Can Anyone Help Me? My Parents Smoke Pot!! i NEED Advice!!

papasmurf64

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 09:41 pm
@helplessteen,
im the same age and my parents know i know and they talk to me about it. its not really a big deal. its not going to kill them or harm them or anything.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 09:51 pm
@papasmurf64,
Quote:
its not going to kill them or harm them or anything.

Says who? It causes cancer, especially brain and throat cancer.
NickFun

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 03:21 pm
@Green Witch,
The jury is still out on that one Green Witch.
Green Witch

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 10:12 pm
@NickFun,
Not exactly. I have a relative, in the medical field, who has been working with University of Davis to focus on the long term effects of smoking pot. They've mostly looked at people who have been using pot since the 1960's and would now be over the age of 50. The brain cancer connection is extremely clear. The damage to T-cells is far more pronounced than tobacco. Less lung cancer, but more throat and brain. If the data isn't published publicly this year, it will be next.
0 Replies

POTSMOKER

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 04:52 pm
@helplessteen,
SMOKE THAT SHIIIIITTT
djjd62

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 04:55 pm
@POTSMOKER,
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

POTSMOKER

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 04:55 pm
SMOKE IT BITCH SMOKE SMOKE GET HIIIIIIIIGHHHHHHHH TIL I DIE
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 04:56 pm
dude, you're so wasted
POTSMOKER

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 04:57 pm
FCK YOUUUUUUUUUUU
0 Replies

POTSMOKER

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 04:57 pm
@djjd62,
NAH I AINT IM JUST HAPPY AS A MUTHA FUCKA
0 Replies

POTSMOKER

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 04:58 pm
@djjd62,
WHY YOU SUCH A NIGGA WIT ATTITUDE
0 Replies

plantress

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 05:25 pm
I am so happy to see this post regurgitated! It was the one that made me laugh so hard that I joined!
0 Replies

n2phj007

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 02:51 pm
@helplessteen,
LIGHT ONE UP
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 06:55 pm
Huh? Did you guys say something?
0 Replies

jellibean214

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 08:02 pm
@helplessteen,
Omg i am in the same position!! i am 13 and i dont want to turn them in. Alot of times my mom is in her room with the door lockd so i knock and i wait for 5 mins then she comes out and i can smell it. I hate it and i dont know what to do. It sorta helps me though cause i can talk to m older sister. i would suggest you talk to a sibling if you have one? Hope i can help. maybe we could get through this togther. Always here.
maporsche

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 08:06 pm
@jellibean214,
Turn her in. Call the cops. Do it now.

Seriously.
cutebutnerdy

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2009 09:16 am
@maporsche,
I am a pot smoking mom... There was a time when I would smoke all day. I stopped that and now it is something I do after bedtime or on the weekend. I am a more mellow mom now that I do smoke weed . I enjoy getting on the floor and playing with my sons, zoning out to a video game with em, watching movies, or perhaps getting the munchies, and baking some cookies. All harmless and fun activities that enrich my kiddos life.
There is a flipside as well. Pot mostly makes you lazy and forgetful. My house wasn't as clean and I would forget their school projects until the last minute. That in mind, I Quit smoking pot during the school week in the daytime.
In short I am a good mom ( a stay at home mom no less) one who puts her children first. I am not absentee parent who works all day and sends her kids to daycare, which in my book is a whole lot more harmful to society.
DO NOT TURN YOUR FOLKS IN!!!! TRY TALKING TO THEM INSTEAD AND EXAMINE YOUR LIFE FROM A RATIONAL POINT OF VIEW! if you have a hard time with that, try asking your parents for perspective.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2009 12:29 pm
@helplessteen,
YOU would be best off avoiding drugs altogether. As for your parents...

150 years ago there were no drug laws in America and there were no serious or meaningful drug problems. Nobody should need to be Albert Einstein to figure that one out. The laws are basically idiotic and you're not going to be able to go through life, particularly in or around any sort of college, and not observe people doing at least the milder kinds of drugs.

0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2009 12:33 pm
It has been 4 years since the boy posted this question. I'm sure that by now he has grown up and accepted his parents drug use. He's probably a junior in college by now.
0 Replies

jjj111

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2009 11:06 am
@helplessteen,
Smoking pot is not indicative of anything wrong, any more so than having the occasional drink is. The only difference is they fall on opposite sides of the law. I'm not sure where you're from, but just about anywhere outside of the US, nobody cares about people smoking pot. You've been brainwashed into thinking your parents are doing something wrong, unfortunately. There are many resources available on the internet; take the opportunity to educate yourself before you decide on a course of action.
0 Replies