Further Discussion About Covid-19 and the Covid-19 Crisis 2020

bobsal u1553115

Sun 10 May, 2020 12:44 pm
Key coronavirus model projects 137k deaths in U.S. by August
Source: CBS News

Washington — One of the leading models for measuring the impact of the coronavirus is now projecting a total of 137,184 cumulative COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. through the beginning of August, an increase of roughly 2,700 deaths from its previous forecast on May 4.

Christopher Murray, the director of the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington, predicted the number of cases to particularly increase in areas where people become more mobile.

"What's driving the change is, simply put, the rise in mobility, and that's the key driver," Murray said on "Face the Nation" on Sunday. "We're seeing in some states, you know, a 20-percentage-point increase in just 10 days in mobility. And that will translate into more human contact, more transmission."

Murray said states which have "big increases in mobility" may see a significant uptick in cases in the coming weeks. The top five states with increased mobility are Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota and Georgia, Murray said.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/key-coronavirus-model-projects-137k-deaths-in-us-by-august/ar-BB13ROHc?li=BBnb7Kz
Sturgis

Sun 10 May, 2020 12:53 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Given the level of arrogance and ignorance of so many people, I'm leaning towards the 175,000 area.

coldjoint

Sun 10 May, 2020 01:01 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Murray said states which have "big increases in mobility" may see a significant uptick in cases in the coming weeks. The top five states with increased mobility are Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota and Georgia, Murray said.

Sure thing. Laughing
Quote:
Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp celebrates record low COVID-19 numbers after media, Dems predicted disaster

More fearmongering to avoid discussing Obama's scheme unraveling and the three years of proven lies.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/georgia-gov-brian-kemp-celebrates-record-low-covid-19-numbers-after-media-dems-predicted-disaster
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 10 May, 2020 03:16 pm
With all the mess going on with Covid-19 I forgot May 10 was Mother's Day. I hope my mother is okay.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 10 May, 2020 03:19 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

We actually had effective leadership during H1N1. We had leaders who actually listened to Dr Fauci.

Okay. What did Obama do to properly deal with the H1N1 pandemic that Trump hasn't done to properly deal with the Covid-19 pandemic?

Again what has Dr. Fauci said about the Covid-19 crisis, if anything?
Rebelofnj

Sun 10 May, 2020 03:36 pm
@JGoldman10,
By using the terms "Dr. Fauci COVID-19" on Google News, it gives me these results.

"Fauci to begin 'modified quarantine after possible exposure"
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/09/politics/fauci-modified-quarantine-coronavirus/index.html

"Dr. Anthony Fauci to testify remotely before Senate committee about coronavirus response"
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dr-anthony-fauci-to-testify-before-senate-subcommittee-about-coronavirus-response/

"Fauci Says It's 'Doable' To Have Millions Of Doses Of COVID-19 Vaccine By January"
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/30/848478507/fauci-says-its-doable-to-have-millions-of-doses-of-covid-19-vaccine-by-january

You can click on each link to read his full comments.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 10 May, 2020 03:42 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Thank you. He's just tired me out too much to be his personal search machine.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 10 May, 2020 03:46 pm
A nurse without an N95 mask raced in to treat a 'code blue' patient. She died 14 days later
Source: LA Times

The decision that Celia Marcos made, the one that would ultimately steal years from her life, had been hard-wired after decades working as a nurse.

On the ward that she oversaw at Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center, a man with COVID-19 had stopped breathing. Marcos’ face was covered only with a thin surgical mask, and obtaining a more protective N95 mask before entering his room would have wasted valuable time, her colleagues say.

The 61-year-old charge nurse knew the chest compressions and other breathing treatments the patient needed would likely spew dangerous virus particles into the air that could land on her face and clothing. She would be at high risk of catching the coronavirus.

Marcos raced into the room. Fourteen days later, she was dead.

Read more: https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-10/nurse-death-n95-covid-19-patients-coronavirus-hollywood-presbyterian

While Trump and Fox News promote COVID-19 protests and parties against social distancing and lying about the availability of tests and PPE, health care professional on the frontlines are paying the price.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Sun 10 May, 2020 03:48 pm
@JGoldman10,
As for how Obama handled the H1N1 outbreak:

"Responding to what some health officials feared could be the leading edge of a global pandemic emerging from Mexico, American health officials declared a public health emergency on Sunday as 20 cases of swine flu were confirmed in this country, including eight in New York City.

[…] The emergency declaration in the United States lets the government free more money for antiviral drugs and give some previously unapproved tests and drugs to children. One-quarter of the national stockpile of 50 million courses of antiflu drugs will be released."
https://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/27/world/27flu.html

The first US cases of H1N1 occurred in April 2009. It was not declared a pandemic until June. Here is Obama addressing H1N1 after the first confirmed cases in April and a couple days after declaring a public health emergency.

