For all Trump supporters

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2018 10:29 pm
@Setanta,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump "Racial views of Donald Trump

Donald Trump, the President of the United States, has a history of making racially controversial remarks and taking actions widely seen as playing upon racial anxieties in the United States.[1][2][3] Trump has denied accusations of racism by saying, "I am not a racist. I'm the least racist person you will ever interview".[4].
In 1973, Trump and his company Trump Management were sued by the U.S. Department of Justice for housing discrimination against black renters—a lawsuit which, according to Trump, he settled without an admission of guilt.[5][6][7]
In 2011, Trump became the leading proponent of the already discredited "Birtherism" conspiracy theory that President Barack Obama was not born in the US, and he repeated the claim for the following five years.[8][9] He was accused of racism for maintaining, as late as 2016, that a group of black and Latino teenagers were guilty of raping a white woman in the Central Park jogger case, although an imprisoned serial rapist had confessed in 2002 to raping the jogger alone, and DNA evidence confirmed his guilt.[10][11][12]
Trump launched his 2016 presidential campaign with a speech in which he stated that some Mexican undocumented immigrants are criminals, rapists, or people who bring in drugs. He then stated "some, I assume, are good people". This speech was controversial and, as a result, Trump was accused of calling all Mexican immigrants "rapists" or "criminals".[13][14] Later, his comments about a Mexican-American judge were criticized as racist. He tweeted fake statistics claiming that black Americans are responsible for the majority of murders of whites, and in some speeches he linked African-Americans and Hispanics with violent crime.[15] During his presidency, comments he made following a far-right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia were perceived as implying a moral equivalence between violence used by white supremacist marchers and violence used by those who protested against them. In 2018, during an Oval Office meeting about immigration reform, he referred to El Salvador, Haiti, and African countries as "shitholes"; this comment was internationally condemned as racist.[16][17][18]
Trump's controversial statements have been condemned by many observers in the U.S. and around the world,[6][19][20] but excused by his supporters either as a rejection of political correctness[21][22] or because they harbor similar racial sentiments.[23][24] Several studies and surveys have stated that racist attitudes and racial resentment have fueled Trump's political ascendance, and have become more significant than economic factors in determining party allegiance of voters.[24][25] According to an October 2017 Politico/Morning Consult poll, 45% of American voters view Trump as racist and 40% do not.[26]"
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2018 12:10 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:
I'm pretty certain you know of Trump's racism but are too loyal to question him.

So, if he is a racist, why can you not give me one single instance of his racism? And please, don't link me to some article listing 20 things in someone else's words that it would take me hours to check. Just give me one and only one example of his racism.

This proves that he is not a racist:

https://www.loc.gov/
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2018 12:23 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:
I'm pretty certain you know of Trump's racism but are too loyal to question him.

So, if he is a racist, why can you not give me one single instance of his racism? And please, don't link me to some article listing 20 things in someone else's words that it would take me hours to check. Just give me one and only one example of his racism.

This proves that he is not a racist:

https://www.loc.gov/

Can you post a specific page from that site that remotely addresses the topic in question? I posted one eyewitness account. You, not so much.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2018 01:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
All the evidence about Trump's racism is quite clear. His speech about Mexicans being "criminals and rapists," and his illegal ban on "all Muslims entering our country," are all part and parcel of Trump's racism. Beyond all that, Trump pushed the birther idea against Obama for five years claiming Obama was born in Kenya. He also wanted five innocent black kids executed for a crime they did not commit. Trump is a dangerous psycho who fails to respect human life. Trump is also a pathological liar. https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2018/10/21/577626/US-Senator-Bernie-Sanders-Donald-Trump Also, https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-memo-migrant-caravan-border-troops-1226945 "DONALD TRUMP SIGNS AUTHORIZATION FOR BORDER TROOPS USING LETHAL FORCE AS MIGRANT CARAVAN APPROACHES, DOCUMENT REVEALS". Trump never understood what this country stood for, and what the Statue of Liberty represents.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2018 01:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
His racism is obvious, to reasonable people. It's just the fanatics, who ignore the obvious so they can press the lies, who refuse to accept that truth. Their loyalty to a dogma of lies and self delusion is what keeps the right wingers in business.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2018 02:04 pm
@edgarblythe,
But they are shrinking - especially under Don Trump. Trump and our economy. One has to do with President Trump’s trade war with China. While the Trump administration has been talking about China for months, it upped the ante in late September by slapping a 10% duty on $200 billion worth of Chinese consumer goods. The China tariffs are expected to jump to 25% in January. The trade stand-off could hurt both the U.S. and Chinese companies, by raising production costs and crimping consumer spending. As the U.S. stock market dropped this week, China’s two main stock markets were hit even harder, with Shenzhen tumbling 6.5% and Shanghai down 5.2%.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2018 03:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Trump is a racist's hero. Any one who defends him on this issue does so because they are themselves racists.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2018 05:21 pm
@RABEL222,
Trump was not shy about exposing his racial bigotry and lies. I assume the majority of Trump supporters are either bigots themselves or they approve of Trump's economy. https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-stock-market-barack-obama-1226923 U.S.
DONALD TRUMP’S STOCK MARKET GAINS HAVE FALLEN SHORT OF GROWTH UNDER BARACK OBAMA
BY NICOLE GOODKIND ON 11/21/18 AT 2:48 PM https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/02/opinions/trump-family-lies-expose-fraud-dantonio/index.html "Trump is exposed as the fraud that he is
By Michael D'Antonio
Updated 8:27 PM ET, Tue October 2, 2018"
0 Replies

old europe
  Selected Answer

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2018 02:53 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Quote:
Trump has been repeatedly made denigrating, racist remarks. He has repeatedly exhibited racist behavior. He has repeatedly sided with racists.

