Bernie Sanders 2020

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2019 10:55 am
@blatham,
Unlike Romney, I don't keep binders of people. I see it and if it's on a social media page I block the person rather than make a list.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2019 11:46 am
@blatham,
At the risk of influencing three votes:

"All y'all Bernouts are 100% right! If he gets screwed again - Stay home or better yet...Vote Trump"

Very Happy Very Happy
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2019 11:47 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Unlike Romney, I don't keep binders of people. I see it and if it's on a social media page I block the person rather than make a list.

No wonder you've never had a responsible administrative position
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2019 11:49 am
@blatham,
Let’s see if you can approach his universe of working for people you don’t know.
blatham

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2019 09:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I don't keep binders of people
You fall to cop-out answers like that far too easily, edgar.
Quote:
I see it and if it's on a social media page
If you see it on a social media page like facebook or twitter and you have no means of verifying authorship then you have no way of knowing whether or not such comments are legit or agitprop. Other than straight-up right wing propaganda sites, they are now the main conduit for disinformation campaigns, some very sophisticated. They are essentially worthless as tools to discover what is true or what people are really thinking if you don't know who or what is authoring the words you see.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2019 09:35 pm
@blatham,
I know. The Russians and Republicans. Sigh.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2019 09:39 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
At the risk of influencing three votes
A fair point. But I'm from Canada. Here we search out the smallest minorities and give them a leg up. It might be a gift certificate to Tim Hortons or ticket to a hockey game or even, if housing is needed, a Tiny Igloo.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2019 09:57 pm
@Lash,
In response to this
Quote:

Bernie Sanders First to Sign Pledge to Rally Behind Democratic Nominee.

I wrote
Quote:
Yup. Sanders is a good guy.
Let's see if his fans here can match his version of integrity.

And you responded
Quote:
Let’s see if you can approach his universe of working for people you don’t know.

Your brain is perhaps not working properly.
Lash

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2019 01:15 am
@blatham,
Yes, I knew you wouldn’t understand it—which makes your moralizing about him much funnier than you know.
blatham

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2019 08:24 am
@Lash,
Quote:
Yes, I knew you wouldn’t understand it
I guess it is under-appreciated that you have an IQ up there in Oralloy territory.

In any case, and even given that Sanders himself is not on board, good luck with your insistence on a Sanders coronation. That certainly gives heft to your anti-Hillary bona fides.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2019 08:41 am
Asking for fair treatment is not really the same thing as seeking a coronation. Only a Hillary Clinton does that.
blatham

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2019 08:49 am
@edgarblythe,
Sorry edgar. If the position held is that ONLY ONE CANDIDATE deserves the position and that any other will be axiomatically unacceptable, then a coronation is what is being demanded.

And, as noted above, that is NOT Sanders' position at all.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2019 08:54 am
@blatham,
It's not mine either. All I have ever insisted on is treating Sanders the same as the rest of the candidates, which has not been happening no matter how many denials I get from centrists.
blatham

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2019 09:07 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
It's not mine either.
Then we're on the same page. Side by side. Brothers, almost.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2019 10:43 am
@blatham,
But I also believe that if Bernie received the same kind of coverage as Biden and Warren, he would right now be sweeping his way to the nomination, just as inexorably as Jimmy Carter did.
hightor

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2019 10:56 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
But I also believe that if Bernie received the same kind of coverage as Biden and Warren...

What I don't understand is why the Sanders people are making such a big deal about this. They've written off the mainstream media as a bunch of biased corporatist hacks and now they complain that their candidate isn't getting sufficient attention and positive coverage. So why not interpret this as validation of Sanders? Would you really want Sanders portrayed as some sort of establishment "golden boy"? There should be tension between Sanders and those who exist serve the status quo. He's not Jimmy Carter — that's the point.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2019 05:51 pm
Jaybefaunt🌹
@Jaybefaunt
·
10m
So
@cenkuygur
and
@AnaKasparian
BOTH endorsed
@BernieSanders
for President of the United States. This is good news. *sigh of relief*
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I had given up on The Young Turks. Now I can like them again.
engineer

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2019 05:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
Whether you like someone is predicated on who they endorse for the Democratic nomination?
Lash

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2019 06:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
Cenk has been waffling into sell-out territory, so I was pleasantly surprised he didn’t endorse Warren.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2019 06:05 pm
@edgarblythe,
Did you hear that this psycho says she may run again because she’s ‘under a great, great, great deal of pressure from many, many, many people’?