Can Anyone Help Me? My Parents Smoke Pot!! i NEED Advice!!

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 04:44 pm
You won't tell me, Andrew, that doctors can write? Laughing
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 04:45 pm
helplessteen has chosen an appropriate moniker.

Ya gotta give her that.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 04:47 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
You won't tell me, Andrew, that doctors can write? Laughing

Well, there have been several well-known novelists who had MD degrees, Walter. Smile
0 Replies

quex144

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 08:23 pm
If you despise the odor and the fact that you can find it with ease, I suggest, as others have, to discuss it with your parents. Continue with school work and your activities, though inform your parents about your feelings. It is an illegal substance, for sure, and your parents could use it for a variety of reasons, well-founded or otherwise; and, certainly, this should not bar you from expressing yourself thoroughly.

Just say no... Cool
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 08:30 pm
Hmm, I seem to recall a time when I was 13-14 and totally against the use of marijuana......but then I turned 15-16 and realized it wasn't so bad after all. "Anything in moderation"

Ben Harper-Burn One Down

Let us burn one
From end to end
And pass it over
To me my friend
Burn it long, we'll burn it slow
To light me up before I go

If you don't like my fire
Then don't come around
Cause I'm gonna burn one down
Yes I'm gonna burn one down

My choice is what I choose to do
And if I'm causing no harm
It shouldn't bother you
Your choice is who you choose to be
And if your causin' no harm
Then you're alright with me

Then don't come around

Herb the gift from the earth
And what's from the earth
Is of the greatest worth
So before you knock it try it first
You'll see it's a blessing
And not a curse

Then don't come around
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 08:50 pm
I wonder if Helplessteen is putting us on.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 08:54 pm
I was wondering that too JL.
0 Replies

quex144

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 09:03 pm
Yes, perhaps she is laughing it up with a spliff hanging off her lip. :wink:
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 09:03 pm
Pink Floyd is her/his avitar. Do you know any thirteen year olds that listen to pink Floyd?
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 09:08 pm
Well, I was 15, Amigo. But I bloody well knew Pink Floyd was tokin'. That was the whole appeal!

Razz

I find it hard to believe there are Pink Floyd fans who aren't or weren't stoners at some point.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 09:12 pm
Your different. Your a hipster. If you found your parents pot when you were thirteen you'd bring to our garage were the band was jamming and get the band stoned. Then you'd start dating the drummer and break the band up.
0 Replies

ralpheb

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 09:19 pm
I guess I lived in a different world. Pot wasn't around my school until I was very much in my late teens. And I was in my teenage years all during the 70's.
Of all the people I knew who were gettin stoned then, not a single one still does. Then again, some have died, some have killed themselves, some have gone to jail, some og killed themselves in jail.......
0 Replies

quex144

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 09:12 pm
A dire image for those that smoke... Confused

I am not a smoker, but all of my friends in secondary school smoked up as if it was the end of the world. Most of them continue to do it, which saddens me now that I think about it, and the end of their habit is nowhere near in sight. Godspeed to them.

Just say no. Cool
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 07:43 am
God made weed, man made beer. Who do you trust?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 08:20 am
Lady_07 wrote:
I'm graduating erly this year.
I will start going to medical school next year..... so the Doctor thing is not that far off. And if you ask a doctor what the side affects are they will tell you the same thing.

That's not what my doctor says.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 01:11 pm
"Pot is a plant that grows in the ground. If god didn't want it, it wouldn't be around......"
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 01:14 pm
Amigo wrote:
helplessteen wrote:
maybe you can shut up and LEAVE my disscussion i didn't ask for smart-ass replys i need help! OKAy! so i asked people for it!-ehbeth!
Ooooooo, ehbeth got moted. Laughing

That was why I remembered her so clearly when she returned with her more recent concern.

Once again - speaking to her parents seemed to be a good answer.

<should mark my calendar in anticipation of her next return>
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 01:24 pm
Lady_07 wrote:

I will start going to medical school next year..... so the Doctor thing is not that far off.

