Bernie Sanders 2020

blatham

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2019 09:08 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Purity Test = Derisive term applied to those who insist on integrity.

Would that apply to conservative demands for anti-abortion legislation/votes?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2019 09:18 am
@blatham,
I don't go in those circles. I only experience it when applied to Sanders supporters.
blatham

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2019 09:28 am
@edgarblythe,
Bit of a chickenshit response, edgar.

Obviously, such theocratic rightwing types would define "purity test" just as you've done.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2019 09:41 am
All I can tell you is it has been applied to me for insisting on integrity. Beyond that, it's your playground.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2019 09:54 am
@blatham,
Republican ‘purity’ and progressive ‘purity’ aren’t even in the same universe.

Republicans are worried about what you do in the bedroom, they want to control women’s bodies, blame them for their own rapes, and prevent them from deciding if they will take pregnancies to term.

Progressives don’t want corporations buying politicians, resulting in deaths due to healthcare costs, racist incarceration policies, and ruined lives and a growing income inequality due to unaffordable formal education.

You have no moral compass.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2019 02:17 pm

Naomi Klein
@NaomiAKlein
·
7h
I’ve written about my preferences but I have never formally endorsed a candidate for President in my life - never mind spoken at a campaign rally.

That ends today in #Iowa.

The world is on fire and our most credible hope of beating the arsonists is #Bernie2020 #NotMeUs
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2019 02:27 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Progressives don’t want corporations buying politicians, resulting in deaths due to healthcare costs, racist incarceration policies, and ruined lives and a growing income inequality due to unaffordable formal education.

What do you call it except buying votes when Democrats promise and/or create spending programs that transfer money to the people, and aim to pay for it by taxing the rich?

When will the day come when a voter votes for a Democrat not because they want to experience economic gain but because they actually care about making things better?

I.e. when will Democrats stop accusing Republicans of greed while seeking to maintain and boost the industrial-economic status quo, so that they can tax it and spread the greed even further than it already is?
Lash

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2019 04:17 pm
@livinglava,
I think you may be insane.

Which scenario seems like greed to you?

A billionaire is exempt from paying the same tax rate as a teacher.

Pharmaceutical companies are forced to make insulin affordable because people are dying because they can’t afford insulin.

———————
Creepy greedy politicians get pay offs from millionaires and billionaires to make changes to law and regulations to make corporate profits flow up to billionaires rather than down to the people who are earning that money.

———————-

You’ve been groomed by the alliance if billionaires, corrupt politicians, and corporate bosses.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2019 09:13 am
#IWroteTheDamnBill 🔥⏳🌹 IDWP Retweeted

Aggressive progressive 🌹
@lilradishn
·
19h
It's official: The media has spent more time talking about Michael Bloomberg in 2 days than Bernie in a year.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2019 11:21 am
MSDNC

@MSDNCNews
Jul 26
More
BREAKING:

Sources confirm multiple women have come forward accusing Bernie Sanders of aggressively providing them with healthcare.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2019 07:16 pm
Sanders' immigration policy suggests that if he thought the far-left of America wanted it he would propose we all be forced to run naked in the streets. He's an old fool.
Lash

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2019 07:29 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Craven’s immigration views startled me —it must have been ten years ago. It was the first time I’d ever heard of no borders. I definitely can’t subscribe to that, and Bernie’s views about our borders need to be fleshed out, but I’m done with tanks in our streets rounding up people. I’m tired of the disaster at our borders and how cruel our policies are.

Bernie may not be perfect on this, but we can’t keep it the way it is.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2019 07:33 pm
As long as we disrupt the economies down there and manipulate and overthrow governments they will come because they have no place else on which to pin their hopes. Even Mexico's president has suggested efforts to overthrow him have been detected.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2019 07:39 pm
The choices are basically three.
Trump's way
Change our Latin America policy to be constructive and help the people and have humane camps for them here, until they can be safely repatriated, but allow for requests for citizenship.
Open borders.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2019 01:58 am
Bernie Sanders First to Sign Pledge to Rally Behind Democratic Nominee.

https://able2know.org/topic/509256-1
Lash

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2019 05:24 am
Bernie Sanders’ plan to take news ownership away from billionaires.

https://able2know.org/topic/468987-570#post-6925168
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2019 07:08 am
@Real Music,
Quote:
Bernie Sanders First to Sign Pledge to Rally Behind Democratic Nominee.
Yup. Sanders is a good guy.

Let's see if his fans here can match his version of integrity.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2019 07:39 am
@blatham,
You can't **** on people and expect them all to respond according to your version of reason. Being individuals, each will respond according to their own sense of what's best. There are Democrats saying they will not vote for Sanders, no matter what. I don't ever see them getting chastised by centrists. Meanwhile, we get blanket-treatment for every peeve from critics.
blatham

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2019 08:34 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
There are Democrats saying they will not vote for Sanders, no matter what.
Name three.

And if you were to actually name some (I've not seen these creatures) who of them aren't from the big money crowd and who also say the same about Warren? Any Warren or Biden etc supporter who proclaims that if their candidate doesn't succeed, then they won't vote (or maybe they'll vote Trump) would be manifesting the same absolutism I've been indicting.

Look. If Bernie doesn't make it as the nominee and you decide that you will not cast a vote in the general, that's your choice of course. You can make an understandable claim that this is a stance which matches your personal integrity. Sanders' stance and his integrity don't match yours but that's fine.

If, however, you set to convincing others that they ought to follow your lead, then you'd be working directly in opposition to Sanders himself. You do see that, I presume.

Real Music

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2019 09:48 am
@blatham,
1. Well stated.

2. Thank you for pointed all that out.

3. Everything you just stated is absolutely true.

4. And everything you just stated needs to be repeated over and over again.
0 Replies