Bernie Sanders 2020

engineer

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2019 09:54 am
@edgarblythe,
I think there is a lot of value in that comment. Evil people are very good at making good people do bad things. That is where Trump supporters are right now. They were in for judges or tax cuts are sticking it to liberals, but holding children in cages and blackmailing our allies and continuously lying is not really what they thought they were getting. But when attacked for supporting Trump, they have to defend themselves and harden their position of support. Best just to let them nurse their doubts without throwing their previous support for this administration in their faces.
engineer

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2019 09:56 am
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

4. As far as the rest of the field of candidates is concern, I expect quite a few to start dropping out rapidly.
Especially after the primaries votes in Iowa and New Hampshire have been casted and counted.

I agree and I think that is unfortunate. I'd like to see more of Buttigieg and especially Harris but I'm not sure they have the staying power to make it much further. Warren is sucking up all the oxygen from the room. I don't have any issue with Warren but I'd like to see more from the others before giving her the nod.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2019 09:59 am
@engineer,
I used to be in that position when Bill Clinton held office. I knew he was screwing things up, but the attacks on him were so vicious and unreasonable I had to defend him.
engineer wrote:

I think there is a lot of value in that comment. Evil people are very good at making good people do bad things. That is where Trump supporters are right now. They were in for judges or tax cuts are sticking it to liberals, but holding children in cages and blackmailing our allies and continuously lying is not really what they thought they were getting. But when attacked for supporting Trump, they have to defend themselves and harden their position of support. Best just to let them nurse their doubts without throwing their previous support for this administration in their faces.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2019 04:21 pm
@Olivier5,
I pay serious attention, but I’m not cloned or part of a cult. I listen to what he’s got to say, but if it doesn’t jive with my opinion—I do me.

I do me.
Real Music

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2019 08:33 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
I agree and I think that is unfortunate. I'd like to see more of Buttigieg and especially Harris but I'm not sure they have the staying power to make it much further. Warren is sucking up all the oxygen from the room. I don't have any issue with Warren but I'd like to see more from the others before giving her the nod.

The 2020 Democratic Party presidential primaries and caucuses calendar.

https://able2know.org/topic/525414-1
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2019 11:26 pm
Winning some formerly Centrist voters.
————————

Peter Daou
@peterdaou
I WAS WRONG IN 2016

The more time passes, the more I realize 2016 was the time to overhaul the system. It was the time for a political revolution.

And here's why: Winning one election (eg. Obama or Clinton) is winning a battle, but the Dem establishment has been losing the war.
4:47 PM · Nov 4, 2019·Twitter Web App
Retweets
Peter Daou
@peterdaou
·
7h
Replying to
@peterdaou
My vigorous advocacy for Hillary Clinton in 2016 was in good faith. I thought it was the right thing to do. But I ended up in a bitter fight with #Bernie supporters whose progressive views I share. I regret it.

But we ALL have to look inside and own up. That's what I've done.

Peter Daou
@peterdaou
·
6h
That's why you don't see me attacking Hillary to ingratiate myself with anyone. That would be cheap and disingenuous.

All I can do is keep trying to grow and evolve. Because I have a fair number of followers on Twitter, it's a public process.

Hopefully it helps heal wounds.

General Strike It's Time
@patrickcook28
·
7h
Replying to
@peterdaou
100%

Also, please don't go down the path of Warren surrogate @cenkuygur
ignoring her obvious issues with trust/truth. It's been sad for us to watch.

cursed-dem'o'ween 🎃👻
@kallllisti
·
32m
Replying to
@peterdaou
Big of you to admit. Honestly getting a little misty thinking about how good it must feel to evolve in such a positive manner. We support you ✊🔥

#GayWaiterPaul2020
@PaulSorrentino3
·
7h
Replying to
@peterdaou
i don't have enough xanaxtinis to handle this peter -hillaryjesus

#BlackWomenForBernie2020
@LostDiva
·
6h
My remedy is always #Weed. lol
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2019 01:23 am
@Lash,
You do you because you like Trump a little too much.
Lash