Only 10-12 years. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 01:42 pm
Lady_07 wrote:
People wounder why teens kill themself? Isn't is obvious they have parents like you. My statement below has nothing to do with religoius beliefs in anyway.

I hope that you have not lilistened to about half of what was said to you, there are alot of stupid/trashy, and pathetic excuses of humanbeings out there. I'm only 16 years old and I can guarante each and everone of you that I CAN (and will) give better adadvicehan the garbage that was posted on here. You are supposed to be so called "ADULTS"! And what do you do you turn around and bash her I quote " Maybe her parents smoke because she nosses in their stuff?" "pots not a big deal" The 13 year old girl has more sesincehan most of you do. I'd think about that if I wear you. This is not a funny moment or something to take lightly but maybe the reason for all the brainless remarks is because your all potheads and everything is so funny... It's a logical conclusion you support pot and think its "harmless". Marijuana is a hallasunage, has NO medical pepurposealters your peperception can cause panic attacks, cancer of the head, lung cancer, destroys brain cells, can cause sudden out burst of anger, aggreiveness It can destroy relationships. And lets face it who wants to put up with some one under the influence of Marijuana? Listen if you have sat down and talked with your "parents" about how your feelings are toward their little habit, and there is still no change then go to your school cocounselorr a teacher that you are close to and explain to them what is going on at home. This is alot to go ththrought 13, I'm VERY sorry you have to deal with it and on top of that put up with the remarks that people (if they can be called that) make on here.
Hope everything works out for you... take care

First of all, I'd think about spell check if I were you and try and refrain from childish remarks that only weaken your "adult" argument.

Secondly, pot is NOT a hallucinogenic. It does not cause head cancer. It can destroy relationships but not directly. Cigarettes and alcohol cause death, cancer, destroyed brain cells, and they are legal. Thought about that lately? Have you ever heard of a pot related death? No, but you've sure heard of alcohol related ones. I want you to note something little one.

In 2002, the leading causes of death in the US were heart disease (#1), cancer (#2) and stroke (#3). All of these have been proven to be linked to smoking cigarettes. Which, let me remind you, are legal. source You could argue that all those things are also caused by pot smoking, but that would be the smoke killing the people not the THC, which causes the high and makes the difference between a cigarette and a joint.

In 2003, there were 17,013 alcohol related car accidents in the US, 40% of all car related deaths. source And alcohol is legal. You will see the stat that 18% of those deaths have other factors involved but are generally combined with alcohol. If pot was such a threat, don't you think it would have it's own stat?

You are delusional and self righteous. Have you ever seen anyone high? There are very small chances of becoming angry or violent while high and a much higher incident of that while drunk. And we call all legally be drunk if we are over 21. Have you asked yourself why?

I think you are extremely rude for saying that we are not even human (the remarks that people (if they can be called that)) and ignorant to make such wild claims about the effects of pot. Where are you sources? I've never heard of such crazy things. You come back to me with proof and then we will have a discussion without your nasty name calling and juvenile remarks.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 01:44 pm
Ok, I somehow managed to just read through this entire thread and I am debating as to whether or not it is even a real story

It could be coincidental, but other than regular a2k users, most people that responded only posted one post on a2k... and never fought their opinions...

Also I have a 13 year old sister and I listen to her stories and at 13 that kind of stuff usually doesn't bother you... again this could just be the way she was raised and I could be wrong

Also, why is she snooping around so much, don't most 13 year old popular preppy kids have better things to do than go through their parents medical documents and pill prescriptions?

and if I am wrong, I apologize... and my advice would be... they are your parents, they accept you for who you are and if you love them then you will do the same for them...

It is not a big big deal and you should feel comfortable discussing it with them.... and if you can't, talk to someone you trust

As for involving the police, if you do this, their will be serious consequences that may affect your entire life, along with the lives of people around you... it is your choice to choose the actions that you feel are nescassery...
0 Replies