Further Discussion About Covid-19 and the Covid-19 Crisis 2020

chai2

Wed 29 Apr, 2020 04:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

https://scontent.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/95094417_10221456032778557_2058357845337833472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=1Jig-TQP3NsAX8LEniQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.fna&oh=c1e23bca6a7ce8041ba4f390bf57f783&oe=5ECF80DE

I track every day on a graph the numbers of cases, hosptialization and deaths both in Texas as a whole and Travis county.

For both Texas and Travis the lines for both number of cases and deaths have both risen in this almost perfectly straight line.

Where is there any indication that it's safe to open up?

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/95212871_1676027699216727_8892747086496268288_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=8q9TocsIDxMAX9zp4ei&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=f760ba885d8b992b2ebde191c1e11238&oe=5ED0D238
edgarblythe

Wed 29 Apr, 2020 04:49 pm
@chai2,
It's big business and politicians at work not caring about anything but their own hides and money, as is always the case, usually regardless of the political party they represent.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 30 Apr, 2020 12:45 pm

How could you have inherited a broken test if it's a new virus with a new test?

Trump again blames the Obama administration for the "broken" coronavirus tests that were developed during the Trump administration because the virus was not around during the Obama administration.

THIS IS ALL TRUMP HAS FOLKS:

ACOSTA: You say you had inherited “broken tests” from Obama — the coronavirus is a new virus, so how could the tests be broken?

TRUMP: We have broken tests. We had tests that were obsolete. We had tests that didn’t take care of people.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 30 Apr, 2020 02:55 pm
Fauci warns states that reopening too fast is 'tempting a rebound' of infections
Source: American Independent

By Associated Press -April 30, 2020 1:27 PM

'You can't just leap over things and get into a situation where you're really tempting a rebound. That's the thing I get concerned about,' Fauci said.

The nation's top infectious disease expert said Thursday that new cases of the coronavirus are a certainty as states begin to roll back restrictions. States need to proceed carefully as they take steps to reopen businesses and allow greater freedom of movement, Dr. Anthony Fauci said.

"We will get blips ... there's no doubt," Fauci told NBC's "Today" show. "When you pull back there will be cases, and what we need to do is make sure (states) have in place the capability of identifying, isolating and contact tracing individuals."

Fauci urged states that don't have that capability to go very slowly. "You can't just leap over things and get into a situation where you're really tempting a rebound. That's the thing I get concerned about," he said.

His warnings came a day after Donald Trump said the federal government would not extend its social distancing guidelines past Thursday, and Trump's son-in-law and adviser, Jared Kushner, predicted that by July the country would be "really rocking again," despite health experts assessing that as highly unlikely.

Read more: https://americanindependent.com/anthony-fauci-coronavirus-reopen-states-infections-rebound-covid-19/
JGoldman10

Thu 30 Apr, 2020 05:18 pm
We all know that the Covid-19 crisis is bad but there are some benefits that have come about because of it:

At least where I live, bus rides are free in my county.

People don't have to be concerned about paying rent, utility and phone bills for the time being. I don't have to pay rent for two months.

Any other benefits?
livinglava

Thu 30 Apr, 2020 05:26 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

We all know that the Covid-19 crisis is bad but there are some benefits that have come about because of it:

At least where I live, bus rides are free in my county.

People don't have to be concerned about paying rent, utility and phone bills for the time being. I don't have to pay rent for two months.

Any other benefits?

Reducing air-pollution and taking a step in the direction of more conservative and thus responsible industrial-consumerism.
izzythepush

Thu 30 Apr, 2020 05:28 pm
@JGoldman10,
You still have to pay your rent, you've been given more time to pay it, that's all.

The main benefit is environmental, CO2 emissions have dropped considerably, but contrasted with all the deaths it's very small comfort indeed.

The most optimistic forecast is in France where they're giving money to cyclists for when the lockdown stops.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 30 Apr, 2020 05:31 pm
@JGoldman10,
Sometimes I think you look for a fight. If you think those are "bright spots" I'm gobsmacked.
livinglava

Thu 30 Apr, 2020 05:48 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

The main benefit is environmental, CO2 emissions have dropped considerably, but contrasted with all the deaths it's very small comfort indeed.

