Can Anyone Help Me? My Parents Smoke Pot!! i NEED Advice!!

Skimpynachos

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 12:53 pm
Hey.
My mom smokes pot as well, and I found out when I was 12. It hurt at first because my whole outlook on her changed, and then I started learning half of my family does it, i blamed myself for awhile (thinking i couldnt make her as happy as it did) , and from there i started hating her, and from there i started hating her friends because they did it with her. I've grown since then, im 17 now,and Here's what i've learned-
Pot in itself isn't bad in most respects. Even though my mom does drugs it doesn't mean she is a bad person or that i wasn't good enough. Never think that it's your fault. research research research, it'll help you understand the substance in itself. remember that there is worse, and that they treat you good and that in some odd years you can escape this if it becomes too bad by moving away. Chances are unless you tell people, this wont make YOU look bad, if it really matters to you. Hell, try it as well and see why they do it. I tried only twice but it isn't my cup of tea and i dont think i will again.
If you think they'll go to hell for it....no, it's not sinning, they are simply smoking or maybe even eating a plant God put on the earth. It's just a dried out version haha. Things like alcohol and cigerettes that drain people of their health and money-all man made.
My mom smoking pot has effected my life negatively in some ways: like we never have any money to go and buy nice things even though my mom gets a large amount of money from the government for my brother's dad's death cuz he was in the army every month, or she forgets things i tell her repeatedly, and that she is ALWAYS high, and has a very selfish attitude, and that my little brother now does it. It has benefited though- i dont get in trouble a lot and like i said, she forgets things. She is usually laid back and hates confrontation so although no problems get solved, they are easily forgotten by her. Good and bad, depends on how you see it.
Your parents doing drugs is a very life changing thing, but don't let it ruin who you are or who you want to be. It's THEIR choice and as long as it isn't crossing your path, you shouldn't worry too much about it and there isn't anything you can do to change it that won't affect you negatively. Pot isn't the worse they can do, you have to admit that at least. Hang in there Smile

It'll be ok.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 01:30 pm
@Skimpynachos,
Skimpynachos wrote:

Hey.
My mom smokes pot as well, and I found out when I was 12. It hurt at first because my whole outlook on her changed, and then I started learning half of my family does it, i blamed myself for awhile (thinking i couldnt make her as happy as it did) , and from there i started hating her, and from there i started hating her friends because they did it with her. I've grown since then, im 17 now,and Here's what i've learned-
Pot in itself isn't bad in most respects. Even though my mom does drugs it doesn't mean she is a bad person or that i wasn't good enough. Never think that it's your fault. research research research, it'll help you understand the substance in itself. remember that there is worse, and that they treat you good and that in some odd years you can escape this if it becomes too bad by moving away. Chances are unless you tell people, this wont make YOU look bad, if it really matters to you. Hell, try it as well and see why they do it. I tried only twice but it isn't my cup of tea and i dont think i will again.
If you think they'll go to hell for it....no, it's not sinning, they are simply smoking or maybe even eating a plant God put on the earth. It's just a dried out version haha. Things like alcohol and cigerettes that drain people of their health and money-all man made.
My mom smoking pot has effected my life negatively in some ways: like we never have any money to go and buy nice things even though my mom gets a large amount of money from the government for my brother's dad's death cuz he was in the army every month, or she forgets things i tell her repeatedly, and that she is ALWAYS high, and has a very selfish attitude, and that my little brother now does it. It has benefited though- i dont get in trouble a lot and like i said, she forgets things. She is usually laid back and hates confrontation so although no problems get solved, they are easily forgotten by her. Good and bad, depends on how you see it.
Your parents doing drugs is a very life changing thing, but don't let it ruin who you are or who you want to be. It's THEIR choice and as long as it isn't crossing your path, you shouldn't worry too much about it and there isn't anything you can do to change it that won't affect you negatively. Pot isn't the worse they can do, you have to admit that at least. Hang in there Smile

It'll be ok.

SO STIPULATED.
In a worst case scenario, what were u afraid might happen ?

David
toocoolforyou

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 06:19 pm
@helplessteen,
There is no way that your parents are going to hell for smoking pot. Pot is better than alcohol or cigarettes, and they are both legal. I think you need to calm down about this and realize that it really is not that big of a deal.
toocoolforyou

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 06:32 pm
@Lady 07,
Actually, it doesn't kill brain cells.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 11:04 pm
@toocoolforyou,
toocoolforyou wrote:

There is no way that your parents are going to hell for smoking pot.
Pot is better than alcohol or cigarettes, and they are both legal.
I think you need to calm down about this and realize that it really is not that big of a deal.

With the exceptions of suicides and atheists,
people who have returned from death (usually in hospitals)
have reported no problems.

The substances that u mentioned were not deemed worthy of comment.

David
0 Replies

livelifelove 17

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 07:18 pm
@helplessteen,
Ask them about it thats what I did now I Get high with them... There are alot of preppy people that smoke pot. Chill out your friends will think you have kick ass parents
0 Replies

girlnextdoor14

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 02:13 pm
@helplessteen,
OMG i just turned 14 and im reeeeally sketchy right now i just found some today! I like scared and sketched and confuse and scared, i dont know what to do. it goes like this, i always smelled something, I liked that smell , i never knew what it was, i thought it was just cigarrette smoke cuz they smoke but now that im old i know what the hell it is and i found it im sooooooooooopo scared right now , before i didnt find it i was thinking of asking them if they smoked it because i could smell it and i no what tht smell is , but after today im just freaked :.(
NickFun

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 03:02 pm
@girlnextdoor14,
Relax girl. I have a 26 year old son and I toke sometimes. Chill out.
0 Replies

