Further Discussion About Covid-19 and the Covid-19 Crisis 2020

bobsal u1553115

Wed 20 May, 2020 09:27 am
@livinglava,
You'll have to give me a moment to get my salad tongs. BTW, none of the standard BS dressing please.
livinglava

Wed 20 May, 2020 09:33 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

You'll have to give me a moment to get my salad tongs. BTW, none of the standard BS dressing please.

You see here is an example of how you refuse to discuss anything. You are a totalitarian who just wants to scuttle any and all discussion by accusing anyone who disagree with you of 'word salad.'
bobsal u1553115

Wed 20 May, 2020 09:50 am
@livinglava,
Whats to discuss? You're dictating again and giving me your opinion of me personally and insisting your "alternative facts" are equal to my real facts and science. No I really do not care if you are so intimidated by science and fact its makes you incoherent. I have no obligation except in your feverish brain to respond or sort out the can of worms that form the bulk of your misconceptions. I have no duty to take your crap any more seriously than you do my facts.

If I bug you, why don't you just ignore me and laugh behind my back with your cabal of lock-stepped conspiracy buffs?

You don't offer anything to discuss and when I offer documented corrections to your wild-eyed buggery you get mad. So give it a rest and stay within your little nasty amen corner and bloviate with each other for a while?
izzythepush

Wed 20 May, 2020 09:54 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

No I really do not care if you are so intimidated by science and fact its makes you incoherent.

Not just science, she waging a one woman war against the English language.
revelette3

Wed 20 May, 2020 09:56 am
I've been looking at the before and after pictures of cities pollution and water and it's just remarkable. I wish there was a way to maintain it but still have a viable economy.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 20 May, 2020 09:56 am
@izzythepush,
She's just plain angry. As well as ******* goofy.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 20 May, 2020 09:57 am
@revelette3,
There is. Consume less.
livinglava

Wed 20 May, 2020 10:01 am
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:

I've been looking at the before and after pictures of cities pollution and water and it's just remarkable. I wish there was a way to maintain it but still have a viable economy.

What do you consider a 'viable economy?'
revelette3

Wed 20 May, 2020 10:06 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Well, practically, there is no way to enforce people to consume less, over populating and over crowding parks and marinas etc.. forcing conservatives to make good environmental policies... all across the world. But no more than the lockdown has been, the images of places just look so much more clear and cleaner.
revelette3

Wed 20 May, 2020 10:10 am
@livinglava,
Well, when most of your country is able to live comfortably by being able to feed and shelter and taking care of themselves and their household's health at the bare minimum.
nimh

Wed 20 May, 2020 10:18 am
@ganeemead,
ganeemead wrote:

Two things which are highly likely to save people from covid19 are zinc tablets and tonic water. Walmart's store brand of tonic water is 75 cents a quart, 40mg zinc tablets are $25 for a year's supply on ebay.

Zinc lozenges like Cold-Eeze help against the common cold and *might* help with the Coronavirus — we don't really know: https://www.uchealth.org/today/zinc-could-help-diminish-extent-of-covid-19/

However, that only holds for zinc lozenges or syrup — "not zinc dietary supplements in pill form": https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Zinc-Consumer/
0 Replies

livinglava

Wed 20 May, 2020 10:38 am
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:

Well, when most of your country is able to live comfortably by being able to feed and shelter and taking care of themselves and their household's health at the bare minimum.

So why don't you think that is possible while continuing with the benefits that have emerged from the shutdown?
revelette3

Wed 20 May, 2020 03:01 pm
@livinglava,
Because after the lockdown, the normal population will be going to work, going to schools, parks and the beach and marina's shopping...all of which contribute to pollution. It seems an obvious answer to me. I don't see a way to avoid it, but then I know little about the subject.
maxdancona

Wed 20 May, 2020 03:23 pm
Does it make any sense for someone to be

1. Worried about covid-19 being deadly?
2. Worried about overpopulation?

These two fears seem contradictory somehow.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 20 May, 2020 03:37 pm
@revelette3,
No one will be forced into anything, the change has to come from within.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 20 May, 2020 03:38 pm
@maxdancona,
They aren't contradictory, Max. Population control is not the same as depopulation.
0 Replies

livinglava

Wed 20 May, 2020 04:03 pm
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:

Because after the lockdown, the normal population will be going to work, going to schools, parks and the beach and marina's shopping...all of which contribute to pollution. It seems an obvious answer to me. I don't see a way to avoid it, but then I know little about the subject.

They don't have to do that, though. Earlier you said this:
Quote:

Well, when most of your country is able to live comfortably by being able to feed and shelter and taking care of themselves and their household's health at the bare minimum. (emphasis added)

That is possible without them doing all the things you mention that contribute to pollution.
0 Replies

livinglava

Wed 20 May, 2020 04:07 pm
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:

Well, practically, there is no way to enforce people to consume less,

Apparently, pandemic disease is the enforcement; but we don't know whether COVID19 was caused by humans or nature or both.

We can only assume it's not going to be the last pandemic, that is assuming it goes away at all.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 20 May, 2020 05:48 pm
@izzythepush,
Man am I embarrassed! I didn't realize it was English.
RABEL222

Wed 20 May, 2020 06:24 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I just finished an article about Chernobyl. It seems that now that there are no humans there the 1000 sq mi area is making a comeback.The plants and animals are doing fine. The only problem is the radioactivity that humans introduced.
0 Replies