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2019 05:31 am
@Olivier5,
I don’t like him one smidgen.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2019 06:35 am
@Lash,
Keep lying.
revelette3

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2019 08:35 am
@engineer,
It may be that Harris is just not a good political candidate, it might be more of stylistic thing that comes across as shallow in some ways. As for Buttigieg (would have hated to have that name all my life), I think he has two problems. One sadly is he openly gay with male husband(?) A lot of folks just not ready to accept that in a president even if they agree with homosexual civil rights in all else. (my dad is among them) Two, I haven't followed it closely but doesn't he have problems as a Mayor and blacks and fair justice for the black community (not sure how to phrase it)? And the rest just don't have any following as far as I can see, they may as well drop out without any further thinking about it.
hightor

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2019 09:31 am
@revelette3,
Is America Ready for Mayor Pete?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2019 09:40 am
Bern Notice is a production of the Bernie 2020 campaign. Please forward this on to your friends and tell them to subscribe. The views expressed here are solely of the bylined author.

Bernie has consistently posted strong polling numbers in Wisconsin — and now the state’s former GOP Gov. Scott Walker is telling news outlets that he fears Bernie winning the Democratic nomination because he believes Bernie may the best chance of any candidate to win the state back for Democrats in the 2020 election.

Walker: “I’m Most Concerned About Bernie”
In its story this morning on the pivotal role Wisconsin will play in the election, the Washington Post reports:

Wisconsinites “respond to authentic candidates. Of the three leading Democratic candidates, I’m most concerned about Bernie” winning the Democratic nomination, Walker says. “Like Trump, people believe Bernie is fighting for them. His ideas are the most extreme but he’s authentic. He doesn’t hide on the substance.”

Similarly, here’s McClatchy today:

The idea that Sanders would make the most formidable Trump foe in rural Wisconsin has at least one surprising Republican advocate.

“I worry about him the most because I think a lot of voters, particularly in the bubble, forget it’s more about a gut check than a policy list,” said Walker, the former governor, who emphasized that rural voters would be drawn to Trump’s authenticity and anti-establishment moxie. “It’s a gut-check thing.”

Wisconsin Polls: Bernie Is Crushing Trump
Polls show that Walker and Republicans are right to believe that Bernie is well positioned to win Wisconsin for Democrats in a general election.

Bernie won an overwhelming victory in the 2016 Wisconsin Democratic primary — and exit polls showed him winning 71 percent of independent voters there. That support continues to be seen in 2020 polls.

In 10 general election polls tracked by FiveThirtyEight, Bernie tops Trump in Wisconsin. That includes the most recent New York Times poll, which showed Bernie the only candidate defeating Trump in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan — the three previously Democratic states that delivered the 2016 election to Trump.

Bern after reading,

Sirota
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2019 03:00 pm
Bernie Sanders' Campaign Accuses Mainstream Media of Erasure
https://www.truthdig.com/articles/bernie-sanders-campaign-accuses-mainstream-media-of-erasure/
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2019 03:56 pm
@Olivier5,
You’re doing the lying good enough for both of us.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2019 08:06 pm
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 08:25 pm
Bernie and AOC tonight - Council Bluffs
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EI5JowoXsAA2K6p?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 09:16 pm
Alexandra Jaffe
@ajjaffe
·
Nov 7
New: A top aide to Tom Steyer in Iowa has privately offered local politicians campaign contributions in exchange for endorsing his White House bid. Multiple current & former lawmakers told me Pat Murphy, Steyer’s IA sr adviser, made the offer.

AP Exclusive: Steyer aide offered money for endorsements
apnews.com

———————
I hate cheating assholes.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2019 04:45 am
https://twitter.com/Pa1Lauren/status/1180345795167473664?s=20

Just a taste of the media attacks on Bernie.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2019 07:33 am
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EI6u5XlWsAAFflJ?format=jpg&name=medium
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2019 08:13 am
Purity Test = Derisive term applied to those who insist on integrity.