Further Discussion About Covid-19 and the Covid-19 Crisis 2020

chai2

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 08:54 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I agree 100% with everything you said.

100%.

Personally, I do not feel it's enough to simply protect the patients (or anyones) personal privacy under the guise of that making it all right for social media machine to grind out yet another "heart touching" tidbit to be thrown into the maw of the never satisfied, gluttonous creature that has become us.

The iso nurse holding up the note was certainly showing compassion in this moment. I don't think there is anyone that will dispute that.

The note he wrote was not intended to go further than to let his co-workers know that he wouldn't be on the floor for a little while, and why.
It was intended as professional, documented information from one licensed professional to another. It should have stayed that way.

In fact, not the nurse pictured, but whoever took the picture, be it fellow nurse, a tech, some dietary aid passing by could be seen to be in some kind of violation of the hosptial policies. Thinking about it right now, I can't fathom Why some other employee would think to take and post that picture beyond some need for creating drama where it is actually just a workplace event.
What purpose did/does it serve for the general public to see this, other than for them to have yet another "Awwww, (((((hug)))))), that makes me so sad" moment?

Looking beyond the popular "nurses are wonderful, they're angels sent from God, so compassionate, etc etc" They are, first and foremost, licensed professionals who are very aware of staying within their parameters. They hold hands, but keep their distance emotionally. They have to or they would never last, professionally or personally. They would be eaten up not just by the patients condition, but by overwrought families.

I stand by my opinion posting this where all the world could now have their feels for the hour/minute, was by definition, private, and unprofessional on someones part.

bobsal u1553115

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 08:57 am
@chai2,
That's certainly fair enough. Stay safe.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 09:11 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I bless you too.

How awful a person you must be, Shameful
JGoldman10

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 09:15 am
@glitterbag,
No, the Word says to bless your enemies.
glitterbag

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 03:14 pm
@JGoldman10,
You imagine you have enemies, at least on this forum. No one here is your enemy, you just have a knack of pissing people off because you are rude.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 03:40 pm
Maryland posted a warning not to ingest or inject disinfectant as a counter to the coronavirus, citing more than 100 people who called its hotline asking about it after Trump's briefing yesterday.

Makers of Clorox and Lysol Warn Against Ingesting Bleach and Disinfectants

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/24/us/politics/trump-inject-disinfectant-bleach-coronavirus.html

By Christine Hauser and Alan Yuhas

April 24, 2020
Updated 3:13 p.m. ET

Health officials, the makers of cleaning products, doctors and federal lawmakers repeated dire warnings on Friday about the dangers of ingesting disinfectants, responding to remarks by President Trump the night before about the possible medical effects of sunlight, ultraviolet light and household disinfectants on the coronavirus.

The warnings were uniform: The cleaning products are extremely dangerous to ingest — potentially deadly — and no one should do so.

Reckitt Benckiser, the British company that makes Lysol and Dettol, said on Friday it was warning customers against using disinfectants as treatment because it had been asked about their “internal administration” after “recent speculation and social media activity.”

“As a global leader in health and hygiene products, we must be clear that under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion or any other route),” it said in a statement.

The Clorox Company said on Friday that disinfecting surfaces with bleach was one way to help slow the spread of Covid-19, citing recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. But it added: “Bleach and other disinfectants are not suitable for consumption or injection under any circumstances.”

Accidents with household cleaning products appear to have sharply increased in recent weeks, according to doctors who monitor activity at poison call centers. On Monday, the C.D.C. reported an alarming trend of growing calls to poison control centers, and a significant increase in accidental exposures to household cleaners and disinfectants.

Ingesting bleach or disinfectant chemicals is very dangerous, said Dr. Diane P. Calello, the medical director of the New Jersey Poison Information and Education System. “When people injected bleach or highly concentrated rubbing alcohol it causes massive organ damage and the blood cells in the body to basically burst,” she said. “It can definitely be a fatal event.”

But although companies and doctors have warned about such chemicals for years, officials around the country on Friday were fielding calls and questions about disinfectants and Covid-19. By the afternoon, Maryland’s hotline had received more than 100 calls on the subject, Mike Ricci, the spokesman for Gov. Larry Hogan, said on Twitter.

The calls prompted a response from the Maryland Emergency Management Agency: “Under no circumstances should any disinfectant product be administered into the body through injection, ingestion or any other route.”

Dr. Rachel Levine, Pennsylvania’s health secretary, was even more emphatic, saying that, as a pediatrician, she had seen children with “very, very severe burns of their esophagus, requiring intensive care and operations,” after ingesting cleaning materials.
chai2

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 03:47 pm
@glitterbag,
I know.
Enemy is a really strong word.

It sure doesn't mean someone who doesn't agree with you, and let's you know that.

It's kind of yet another distraction technique. One can, being called an enemy, may in casual settings like this, not question it.

Instead, because I think I've been blessed too by goldman, and now we know that he only blesses enemies, that's just his way of saying "**** you" to someone.

Like, if he likes you, or doesn't think you're tormenting him, he won't bless you.

Man, looking at it like that, Jesus was really saying some passive agressive **** huh?

