What's the deal with this "coronavirus" people are talking about?

JGoldman10

Sun 15 Mar, 2020 11:16 pm
@Rebelofnj,
No, but as I said to you and a handful of other people, in this thread and/or other ones I posted, if I'm not mistaken, it would be a heck of a lot easier if I had access to a regular computer or laptop with working internet access on it.

As of the time of the posting of this the internet service on my laptop is still cut off. The only computers with internet access I can access right now are the ones at my local library and at my local employment center. Unless I can go to either facility to use computers with internet access I'm stuck using the internet on my smartphone. I'm still working on getting the internet service on my laptop turned back on.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 15 Mar, 2020 11:20 pm
The American media is known to blow things out of proportion and to use scare tactics on the American general public; I assume they want to try to control people by doing so.

Could the American media be blowing this while Wuhan coronavirus thing out of proportion to take people's focus off of what Trump is doing at the moment?
Rebelofnj

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 03:45 am
@JGoldman10,
You really don't pay attention to the news in the last few months.

*The media don't really care for President Trump due to him targeting journalists and calling "fake news" to any piece of real news that show him in a bad light. With the exception of Fox News, none of the news outlets have no reason to cover Trump's actions.

*Governments around the world are trying to contain the spread of COVID-19 through strong actions. Events are cancelled, airports closed, travel bans implemented, new hospitals built, chruches cancelling mass, etc. Due to the numerous closings of stores and restaurants, a new economic recession is all but certain.
The media can't really blow things out of proportion if the governments are actually viewing this virus in a serious manner.

*The Trump Administration's efforts to contain COVID-19 have been viewed as poor. Among other things, Trump has downplayed the seriousness of the virus, despite health officials' growing concerns. Trump also disbanded a pandemic response team back in 2018, which led to a delay in action to the virus.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 04:19 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Could the American media be blowing this while Wuhan coronavirus thing out of proportion to take people's focus off of what Trump is doing at the moment?

Spoken like a true drone.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 04:21 am
@JGoldman10,
Your use of the term Wuhan virus shows extreme indoctrination.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 04:31 am
The big deal with this virus is that idiots like Trump are not taking this seriously. Instead of dealing with a contagion he's undermining his experts, minimising the threat and trying to apportion blame.

The Chinese have responded with similar unfounded accusations about how the virus was caused by American germ warfare in China.

Trump has now tried to coax German scientists over to work on a vaccine for Americans only.

All of this helps the virus spread, it's here, where it came from is no longer important, what's important is stopping/slowing its spread.
Brandon9000

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 05:10 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
The big deal with this virus is that idiots like Trump are not taking this seriously....

When Trump took the strong step of banning flights from China in January, people like you called him a racist.
izzythepush

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 05:14 am
@Brandon9000,
It wasn't a strong step it was something that would cause his idiotic supporters to believe he was doing something.

And it worked.

Trump is a racist, everyone called him a racist long before this particular outbreak, apart from the racists who supported him.

America will be disproportionately negatively affected by the virus because of that stupid idiot, and Johnson isn't much better.
Brandon9000

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 06:14 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It wasn't a strong step it was something that would cause his idiotic supporters to believe he was doing something.

And it worked.

Trump is a racist, everyone called him a racist long before this particular outbreak, apart from the racists who supported him.

America will be disproportionately negatively affected by the virus because of that stupid idiot, and Johnson isn't much better.

Trump stopped flights from the epicenter of an emerging pandemic. It makes sense, if your goal is to slow down the infection of your population.

You have made a specific assertion - "Trump is a racist." Please give me one example of something racist that Trump has done.
gungasnake

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 06:25 am
@JGoldman10,
My own take on the Corona virus situation:

https://steemit.com/science/@gungasnake/pan-demic-or-dem-panic

How much do we need to see? Fake Mueller probe, fake impeachment, fake pandemic... What are they gonna try next??

Apparently the way you fix this business, for starters at least, is to outlaw and ban the democrat party the same way the Nazi party is now banned in Germany.

Likewise, and this is just a personal choice, there is no way in the world I would ever have anything to do with any sort of a "vaccine" against Covid19. Too much like the story Victor Borge used to tell about his uncle who invented the cure for which there was no disease and caught the cure and died.

