bobsal u1553115

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 08:45 pm
@JGoldman10,
Veterans Administration.
0 Replies

chai2

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 08:52 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Bob you’ll have to be masked. Most places won’t let you in without a mask. I personally draw the line with gloves because I don’t have any open cuts on my hands, and if I’m wearing a mask I can’t touch my face.

I figure if I have gloves on I’m still touching stuff, and your gloves hand is touching various parts of you.

Thinking about it, I would bring some small bottles of water and some liquid had soap with me in the car. That would make washing your hands whenever you want easy.

Washing and rinsing twice is superior to antibacterial gel.

Good Luck.
You’re going to the service center over on Montopolis or Metropolis? I’ve spent many hours there
bobsal u1553115

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 09:26 pm
@chai2,
You're preaching to the choir!

I go everywhere masked and gloved with sanitizer. In Austin right now its a $1000 fine and jail for being public and unmasked.

My concern is taking my wife into a VA clinic or VA hospital even masked and gloved with sanitizer.

I believe very strongly about masks and being gloved. We've been self quarantined for a little over two months. And when we go out for groceries - no more than once in 10 or so days - if I come across someone without a mask here in Marble Falls I give them wide berth beyond social distancing.

We play very close attention to our health and whats gong on. I want 100% of everybody masked.

The new clinic the other side of 71 and about a mile east of Montopolis Rd. on Metropolis
Sturgis

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 09:31 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
I want 100% of everybody masked.

So I take it you won't be visiting the Oval office anytime soon.

Personally, I can't fathom why anyone would not be wearing a mask of some sort now.

Then we have the twits that don't know how to wear them. They have their mouth covered, but not the nose.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 09:39 pm
@Sturgis,
I know! Their noses hanging out. I saw a photo of a barber cutting hair in Georgia with his nose hanging, a couple of armed quarantine protesters with a band hanging down and not behind their heads.

The Trump virus will be here longer than it needs to be. Thanks Basket of Deplorables!!!

The only way I would go into the Oval Office is if I could mope slap him on the back of his head and ask him what the freak is wrong with him. He's not that much older than me and there's no court north of the Mason-Dixon line that'll convict me.

A boy can dream, can't he?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 09:42 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I had to miss my nephews wedding, they had a small civil ceremony at the grandparents 'Lake House'...I guess Lake Marble Falls......I'm hoping they have a celebration after this passes by, his mother wasn't able to be there because of the virus..........it sucks but at least everyone is safe so far, just staying at home, but I'd rather be at home than in an ICU. By the way, I think they just refer to the grandparents house as the family lake house, it's not the center of society for Marble Falls..it's just been in the family for ages.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 09:50 pm
@glitterbag,
There's Lake Marble Falls, Lake LBJ, Inks Lake and Lake Buchanan all in a line west and north of Marble Falls all on the lower Colorado River. And Horseshoe Bay on Lake LBJ. LOTS of lake houses out here.

Have you had a chance to process my grant application yet? Baby needs a new pair of shoes!
glitterbag

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 11:13 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Tell me what size, and heel height. I'll send you a menu.
bobsal u1553115

Sat 25 Apr, 2020 07:55 am
@glitterbag,
I was hoping for the cash so that I could retain my .... er ... whats the word ... oh yeah ... dignity by purchasing them myself. Baby has a ... er ... foot condition so they have to be customized. A grand oughta do the trick. I will standing by the mail box, so please hurry!
RABEL222

Sat 25 Apr, 2020 09:33 am
@bobsal u1553115,
How does one keep ones glasses from fogging up while wearing a mask?
jespah

Sat 25 Apr, 2020 09:38 am
@RABEL222,
I've found getting the mask to fit as close to your face as possible, then put on glasses so the lower part of the frame is on top of the mask -- that seems to work the best.
bobsal u1553115

Sat 25 Apr, 2020 12:38 pm
@jespah,
It's actually has made me wear my glasses more often.

Good tip.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 25 Apr, 2020 02:43 pm
Has the American government put off dealing with illegals due to the Covid-19 crisis? Are they concerned about anyone - government officials, illegals, etc. - contracting the virus?

What American government agencies deal with deporting illegals besides Border Patrol? The INS doesn't exist anymore.

What agencies deal with deporting illegals on a domestic level?
Sturgis

Sat 25 Apr, 2020 02:47 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
...concerned...

Don't make me laugh.
Even local government officials have no concern. Prisoners are in close proximity but if that wasn't had enough, they have no face masks, no hand sanitizer, limited soap. Many of the guards are also without protective gear. Often visitors too.

The Feds have no true concern for immigrants or the border guards.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 25 Apr, 2020 03:26 pm
@JGoldman10,
Priorities, right. For shame.
Rebelofnj

Sat 25 Apr, 2020 05:06 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
The INS doesn't exist anymore.

The agency was disbanded 17 years ago. Most people know by this point that immigration is handled by the Department of Homeland Security and ICE. It is not really news.

Recently, the Trump administration restricted immigration to the country, citing coronavirus concerns. However, by now, many nations including the US have already restricted travel.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/politics/immigration-executive-order-trump/index.html
JGoldman10

Sat 25 Apr, 2020 07:31 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Like I said I don't keep with this stuff.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 25 Apr, 2020 07:32 pm
@Rebelofnj,
ICE deals with illegal immigration on a domestic level?
JGoldman10

Sat 25 Apr, 2020 07:33 pm
@Rebelofnj,
What about deporting illegals?
0 Replies