A very sick 6 years old boy

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2018 03:17 am
Hi everybody, One of my relative'son has been very sick for days . Tonsills problem always. Sever fever and he is weak. Now the main issue here is that the father hates antibiotics .He is convinced that they are no good for immume system.
So, I dont know what to say ?
What do you think of antiniotics?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,185 • Replies: 6

jespah

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2018 07:03 am
@navigator,
My opinion doesn't matter. And neither does yours or the child's father's.

The doctor's opinion matters.

Hesitating is only making this child suffer.
Linkat

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2018 08:26 am
@navigator,
Bring the child to a doctor - I agree in part with the father - there is an overuse of antibiotics, however, there are some things that are absolutely necessary to have an antibiotics.

Strep throat can develop into scarlet fever which can lead to deaf/blindness and even death.

Would the father prefer the above to have a slightly weaken immune system?
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2018 08:33 am
@navigator,
I'm definitely pro antibiotics (if they are used literally as directed and not abused for the slightest of papercuts, etc...).

If the father really wants to avoid antibiotics, he can have his son's tonsils removed. That would address the long term problem but not the immediate illness at hand.
navigator

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2018 02:58 am
@jespah,
and that is what I keep telling my wife.Maybe he has apoint but it is not the way he should be dealing with the kid.
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2018 03:03 am
@Linkat,
I agree. Doctors say that it is not right for kids to have this severe tonsilitis many time in a year . This happened with my daughter and I ended up removing them . At least he should give some helper like lemons or honey.
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2018 03:05 am
@tsarstepan,
I myself dont think of antibiotics in the first visit . But I know for sure that eventually I will go for them.
0 Replies