the the most stupid piece of **** you've ever posted.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 21 May, 2020 08:05 pm
@coldjoint,
Bullshit.
coldjoint

Thu 21 May, 2020 08:06 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Bullshit.

What is bullshit, or are you saying 0 too?
bobsal u1553115

Thu 21 May, 2020 08:08 pm
@coldjoint,
Everything you say.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Thu 21 May, 2020 08:09 pm
@coldjoint,
How come you keep linking to small news blogs that is basically reporting what the major news outlets reports?

The Lifezette article is basically a copy of the original Fox News story.
Fox News even has a copy of the letter.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doctors-raise-alarm-about-health-effects-of-continued-coronavirus-shutdown

Even weirder, the editor in chief of Lifezette is a Fox News host.
Rebelofnj

Thu 21 May, 2020 08:14 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
The cartoonist Ben Garrison is popular among the Alt-right. He also drew some anti-semitic cartoons that got him disinvited by The White House, after they initially invited him.
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/452346-cartoonist-whose-art-was-labeled-anti-semitic-wont-attend-white-house
coldjoint

Thu 21 May, 2020 08:19 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Quote:
He also drew some anti-semitic cartoons that got him disinvited by The White House, after they initially invited him.

Funny, the Democrats are the antisemitic party. But it shows Trump will have none of it.
coldjoint

Thu 21 May, 2020 08:22 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Quote:
How come you keep linking to small news blogs that is basically reporting what the major news outlets reports?

You mean the ones that have lied for three years? Facts are facts whoever reports them. The letter is fact.

Quote:
Even weirder, the editor in chief of Lifezette is a Fox News host.

Are you trying to say CNN and the networks are not involved in politics? Because they are the Democrat progressive propaganda machine. Let Fox have some fun too.
Rebelofnj

Thu 21 May, 2020 08:25 pm
@coldjoint,
Then just link to Fox News.

Lifezette is not any better if the editor in chief has a show on Fox News.
coldjoint

Thu 21 May, 2020 08:27 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Quote:
Then just link to Fox News.

I appreciate the suggestion, but I will post what I post.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 21 May, 2020 09:09 pm
@Rebelofnj,
That cartoon is some rank poop right there. Its terrible. It just adds nothing.Thanks for telling me more about him.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 21 May, 2020 09:14 pm
@coldjoint,
About 80 % of Jewish voters are registered Democrats, dummy. They vote consistently Democratic. Hillary got 79% of their votes.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jewish-voting-record-in-u-s-presidential-elections
coldjoint

Thu 21 May, 2020 10:17 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
About 80 % of Jewish voters are registered Democrats, dummy.

Does not stop the party from being antisemitic. Self hatred is very popular these days.
coldjoint

Thu 21 May, 2020 10:19 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
It just adds nothing.

You don't have an original bone in your body. I use 0 too, try that. Cool
0 Replies

Sturgis

Thu 21 May, 2020 10:31 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Was your grandfather a member of the Workman's Circle?

I don't know. If he was, neither he nor my grandmother ever mentioned it.. Or they did, and I either wasn't paying mind, or forgot.
My grandparents had divorced by the time I came along and during the McCarthy HUAC time, he exited the U.S. and went back to France, where he had worked before. (both of my grandparents were at one time registered communists). He was born to good Jewish stock in Austria-Hungary/Poland (now it's in the Ukraine. Back then it was Lemberg, how it's Lviv.

When I mentioned the books about unions earlier, they were due to my grandmother. Very much pro-union. For a short time, I started drifting off from my union beliefs. Once I saw unions being disassembled, I got back on board. Was briefly a member of the AFL-CIO, when I was employed by NY State (Department of Insurance).
When I worked for The Village Voice, it was considered a temporary job which kept me from being allowed to join the union there.
JGoldman10

Fri 22 May, 2020 01:13 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

PUA insurance came about because of the Covid-19 crisis. Does anyone here know anything about it? It's a form of unemployment insurance.

-FIXED.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 22 May, 2020 05:55 am
@coldjoint,
Because the Jewish people are self-loathing? Or stupid. I think you've lost your freaking mind.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 22 May, 2020 05:59 am
@Sturgis,
Somehow we allowed the Unions to be stigmatized. Its a crying shame and the biggest disaster to hit the working man. Decades of protection have been undone.

I allowed myself to discount unions, too, in the 80's. I never voted for Reagan but I thought the unions were past their need. That things were good and that government regulation would protect us. I was a member of the AFL/CIO at the time and I felt they took good care of its members. Before that I was a Teamster (bad times) and the UAW, who took good care of the auto workers but not so good care of the non autoworkers. My other granfather was a member of UMW when Jock Yablonsky was Union President, that was the only thing that kept my grandparents off relief after he got black lung: the union and their agitation to Congress for black lung legislation.

We let Reagan soft soap us about unions and we allowed ourselves to forget the bad old days.
coldjoint

Fri 22 May, 2020 10:49 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Because the Jewish people are self-loathing?

Some of them are. Some white people hate being white. Know anyone like that? I do.
livinglava

Fri 22 May, 2020 11:28 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Somehow we allowed the Unions to be stigmatized. Its a crying shame and the biggest disaster to hit the working man. Decades of protection have been undone.

Unions are just another form of corporatism. Corporatism subjugates individuals to collective authority/power.

The principle of unions is that the business/corporation you work for is not looking out for your interests, and if you as an individual try to look out for your interests, you'll be overpowered by the business/corporation.

With unions, your interests are only being looked after in the ways that they are, but in other ways, you are being oppressed by an additional layer of management. E.g. if you lose your job and the union doesn't protect you, it is that much harder to go to management and appeal because the union has rules and power as well as the business managers.

Anyway, every situation is unique and different from others, but generally unionism is an additional form of corporatism/collectivism that disempowers individuals with the justification that they'll have more power against greater power if they collectivize against it.

In an ideal world, individuals all listen to each other and strive to do what's best for the greater good - which is what Marx believed would occur following a communist revolution. Ironically, that is also what the founding fathers believed would occur if individuals had the liberty to self-govern within a republic, but of course neither Marx nor the founding fathers before him foresaw the limits of utopianism.

So now you have people with limited utopian vision, who think that unions only make things better for workers and/or for the greater good without considering how they might make things better for some and not others, or how a strong unionized corporation that works hard for the benefit of both the investors and the workers might be worse for environmental sustainability, the economy overall, and/or the greater good generally.

If you want to do a good analysis, you can't be biased toward unions always being a positive force. Many social scientists get indoctrinated into pro-union partisanism while they are getting their degrees, so that bias comes through in their work. Unions are just another level/form of organization, like corporate management, shareholder organizations, governmental institutions, etc. They can have good effects as well as bad ones, but because people are biased in favor of only seeing the good (for the same reason that workers are biased in favor of only seeing the good in themselves and their work), it leaves room for the bad to get away with more because people are biased toward ignoring it.