RadAndRandom

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 03:32 pm
@Zassou Kitsuensha,
Quote:
Ask them if you can join,

Wow.... I think A2K is not the best place for advice, sometimes....
If Zassou Kitsuensha ENCOURAGES a smart girl who is against marijuana to join her foolish parents while they smoke it.. then I will definitely be careful when I ask for advice on this forum.... Some people do not realize what their advice can do.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 03:37 pm
@RadAndRandom,
Don't be too dismissive of a2k as a responsible community. Keep in mind that the person in which you chosen to as an example wrote this posting ...
Quote:
Wed 5 Oct, 2005 10:55 pm

Relative decades ago in terms of internet forum time scales.
JPB

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 03:45 pm
@tsarstepan,
I chuckle every time this thread gets reborn. It's a classic! I wonder whatever happened to ole helpless...
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 03:55 pm
@RadAndRandom,
RadAndRandom wrote:
Quote:
Ask them if you can join,

Wow.... I think A2K is not the best place for advice, sometimes....
If Zassou Kitsuensha ENCOURAGES a smart girl who is against marijuana to join her foolish parents while they smoke it.. then I will definitely be careful when I ask for advice on this forum.... Some people do not realize what their advice can do.

Rad, your assertion falsely implies that the denizens of this forum all share the same values and opinions;
that notion is inconsistent with the fact.

David
0 Replies

RadAndRandom

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 04:27 pm
@Green Witch,
Quote:
They probably gave her to a gay couple.

Ahahahahahhahahaha. Laughing Ahah. Hahh. *clears throat*
Hahahahahahahahahahahhaha. Probably. Razz

---

And pbbttt to the rest of you.
I have no idea what tsartsepan is trying to say,
And OmsigDavid, it is not just my beliefs that I am talking about here, it is common sense. Who in the world would call themselves a decent person and believe they are giving good advice, when they tell a girl who is against drugs, to go and do them with her parents (who she is not happy with BECAUSE they are using drugs)?
0 Replies

momtoHallie

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 12:11 am
@helplessteen,
Well in my own personal opinion there is no harm in parents that smoke marijuana as long as it does not negatively affect the child.There is a huge difference between "pot heads" and people that smoke marijuana recreationally or for medical reasons. I fall into the category of recreational AND medical user.I am so tired of the people that say marijuana is horrible and evil and so on and so forth.Like any drug marijuana can be abused but like i said so can ANY drug example; hydrocodine,Oxycontin,adderall,vicodin,zanex,cigarettes,alcohol.What about the millions of overweight people that are slowly killing themselves by not being able to put down the dang cheese burger? Lot of health issues there. I know that people say these are legal and to them i say so what people still abuse them and still buy them illegally., overdose on them, and become addicted to them for life.How many people died last year because of marijuana and how many died because of all the "legal" substances we have... Marijuana is NOT a gateway drug in fact most people have tried cigarettes,alcohol or caffeine before smoking marijuana and hey guess what those are ALL drugs! For those of you that still want to fight marijuana because it's illegal well you can just shut your mouths because I'm sure most of you break laws on a daily basis example; speeders (yup they cause a lot of deaths too),jay walker,failure to come to a complete stop, driving without insurance ect....In the words of John Stassel "give me a break".If this truely bothers you confront them and tell them how you feel but DON'T TURN THEM IN IF THEY ARE GOOD PARENTS!!!!!

I am a famtastic mom (or so everyone tells me) and a marijuana smoker and you bet your butt that if i felt I was hurting her or taking away from my child in anyway I would stop in a heartbeat because first and foremost I am a mother!
0 Replies

mom1

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 10:45 am
@helplessteen,
I can't believe the creeps who responded to you, barely a teen, in defense of your selfish parents. Last time I checked, pot was illegal and has very damaging health consequences. Of course a bunch of potheads wrote to you. Your parents are behaving like juvenile delinquents. What a shame. You are a brave and decent kid and deserve more than a bunch of users telling you to chill. You have ethics and deserve honest parents who obey the law and set an example for their child, so that you don't follow suit and endanger your own health. You are clearly the only adult in your household. Stay strong, stand your ground, keep yourself well and legal and healthy and legal. There is a better way.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 10:47 am
@mom1,
mom1 wrote:

I can't believe the creeps who responded to you, barely a teen, in defense of your selfish parents. Last time I checked, pot was illegal and has very damaging health consequences. Of course a bunch of potheads wrote to you. Your parents are behaving like juvenile delinquents. What a shame. You are a brave and decent kid and deserve more than a bunch of users telling you to chill. You have ethics and deserve honest parents who obey the law and set an example for their child, so that you don't follow suit and endanger your own health. You are clearly the only adult in your household. Stay strong, stand your ground, keep yourself well and legal and healthy and legal. There is a better way.

First, you're responding to a 5 year old post. I doubt the person is going to read it.

Second, what 'very damaging' health consequences are you referring to? I smoke pot on a regular basis, and my doctor sure can't seem to find anything to criticize about it.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 02:27 pm
Oh my god, the thread has resurfaced again.

Do people not read time stamps?
imprettymuchaburnout

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2010 09:41 am
@helplessteen,
dude, chill the **** out...thats awesome that your parents toke, you should totally pack a bowl with them! ill join your family anyday...just take the giant stick outta your ass!
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2010 09:46 am
@imprettymuchaburnout,
You do realize you answered a 5 year old post right?

It's dated Mon 28 Mar, 2005 04:13 pm. The likelihood that person is still living at home or that person will answer your reply since he or she hasn't been back since his or her last posting at Sun 20 Nov, 2005 09:40 pm is highly unlikely.

Either way... welcome to a2k.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2010 09:48 am
@Bella Dea,
It's a Zombie thread. Truly unkillable!