The CDC has made a timeline detailing how the world governments responded to H1N1.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/2009-pandemic-timeline.html
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Sun 10 May, 2020 03:51 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I get it if he needs help to find a hard to locate source or website.

But he keeps asking others to search terms and subjects that are very easy to find. If he can use this site, then Google should be easy to use.

Based on personal experience, elementary students can use Google and YouTube to find what they need.
JGoldman10

Sun 10 May, 2020 04:08 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I saw that first link.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 10 May, 2020 04:15 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I agree. I know you know more about him that the rest of us and I think you've done very well keeping his information private. I sense a very needy person here, I try to stay civil but the repeat questions get to me.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 10 May, 2020 05:28 pm
Bob and Rebel, I apologize for any inconvenience(s) I may have invoked. I am still getting accustomed to and am still familiarizing myself with the functionality of my smartphone. I am forced to use my smartphone to access the internet until I can get internet service turned back on my laptop.

It's a lot easier for me to use the internet on a PC or laptop or any computer with internet access.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 10 May, 2020 09:41 pm
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/fa257ec047350b5b9902e75aa376c88688dc05717881fee1233e6dc588312e1e.jpg
bobsal u1553115

Sun 10 May, 2020 09:45 pm
CNN Headline
Current story says: Trump concerned that aides contracting Corinavirus will undercut his message that the outbreak is waning.

Translation: trump very scared that if people who work for him die, it will be bad for him politically.

He is barely human.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 10 May, 2020 09:46 pm
Sen. Lamar Alexander will self-quarantine after staffer tests positive

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-05-11-20-intl/index.html

From CNN’s Manu Raju

Sen. Lamar Alexander gives his opening statement during a Senate Health Education Labor and Pensions Committee hearing on new coronavirus tests on Capitol Hill on May 7, in Washington.
Sen. Lamar Alexander gives his opening statement during a Senate Health Education Labor and Pensions Committee hearing on new coronavirus tests on Capitol Hill on May 7, in Washington. Andrew Harnik/Pool/Getty Images

Sen. Lamar Alexander, a Republican from Tennessee, will self-quarantine after a staff member in his office tested positive for the coronavirus, according to a statement from Alexander’s chief of staff, David Cleary.

“Senator Alexander has no symptoms and tested negative for Covid-19 on Thursday afternoon, May 7. After discussing this with the Senate’s attending physician, Senator Alexander, out of an abundance of caution, has decided not to return to Washington, D.C., and will self-quarantine in Tennessee for 14 days. Almost all of the senator’s Washington, D.C., staff are working from home, and there is no need for any other staff member to self-quarantine,” Cleary said in the statement.

“The senator will be working remotely and will chair the Senate Health Committee hearing on Tuesday morning by video conference where the witnesses will be Dr. Anthony Fauci, Dr. Robert Redfield, Dr. Brett Giroir and Dr. Stephen Hahn," Cleary said.

Cleary said the staffer is “recovering at home and is doing well.”
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sun 10 May, 2020 09:51 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
This is a good thing. Maybe it will get the attention of these crooked politicians when their own lives are in danger.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 10 May, 2020 10:07 pm
@Sturgis,
I fear you're right. I pray you're wrong but the Orange Disaster has really screwed this nation.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 10 May, 2020 10:11 pm
@RABEL222,
I believe Boris Johnson has moderated his flap and even Vladimir Putin has changed his "no Covid19 here" talk actually saying that Russia "has nothing to be proud about" in its handling of the pandemic.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 12 May, 2020 07:12 am
After six new cases, Wuhan plans to test all 11 million residents for coronavirus
Source: WaPo

By Anna Fifield

May 12, 2020 at 4:38 a.m. EDT

Authorities in the Chinese city of Wuhan plan to test all 11 million residents for covid-19 by the end of next week, in a massive push to extinguish any remnants of the coronavirus from the original epicenter of the global pandemic.

The all-encompassing mission — announced Monday and paid for by district governments — contrasts with shortages of testing kits in some other countries, including the United States, where people have complained about not being able to get a test despite having coronavirus symptoms.

But the scope of the endeavor underscores official sensitivities about any new flare-up in Wuhan, where the virus emerged in a market late last year. It comes after officials reported six new coronavirus cases in two days, confounding health experts after a 35-day streak without infections.

“It is important to realize that a decisive result does not equal a decisive victory, lowering the emergency response level does not equal lowering defenses,” said Wang Zhonglin, a top official in the Communist Party in Wuhan, according to the state-run Changjiang Daily. “We must not be careless or lax,” he told a video conference of officials called to respond to a sudden spate of cases in the city.

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/after-six-new-cases-wuhan-plans-to-test-all-11-million-residents-for-coronavirus/2020/05/12/9e245722-9411-11ea-87a3-22d324235636_story.html

We can seem to get 11,000,000 test for our entire country. Why a re we failing at stopping this thing so completely??????
0 Replies