Can Anyone Help Me? My Parents Smoke Pot!! i NEED Advice!!

JPB

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 01:49 pm
I love it when old threads resurface and take on a new life. Like ehbeth, Ms Popular Prep was memorable to me from this thread and the other one she started at the same time. I stayed away from her new one because, hmmmm, it seemed like a good idea.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 01:53 pm
I love it when kids come back to "tell us like it is". And I am in a mood today! Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 02:43 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
I love it when kids come back to "tell us like it is". And I am in a mood today! Laughing

dang whippersnappers!

<shaking cane unsteadily in the general direction of those kids and their nutty ideas about turning their poor old folks in for trying to relax for 5 minutes>

in MY day when we saw our parents shooting herion, we knew it was none of our darn business.

why, sometimes they would get so high they'd nod off holding 3 or 4 lit cigarettes, and burn the house down! Did we complain? No - if our parents wanted to ride the white horse, we figured they knew what they were doing.

nowadays, parents can't even cross dress or eat "bad carbohydrates" without their kids getting on their backs.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 02:55 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

dang whippersnappers!

<shaking cane unsteadily in the general direction of those kids and their nutty ideas about turning their poor old folks in for trying to relax for 5 minutes>

in MY day when we saw our parents shooting herion, we knew it was none of our darn business.

why, sometimes they would get so high they'd nod off holding 3 or 4 lit cigarettes, and burn the house down! Did we complain? No - if our parents wanted to ride the white horse, we figured they knew what they were doing.

nowadays, parents can't even cross dress or eat "bad carbohydrates" without their kids getting on their backs.

You are baaaaaaaaaad Chai. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.............
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:22 pm
Id'a been GLAD if all they were doing was smokin that wacky tabaccy.

All our spoons were burned on the bottom, and do ya think it's FUN steppin' on those needles?

Sometimes they would eat for 3 or 4 days, then they'd sleep for like 36 hours.

They'd wake up really hungry, and eat so fast, pieces of hot dog would get stuck up their nose from the inside, and they'd have to blow them out.

(this happened to my ex-husband, really)
0 Replies

ralpheb

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 11:47 am
God also made hemlock, strictnine, mercury and tabacco.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 11:52 am
ralpheb wrote:

Right...so why is tabacco legal and weed not?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 11:53 am
ralpheb wrote:

Not a fan of god?
0 Replies

ralpheb

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 01:34 pm
not a fan of people using flawed logic to try and justify being a pothead. I'm more of a firm believer in Darwin. Let the stupid people kill themselves off. just don't take the innocents with them
0 Replies

quex144

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 11:39 pm
Marijuana cigarettes contain six to ten times the carcinogenic levels of tobacco cigarettes.

Marijuana speeds memory loss. Also, the majority of head and neck tumors are attributed directly to marijuana use, in addition to modern tobacco.

Almost everyone is aware of the deleterious effects of tobacco; marijuana, too, has its negative health risks, which, depending on the rate of use, equal and surpass those of tobacco.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 04:23 pm
quex144 wrote:
Marijuana cigarettes contain six to ten times the carcinogenic levels of tobacco cigarettes.

Marijuana speeds memory loss. Also, the majority of head and neck tumors are attributed directly to marijuana use, in addition to modern tobacco.

Almost everyone is aware of the deleterious effects of tobacco; marijuana, too, has its negative health risks, which, depending on the rate of use, equal and surpass those of tobacco.

Where in the world do you get your facts, quex144? Or do you just make 'em up as you go along? "Six to ten times the carcinogenic levels of tobacco"?? "majority of head and neck tumors are attributed directly to marijuana use"?? Unless you have some refernce material to back up any of that, those are absurdities of the highest ranking.

You really should give your brain a chance to process some information (this is called 'thinking') before you post any more drivel like that.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 04:29 pm
yeah, that one about the cigarettes...

it's not like anyone smokes like 2 packs of joints every day.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 08:26 am
Chai Tea wrote:
yeah, that one about the cigarettes...

it's not like anyone smokes like 2 packs of joints every day.

speak for yourself...I've been out of work....
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 09:38 am
MY God!!!
Did anybody actually help this poor kid?!!
She is 13 and clearly cares about her parents.
Im not morrally aaginst drug taking but if grown ups are still smoking drugs I see them as living in the past and very immature.Its something that students do and yet they are still p*ssing money down the drain on it.

I can honestly say I would hate to have Kate Moss and Pete Doherty as parents!!

What can I say Helplessteen, I have no advice as Ive never taken drugs and therefore my opinion is worthless in some peoples minds.
I hope you dont stress out about it too much.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 10:14 am
MG, many people helped helpless in their own way. This thread was initially posted with another one which set the tone for much of the interaction. Taken alone, some of the responses here sound unhelpful. They were not made in isolation, but were made in conjunction with her other thread.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 10:16 am
I hope the other thread helped out more!
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 10:29 am
Most parents I know grew up in the 60's and 70's and they still smoke pot once in a while. Don't turn your folks in. This would just create problems. In my youth I smoked prodigious amounts of herb. Now I just smoke on rare occasions. Has anyone on this thread never smoked pot?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 10:42 am
NickFun wrote:
Has anyone on this thread never smoked pot?

Me.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 10:54 am
Really MG??? That is unusual. Not that there's anything wrong with that...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 11:23 am
MG

I don't drink, I don't smoke pot.

But I did both in the past.
Drinking got me in trouble
Pot did not.
Sure that's just me, but really, someone who enjoys a joint now and again is no different than someone who enjoys a glass of wine.

A 13 year old receives messages how drugs are bad and evil and illegal and all, and this is the message they should be getting, because a kid has no business getting high.

There's a big difference between smoking crack or shooting up and smoking a joint.

It's like the difference between eating an occassional slice of choclate cake and really enjoying it, and stuffing yourself with junk food eveyday and feeling lousy and risking your health.

One thing I noticied the original poster said at one point was that his/her parents don't "work their butts off", or something like that.

Yeah right. To most 13 year olds (and I was one) adults don't work hard and aren't as nearly as smart as they are, and it's a mystery to them that grownups are able to survive the day.

I'm making a educated guess that the parents work, provide for their family, and they aren't the dregs of society.

I live in a nice neighborhood. Homes that are kept up, decent cars, people go to work in the morning.

But you walk around a few blocks on a nice Sunday morning, when the windows are open, you smell weed coming out of 2 or 3 windows, and these are houses that don't have kids or teens living in them.

Again, this young person was just totally over reacting.

You know that song "behind closed doors"?

I always loved that song, I think I was about 13 myself when I first heard it, and made me wonder what was going on in a lot of peoples lives.

This kid is going to learning a lot about what people do in their private lives in the next 15 or 20 years, and function fine in society, that's going to make her parents smoking a joint look like eating an ice cream sundae.
0 Replies