They are not related aspects. Positive side effects of a situation are not counterbalances for the bad that's happening. E.g. people drown in floods and lose their houses, but there's also groundwater recharge. It doesn't mean the groundwater recharge is more or less good because it was a byproduct of flooding.

Quote:
The most optimistic forecast is in France where they're giving money to cyclists for when the lockdown stops.

Money that will eventually get spent on car payments, gas, tires, insurance, etc.

The only way the cycling trend would be permanent is if people decided they didn't want to drive no matter how much money they had to spend.
JGoldman10

Thu 30 Apr, 2020 06:15 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
No I wasn't and don't be ridiculous. I was being serious.
chai2

Thu 30 Apr, 2020 06:38 pm
@JGoldman10,
That’s the sad part. You’re serious.

This is a Christian way of thinking?
Thousands of people are dying, but I get to ride the bus for free!
0 Replies

cherrie

Thu 30 Apr, 2020 06:42 pm
@JGoldman10,
About 64,000 people have died in the US, but you get free bus rides.

It's really all about you, isn't it?
ehBeth

Thu 30 Apr, 2020 06:49 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Fauci warns states that reopening too fast is 'tempting a rebound' of infections

it's happening in germany right now

everybody needs to chill tf out
NSFW (view)
JGoldman10

Thu 30 Apr, 2020 08:55 pm
@cherrie,
What about being pardoned from paying phone bills, utility bills and rent for a while?

You don't consider this a good thing?
cherrie

Thu 30 Apr, 2020 09:19 pm
@JGoldman10,
I suppose that depends on what you think peoples lives are worth.

You have over a million confirmed cases of covid 19, and nearly 64,000 people dead in the US.

This pandemic is the reason you're getting free bus rides, rent, utility bills and so on.

If you think that's a fair exchange then I really don't know what else to say.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 30 Apr, 2020 09:25 pm
@cherrie,
You missed the point of my post. I'm a Christian and I'm an optimist - I see the glass as half-full.

I wanted to point out good things that have happened since the Covid-19 crisis started, and I wanted others to list any pros I missed.

My family and I pray for the Unsaved- every man, woman and child on Earth who isn't a born-again Christian. We pray for their salvations; we ask the Lord to let them be subjected to hearing and/or reading the Good News of the Gospel. We pray the Lord puts men and women in the paths of these Unsaved people to minister the Gospel to them and that the Lord touches these Unsaved people's hearts and gives them a spirit of conviction to give their lives to Christ. We're asking the Lord to deliver these people from the kingdom of darkness and translate them into God's Kingdom.

We are also praying the Lord will reveal to the world's scientists and medical experts how to isolate, contain and destroy Covid-19 and how to concoct a vaccine that will cure and heal people of Covid-19.

I hope the 64,000+ people who died from the virus were Saved.

My pastor contracted Covid-19 when he was in Europe but made a full recovery. People were praying for him.
JGoldman10

Thu 30 Apr, 2020 09:34 pm
@livinglava,
A lot of places are giving out free food. That's another plus.
0 Replies

chai2

Thu 30 Apr, 2020 09:36 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

What about being pardoned from paying phone bills, utility bills and rent for a while?

You don't consider this a good thing?

You do realize this is deferred payment, right?

It’s not like the landlord, phone company etc is giving you free rent. You’ll have to play catch-up.

Also, how great is this for landlords who aren’t getting their rental income?
They have to pay property taxes, maintenance common area utilities and much more.

Again, you’re a man in his 30’s or 40’s, and you somehow don’t know understand your landlord also has a mortgage on the property, has to pay people etc.

You have no empathy at all, do you? You don’t even understand you don’t have it.
chai2

Thu 30 Apr, 2020 09:45 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

. I'm a Christian.

You know what goldman?

No, you’re not. No you are not a Christian.

Somewhere along the line you learned to repeat that, and to parrot all the other horrible crap you say.

If you were a Christian you would be acting like Christ.
You have never shown in any way, shape or form anything Christ like.

No, you are not a Christian. Your saying it doesn’t make you one. If you want to become one, go out and act like Christ.

You don’t even know what that means.