It was the original "Bless your heart", huh?

Whoa. Mind blown.
I mean, look at this....

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you

So if you love me, bless me, do nice things and pray for me, I'm your enemy and or using you?

That's messed up man.

Really makes you think about when someone offers you their "thoughts and prayers"

0 Replies

chai2

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 03:48 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Well it's all ok now bob, because Trump just let us know he was just being sarcastic and jesting.

bobsal u1553115

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 04:35 pm
@chai2,
What was he jesting and being sarcastic about, his daily **** show or his gullible basket of deplorables?

Even his excuses are totally incomprehensible. We need a leader, not a half-assed would be comedian.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 07:02 pm
I'm still waiting for my stimulus check to arrive in the mail. Why is it taking longer for some people to receive theirs than others? Do people only get one check per household? If not I hope my mother gets hers too.

Are the checks going into people's mailboxes or are they being deposited into people's personal accounts?

bobsal u1553115

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 07:13 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Why is it taking longer for some people to receive theirs than others?

The truncated, confused Trumpian Federal Gubmint. Need I say more?

Quote:
Why is it taking longer for some people to receive theirs than others?

No, in your case you both get a check as long as you paid income tax or collect SS or collect disability from the VA.

Quote:
Are the checks going into people's mailboxes or are they being deposited into people's personal accounts?

If your SS or disability or tax returns go to your bank electronically, so will your stimulus check. If it comes by mail, so will your stimulus check. Be careful of scammers who are claiming to help you figure out where your check is. The Gubmint has a website to help you figure out where it is.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 07:30 pm
Leaked White House emails reveal behind the scenes battle over chloroquine in coronavirus response
Source: CNBC

WASHINGTON – Trump White House appointees pressured government health officials to make an unproven malaria drug available to the public to treat the disease caused by the new coronavirus without a doctor's supervision, according to internal emails published by Vanity Fair on Friday.

The pressure tactics caused panic and pushback from scientists and doctors at several federal health agencies, who refused to suspend drug regulations in order to distribute the potentially dangerous treatment to the public outside of hospitals.

The report adds a new layer to the looming crisis facing the Trump administration over its efforts to promote and procure drugs containing chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine. Long used to treat malaria and select auto-immune diseases, chloroquine has not been proven effective to treat Covid-19.

On Friday, CNBC reported on the findings of a clinical trial of chloroquine that was halted amid safety concerns after researchers cited a "primary outcome" of death among patients who were given high doses of chloroquine.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/leaked-white-house-emails-reveal-behind-the-scenes-battle-over-chloroquine-in-coronavirus-response/ar-BB13a09p?li=BBnb7Kz
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 07:34 pm
@JGoldman10,
People who used direct deposit for their 2018 or 2019 tax refunds would get their stimulus checks the earliest.

Those who didn't use direct deposit would need to wait longer for the paper checks to arrive in the mail.

Then of course there are numerous system glitches on the government websites.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/04/16/coronavirus-cares-stimulus-check/
0 Replies

chai2

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 07:35 pm
@JGoldman10,
Did you file income taxes for 2018 and 2019?
glitterbag

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 07:46 pm
@chai2,
We got $54 deposited into the main checking account. Took 30 minutes to figure it wasn't a mistake by the bank, it was our stimulus check.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 07:46 pm
Young and middle-aged people, barely sick with covid-19, are dying from strokes
Source: Washington Post

Thomas Oxley wasn’t even on call the day he received the page to come to Mount Sinai Beth Israel Hospital in Manhattan. There weren’t enough doctors to treat all the emergency stroke patients, and he was needed in the operating room.

The patient’s chart appeared unremarkable at first glance. He took no medications and had no history of chronic conditions. He had been feeling fine, hanging out at home during the lockdown like the rest of the country, when suddenly, he had trouble talking and moving the right side of his body. Imaging showed a large blockage on the left side of his head.

Oxley gasped when he got to the patient’s age and covid-19 status: 44, positive. The man was among several recent stroke patients in their 30s to 40s who were all infected with the coronavirus. The median age for that type of severe stroke is 74.

As Oxley, an interventional neurologist, began the procedure to remove the clot, he observed something he had never seen before. On the monitors, the brain typically shows up as a tangle of black squiggles — “like a can of spaghetti,” he said — that provide a map of blood vessels. A clot shows up as a blank spot. As he used a needlelike device to pull out the clot, he saw new clots forming in real-time around it.

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/24/strokes-coronavirus-young-patients/
glitterbag

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 07:51 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
It is much more dangerous than we originally thought. Some folks who survive are left with damaged lungs and damage to other internal organs. If they survive.

bobsal u1553115

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 08:07 pm
@glitterbag,
I got VA in Austin Monday and the Monday after. I'm going masked and gloved with sanitizer. I'm thinking I should leave Joy at home, if she'll let me.

When I go to Temple VA in a couple of weeks, I'm thinking she stays home want to or not.
JGoldman10

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 08:23 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Thank you Bob. What is "VA"?
chai2

Fri 24 Apr, 2020 08:42 pm
@glitterbag,
You must have made more than the limits