Can Anyone Help Me? My Parents Smoke Pot!! i NEED Advice!!

KaylieCribbs

Reply Wed 29 May, 2013 11:42 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
THe state!??? how is that any good you get to be with people who you don't know and could be rapists for all we know!
0 Replies

komr98

Reply Thu 30 May, 2013 11:56 am
@helplessteen,
Just talk to them about it and tell them it makes you feel uncomfortable. It might be a slightly awkward conversation, but I think it's necessary. I've had awkward conversations with my parents but it's always worth it and eventually we were able to talk aout almost anything without it being awkward
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2013 02:38 pm
@komr98,
komr98 wrote:
Just talk to them about it and tell them it makes you feel uncomfortable. It might be a slightly awkward conversation, but I think it's necessary. I've had awkward conversations with my parents but it's always worth it and eventually we were able to talk aout almost anything without it being awkward
I tried that, at the age of 4.
I thawt that if I told my father
that he was stinking me out,
he 'd abandon his smoking habit.
( I did not then know the concept of addiction.)
I was taken aback when he continued to smoke,
as if I had not said anything.

David
komr98

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 11:40 am
@OmSigDAVID,
All parents are different. I've had the same experience (talking to my dad about quitting smoking) and got the same result as you. But maybe her parents would make an active effort. Ya never know...
0 Replies

EthansAwesome14

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 12:41 am
@helplessteen,
I just found out my mom smokes pot. At first I cared but now I know I can wave it over her head. "Whats that? I got bad grades? At least I'm not a stoner."
0 Replies

kscott88

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 11:54 am
@helplessteen,
Pot isnt a big deal, haha my parents are complete potheads yet they go to work and pay bills on the house car everything. Were it to be meth, or heroin iu shouldnt worry hell sit down smoke a blunt youll realize
0 Replies

bobo123

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2014 04:11 pm
@helplessteen,
I would call the police
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2014 05:30 pm
Wow. This thread is um, over 7 years old. I think the poster is at the very least, no longer a teen.
chai2

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2014 06:22 pm
@Bella Dea,
There's another thread going on Bella, where a teenagers parents are on the pot and they yell at him for putting food in his mouth, then taking it out of his own mouth, and putting it back in.

Stupid parents.
0 Replies

slgaringer

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 01:57 am
@helplessteen,
a lot of people smoke pot and it doesn't have to be a bad thing... I liked what someone posted earlier about what is your home life like? are you well taken care of? do you have what you want/need? are you happy? that's what really matters. I don't think that smoking weed is a bad thing. Some people even have prescriptions for it for legitimate reasons. My son found my weed and made big fuss about it. It was very uncomfortable but I don't want to make a fuss about it. I don't want him to either and for the record he is NOT allowed to do it period. He's young and he's still growing and he's not ready. He can't even do his homework on time there's now way he's allowed to smoke. I stand by this... love them let them love you. It's all going to be ok I promise.
0 Replies

slgaringer

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 01:59 am
@helplessteen,
they deny it because they are trying to protect you. They are actually setting a good example by lying believe it or not. I would lie through my teeth to make sure my kid does not use my life against me and use it for his benefit. Please believe me they are protecting you by not telling you. They are being good parents. that's a good sign. It means they aren't abusing it most likely.
chai2

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 03:02 pm
@slgaringer,
You do realize that this thread was from back in 2005, don't you?
0 Replies

Shawn909

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2014 05:45 pm
@helplessteen,
This is very disturbing. If you tell someone you will get your parents in trouble but then again, it isn't right that they are doing this. Is it legal where you live?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 07:49 pm
My parents never smoked pot but they smoked tobacco which was almost as bad because I grew up in a stinking fog..Smile

PS- hey Helplessteen, if your parents ever try to bully you or tell you what to do (like parents do), just threaten to turn them in to the cops for being junkies, and they won't ever dare bully you again..Smile
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 08:02 pm
I think you'll find in the bible that Judas didn't snitch on Jesus because he was a junkie..Smile
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 04:51 pm
Quote:
Guru said to Romeo: quit makeing excues and remove the plank form your eye

What is it that I'm not seeing?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 30 May, 2014 02:55 pm
Quote:
Helplessteen said in the thread starter post: my parents smoke pot. I'm not sure what to do. Do I call someone? Do I tell anyone?

You posted that in 2005, so what's happened in the 9 years since then, did you call the cops on 'em or what?
0 Replies

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 08:59 pm
Hi. Mine smoke also. I am 15 now and found out when I was 13. They think I am oblivious to life or something because they try to hide it from me, but I've known for a while. In May, my grandparents found out about them smoking pot. They found out that I hardly ever talked to them because they stayed in their bedroom a majority of the time, and when they came out their eyes were always red, they were always having coughing fits, and always acting so slow. They were not sleeping at night and losing a ton of weight and not eating as much as normal. It drove me crazy. I would cry and cry and cry about it. I could never wash my own clothes because our laundry room was linked to their bedroom and I could never get to it because they would never let me in there. They always locked it. Once my grandparents tried to get custody of me, they quit. They just recently started again and I can't deal with it. It's driving me crazy and I don't know what to do or who to talk to about it. They still think I don't know and am an idiot, but of course I know. I don't know if I should tell my grandparents because I know it will just cause problems. I can't stand hearing my parents coughing because they are smoking pot. I can always hear them when they do it and I can't help but cry. The fact that they started again after I already almost got taken, makes me think that they don't care whether or not I'm here or not. They could care less about me and I don't know what to do. I can't stay here with them doing this. I feel like they don't care about me at all. What do I do?
0 Replies

TheCosmicPenguin

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 06:52 pm
@helplessteen,
I found out my dad smokes pot. It could jeopardize his marriage and job and he has been doing it, as well as drinking heavily, since high school. My mom has opened up to me about it, but he still won't admit it. He's been through counciling and support groups. He dosent think I know, but I've caught him outside a few times, and I figured it out when I was 8. I'm now 12. I know exactly how you feel. People think it's a good way to let loose and that they deserve it, but pot destroys the part of your brain that motivates you to do things, as well as the chemicals that naturally make you happy. The best way to deal with it is to ask another trusted adult for advice, someone who you can trust. Not a friend, an adult. Try to ask them about it. Never try to do anything like hiding it. They'll just get mad and you'll be in an even worse situation. Then, talk to yourself and accept that it isn't your fault, they still love you, there is nothing you can do to change it, and that it's not okay for you to do it too. Kids try to emirate their parents, but you should NEVER try a dangerous substance.
chai2

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 07:02 pm
@TheCosmicPenguin,
12 my ass.
0 Replies