Do Warner Bros. and Disney still dominate the TV toon market like they did in the late 20th century?

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2020 08:02 am
@Rebelofnj,
I'll get back to them when I have the time. I promise.
Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2020 09:01 am
@JGoldman10,
Were you expecting to just upload your work online and pray that people will notice without you having to do any marketing efforts?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2020 11:14 am
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Were you expecting to just upload your work online and pray that people will notice without you having to do any marketing efforts?

I have a feeling beyond his favorite forums, he doesn't have any social media presence.

TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Vimeo, etc... You would think he might have some decrepitly outdated DeviantArt account alongside Daily Motion and Metacafe. Whether he posts new original works there? Remains to be mentioned.

He has a YouTube account most likely to watch but probably never posted a video up to his own channel. Even I posted a few experiments onto my YouTube channel.
Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2020 11:48 am
@tsarstepan,
I think he does have accounts on Facebook and Twitter, but he has said he rarely use any social media sites.

I have told him repeatedly that artists use social media to post their works and talk with fans. His lack of a social media presence is not going to help him at all if/when JG actually starts posting anything online.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2020 01:21 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Yes. I have a Facebook account and a Twitter account but I've rarely used either to contact people.

I also have a Myspace account which I set up fairly recently which I never used. I know since Justin Timberlake bought the site it has been sold reserved for artists and writers.

I was reluctant to set up any social media accounts at first but I did so due to my mother's insistence; she is not computer-literate and she wanted me to find and contact people on Facebook and Twitter for her.

Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2020 01:26 pm
@JGoldman10,
So, those questions I asked a few days ago:

How are you going to stand out from the many other creators and studios out there who have made their own animated shows?

How are you going to get people to watch your work, with so many entertainment options available?
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2020 01:37 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Be patient. What you asked me requires a lot of thought. I'll get back to your questions when I have the time.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2020 01:38 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Yes. I have a Facebook account and a Twitter account but I've rarely used either to contact people.

I also have a Myspace account which I set up fairly recently which I never used. I know since Justin Timberlake bought the site it has been solely reserved for artists and writers.

I was reluctant to set up any social media accounts at first but I did so due to my mother's insistence; she is not computer-literate and she wanted me to find and contact people on Facebook and Twitter for her.

-FIXED.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2020 02:30 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Did you not see this post I made to Sturgis recently about 2D drawing and painting apps for Android?:

https://able2know.org/topic/545550-1#post-7045502
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2020 02:39 pm
@JGoldman10,
They are not exactly difficult to answer.

If it were me: I would adapt one of my more unique stories that is unlike most entertainment, to get people's attention. Once I have a sizable fanbase, I would introduce the other stories to the audience.

As for marketing, I would use Facebook, Reddit, and Twitter to spread the word, as well as asking my friends to help me. I would post teasers of my projects online to build hype.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2020 01:01 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I know you're not an artist but do you know anything about 2D drawing and painting apps?
Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2020 01:15 pm
@JGoldman10,
No. I know nothing about any painting apps.

Will you answer the questions I first asked days ago?
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2020 03:47 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Drawing apps?
Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2020 03:47 pm
@JGoldman10,
No

You have been avoiding answering my questions.

How are you going to stand out from the many other creators and studios out there who have made their own animated shows?

How are you going to get people to watch your work, with so many entertainment options available?
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2020 09:18 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Okay. I have given this some thought.

Remember in old comic books they had hand-drawn promos to advertise stuff- TV shows, especially cartoon shows, toys, etc.?

I'm going to create hand-drawn promos, cartoon title card-style, to advertise my cartoons and comics on my profiles on YouTube and other video-sharing sites (Dailymotion, Metacafe, etc.) and on social media and other online platforms. I'm thinking of doing that on artist/writer community sites like Deviantart and Newgrounds.

The promos will be set up in the following format:

(Name of cartoon or comics series here)

and underneath the title will read the caption:

"Coming soon to an online platform near you"

This will help me get the word out.

Please explain what you mean by "stand out". Are you talking about using a gimmick to attract people to my toons and comics?
Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2020 03:50 am
@JGoldman10,
Stand out means gimmick.

Do you think your marketing efforts will be enough to attract people from the many other entertainment options? There have only been a few successful independent animated web series. And none of them were ever popular enough to displace mainstream show or film.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2020 06:21 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I want to attract kids. Kids are my target audience.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2020 06:35 pm
@JGoldman10,
As I said, there are countless entertainment options, even more for children.

You are going to have to compete against the animated web shows produced by Disney, Dreamworks, Barbie, and Warner Bros, as well as Minecraft gameplay videos and the Russian animated show Masha & The Bear (going by my nephew's watching habits).

Will your show be at the same level of quality as these shows?
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2020 06:48 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Please list gimmicks people use to attract audiences to their online cartoon and comics series.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2020 07:02 pm
@JGoldman10,
Most shows (online, broadcast, cable) are successful because the audience are fans of the cast & crew, fans of the franchise, or the studios launched multi million marketing campaigns to spread the word.

There are far too many gimmicks to list.