Most evidence indicates that people who have been dying in China, particularly Wuhan, South Korea, Italy, and on those cruise ships, have been dying from radiation poisoning and not virus infection. People who need something to worry about should most likely be worrying about 5G.
Below viewing threshold (view)
jespah

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 06:44 am
@gungasnake,
Your links aren't just spammy, they're irresponsible.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 07:10 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

[You have made a specific assertion - "Trump is a racist." Please give me one example of something racist that Trump has done.

Use google yourself. I'm not wasting my time on your inadequacies. His racism is a matter of public record.
Rebelofnj

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 07:28 am
@Brandon9000,
On Google, I searched "Trump racism" and I was given this Wikipedia article and numerous other news articles.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump

Trump's repeated remarks on Barack Obama's birthplace and citizenship, as well as his claims he has proof, has been viewed as being racist.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/11/29/16713664/trump-obama-birth-certificate

According to Trump, he claimed he was called a racist when he announced the travel restrictions on China. However, none of the Democratic leaders or the major presidential candidates commented on the restrictions.
It appeared that Trump was responding to a fabricated Chuck Schumer tweet.
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/the-facts-on-trumps-travel-restrictions/
gungasnake

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 08:04 am
https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/90059412_2569912559781726_5062190446684405760_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=j8TDJY_Dvy0AX8OH8Gl&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=9ceb02bd0aa7033c38f67a0728bb9d10&oe=5E933FEC
0 Replies

gungasnake

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 08:10 am
@Rebelofnj,
Quote:
On Google, I searched "Trump racism"

Better idea, try searching on "demokkkrat racism"; might turn up images of the 1924 demokkkrat convention aka "the klanbake"

https://www.snopes.com/tachyon/2018/05/klanbake_dnc_meme.jpg

https://www.snopes.com/tachyon/2018/05/klanbake-tweet-2.png

Rebelofnj

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 08:30 am
@gungasnake,
I searched "1924 Democratic Convention" and I found multiple legitimate sources debunking those photos.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/made-by-history/wp/2018/03/15/how-social-media-spread-a-historical-lie/

The Klan rally depicted in the photos was in Madison, Wisconsin. The 1924 Convention was held in Madison Square Garden, New York City.

The term "Klanbake" didn't even exist until 2000.
izzythepush

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 09:29 am
@Rebelofnj,
This is what they do, it's called sealioning. They make you waste your time looking stuff up they already know the answer to.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 09:32 am
@Rebelofnj,
Gungasnake is a joke, not only is he a nasty little Nazi, he's full of ****. He's posted about pyramids on Mars and how ancient Peruvians used to ride around on dinosaurs.

You'd have to be a complete idiot to take anything he says seriously.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 11:45 am
@Rebelofnj,
Snopes, Wikipedia, and the Washington Compost are not reliable sources for controversial materials. Educate yourself:

https://www.wordfoundations.com/tag/democratic-convention-of-1924/

Quote:

Not all Democrats supported the revived KKK, and some wanted the party’s platform to condemn Klan for its violent activities. A plank was proposed. Pro-Klan delegates opposed Al Smith’s candidacy (Smith was a Catholic) and supported the candidacy of his chief opponent, William McAdoo (a Protestant). The convention was deeply divided. Writing about the proceedings, Randy Dotinga seasons his report with quotes from Robert K. Murray, a historian.

The vicious KKK debate finally ended in a chaotic two-hour vote that produced the most “prolonged pandemonium in an American political gathering.”

“The delegates engaged in fist fights, arguments, name calling, wrestling matches, and brawls, while the galleries howled and stomped their feet.” The fighting veered toward a riot that was only averted when 1,000 NYC cops hurried to the scene.

1924-dems202_zpsyoyhzzomDebate over adopting the anti-Klan plank was fierce. In the end, the plank was rejected by a vote of 546.15 to 542.85. In Celebration, “tens of thousands of hooded Klansmen rallied in a field in New Jersey, across the river from New York City. This event…was also attended by hundreds of Klan delegates to the convention, who burned crosses, urged violence and intimidation against African Americans and Catholics, and attacked effigies of Smith.”
0 Replies