Do Warner Bros. and Disney still dominate the TV toon market like they did in the late 20th century?

izzythepush

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 12:18 pm
@JGoldman10,
You’ve been planning for a very long time.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 12:53 pm
@JGoldman10,
That doesn't really answer my questions.

What is your issue with people having boyfriends/girlfriends in shows? It is a reflection of everyday life. There are even Christian dating sites.

Also:

What show do you actually like and shares your morals?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 01:39 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I'm going to get back to you on this with a serious answer.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 01:46 pm
@JGoldman10,
I won’t hold my breath. Other than religious programming and Catillac Cats, the only programme you’ve spoken positively about is Fat Albert.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 02:02 pm
@JGoldman10,
They are not difficult questions.

You must be a fan of at least one show that doesn't break any of your morals.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2020 07:57 am
@Rebelofnj,
I liked Little House On The Prairie, The Andy Griffith Show, some of the cop/detective drama shows and court drama shows my mother likes, like NYPD Blue, Matlock, In The Heat Of The Night, The Commish, Law and Order, the original Dragnet, Blue Bloods.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2020 08:15 am
@Rebelofnj,
I like game shows. Game shows are harmless.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2020 12:09 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I like game shows.

Which ones?

I ask because many game shows include sexual innuendo. Some have atheists as contestants. Others have men and/or women who are in same gender marriages.

Seems risky to view them. Then again, perhaps you can do it for research purposes since it may provide you with a window into what people are interested in.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2020 02:03 am
@Sturgis,
Are you serious, or are you trolling?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2020 02:26 am
@JGoldman10,
Why don’t ‘t you include that list asa marketing device? Children will read it and run pell mell to your oeuvre.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2020 05:28 am
@JGoldman10,
Doesn't most of those police drama shows have content that is against your morals?

NYPD Blue famously had sexual content in its early episodes, which led to the creation of the conservative Christian advocacy group The Parents Television Council, which I think you are in support of.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 10:03 am
Since we are talking about WB and Disney animation in this thread does anyone think we'll ever see anymore official animation crossovers between the two studios?

For decades the two studios have been making jabs at and/or referencing each other's intellectual properties, especially each other's cartoons, through their cartoons and comics and other media, but the only times in animation history the two companies officially crossed over was when they produced Who Framed Roger Rabbit and the anti-drug TV special Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue.

There was an unofficial animation crossover in a sketch on Mad that featured Donald Duck, Scrooge McDuck, Huey, Dewie and Louie, a cameo of Daisy Duck (she appears in a picture in a wall), and Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. It was called "McDuck Dynasty". It's unofficial because it's a parody. Mad is owned by WB, and they could get away with using Disney characters in the sketch because parodies are protected under Fair Use. They modified the Disney characters presumably to avoid copyright infringement but it was odd they modified Bugs and Daffy in this sketch. Bugs and Daffy are owned by WB.

In this sketch Donald and Daffy did not appear together.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 10:05 am
@JGoldman10,
Is it? Otherwise Disney could cry foul and say that Bgs remained unchanged while Mickey Mouse got fucked over.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 10:06 am
@izzythepush,
Are you talking about gay sex between Disney's and WB's corporate mascots?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 10:12 am
@JGoldman10,
I’ve not seen it, but if that’s what you’re into fair enough.

I was just pointing out in fairness that if you alter your rival’s characters you should alter yours accordingly.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 10:22 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I was just pointing out in fairness that if you alter your rival’s characters you should alter yours accordingly.

That makes sense. Copyrighted, trademarked and/or licensed characters are often modified some kind of way in a parody to avoid any potential copyright infringement, but not always.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 10:32 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Since we are talking about WB and Disney animation in this thread does anyone think we'll ever see anymore official animation crossovers between the two studios?

For decades the two studios have been making jabs at and/or referencing each other's intellectual properties, especially each other's cartoons, through their cartoons and comics and other media, but the only times in animation history the two companies officially crossed over was when they produced Who Framed Roger Rabbit and the anti-drug TV special Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue.

There was an unofficial animation crossover in a sketch on Mad that featured Donald Duck, Scrooge McDuck, Huey, Dewie and Louie, a cameo of Daisy Duck (she appears in a picture in a wall), and Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. It was called "McDuck Dynasty". It's unofficial because it's a parody. Mad is owned by WB, and they could get away with using Disney characters in the sketch because parodies are protected under Fair Use. They modified the Disney characters presumably to avoid copyright infringement but it was odd they modified Bugs and Daffy in this sketch. Bugs and Daffy are owned by WB.

In this sketch Donald and Daffy did not appear together.

Donald and Daffy did appear in the sketch but were not shown together at the same time. Elmer Fudd appeared in the sketch too.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 10:35 am
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Doesn't most of those police drama shows have content that is against your morals?

NYPD Blue famously had sexual content in its early episodes, which led to the creation of the conservative Christian advocacy group The Parents Television Council, which I think you are in support of.

The police, court and detective drama shows I mentioned were fairly realistic. I don't know too much about the PTC.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 10:45 am
@JGoldman10,
You have asked this question a lot, and the answer is always the same: complicated legal issues and executives from both sides wanting their characters to be treated well.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 10:57 am
@Rebelofnj,
Okay.
0 Replies