I have to call you on this.
Please list specific examples of Trump making racist comments.
Not generalities, but specific examples.

Sure, mysteryman. Thanks for asking.

I'm not sure we necessarily agree on definitions, so let's see if we agree on some general terms.

I believe that if a person is holding the belief that someone is incapable of doing their job merely because of the color of their skin or their ethnicity or country of origin, that person is probably a racist. Holding the belief that a certain group of people is more prone to violent or criminal behavior merely because of the color of their skin or their ethnicity or country of origin? Probably racist. Refusing to do business with someone merely based on the color of their skin or their ethnicity or country of origin? I'd say that's racist. Holding an entire group of people responsible for the actions of a few people of the same color of skin or ethnicity or national origin? I'm pretty sure that's racist.

So to me, personally, a racist comment isn't necessarily just a comment that includes a "bad word" about a specific group of people. It's also any comment that clearly shows that someone firmly believes in the superiority of white people, or in the inferiority of people of color or of a different ethnicity or origin.

So let's see if we are generally in agreement here, and then I'm very happy to point to specific examples.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2018 09:51 pm
@old europe,
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/12/racism-and-donald-trump-a-common-thread-throughout-his-career-and-life From the Guardian. "Racism and Donald Trump: a common thread throughout his career and life.
The US president’s ‘shithole’ remarks referring to countries in Africa and elsewhere should come as no surprise to anyone familiar with Trump’s past." Trump also has a history of bigotry in NYC where he did not rent any of his apartments to blacks. He lied about Obama's birthplace for five years, declaring he was born in Kenya, and not qualified to be president. If people are still blind to Trump's bigotry, they have a huge problem in understanding bigotry and facts, and their ignorance about what America is all about. Trump wanted to ban all Muslims from entering our country until a federal judge overruled him. Trump has always been ignorant about the US Constitution, and the Statue of Liberty. It doesn't get any worse for a racial bigot who declares his bigotry in the open.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2018 12:20 am
Hey Brandon or mysteryman, either one of you guys wanting to jump back into this conversation? Seems like we just got started....
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2018 06:44 pm
@old europe,
old europe wrote:
Hey Brandon or mysteryman, either one of you guys wanting to jump back into this conversation? Seems like we just got started....

I agree with the proviso that quoting statistics can never be racist. Now, give me one and only one example, in your own words, that president Trump is a racist.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2018 07:55 pm
It's incredibly stupid to claim nobody has shown evidence of Trump's racism, when it is in countless posts here and thousands of news articles. It's the equivalent of the anti evolutionists, who can just say, "Is not," every time anything gets said. Not worth responding to.
maporsche

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2018 08:44 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

old europe wrote:

I agree with the proviso that quoting statistics can never be racist.

That's just silly.

Who gathers/measures the statistic could be racist.
The method of gathering may be racist.
What the statistics measure could be racist.
The person quoting the statistics could be racist.

How a person interprets a statistic they are quoting could definitely be racist.
How a person quotes a statistic to advance an agenda or worldview could definitely be racist.

The number 1 isn't racist.
Saying that the white race is the number 1 race in the world and the rest of the shithole races are inferior....well is racist.

See?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2018 12:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Just give me one and only one example of his racism.

Here's two. Trump: "Mexicans are criminals and rapists." "Ban all Muslims from entering the US until we know what the hell is going on!"
Brandon9000

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2018 08:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
It's incredibly stupid to claim nobody has shown evidence of Trump's racism, when it is in countless posts here and thousands of news articles. It's the equivalent of the anti evolutionists, who can just say, "Is not," every time anything gets said. Not worth responding to.

And yet, somehow, you cannot quote one and only one example of him being a racist in your own words no matter how many times it is requested of you.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2018 08:35 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

old europe wrote:

I agree with the proviso that quoting statistics can never be racist.

...Saying that the white race is the number 1 race in the world and the rest of the shithole races are inferior....well is racist.

See?

That isn't a statistic. A statistic is the result of an attempt to measure a population by measuring a sample (or the whole population, if it is small enough).
Brandon9000

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2018 08:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Quote:
Just give me one and only one example of his racism.

Here's two. Trump: "Mexicans are criminals and rapists." "Ban all Muslims from entering the US until we know what the hell is going on!"

1. He didn't ever say the first of those quotations. If you disagree, give me a link to it.

2. As for the second quotation, being a Muslim is not a race. If you can convert to it and can convert from it, it isn't a race.

However, in view of the number of fatal attacks committed in the past few years by Muslim extremists, banning them temporarily from entering the country would have been a debatable point. I may be going out on a limb here, but I think there was something about the dead and maimed bodies flying through the air that he considered undesirable. Anyway, as I assume you know, he eventually settled on a temporary ban on people from parts of the world which are hotbeds of Islamic extremism and from which adequate biographical paperwork on would be visitors is not usually available.
Setanta

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2018 09:41 pm
@Brandon9000,
For someone who never backs up his pro-Plump bullshit, you've got a gall to demand that others provide you links.
neptuneblue

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2018 10:36 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

1. He didn't ever say the first of those quotations. If you disagree, give me a link to it.

2. As for the second quotation, being a Muslim is not a race. If you can convert to it and can convert from it, it isn't a race.

However, in view of the number of fatal attacks committed in the past few years by Muslim extremists, banning them temporarily from entering the country would have been a debatable point. I may be going out on a limb here, but I think there was something about the dead and maimed bodies flying through the air that he considered undesirable. Anyway, as I assume you know, he eventually settled on a temporary ban on people from parts of the world which are hotbeds of Islamic extremism and from which adequate biographical paperwork on would be visitors is not usually available.

Here's your link: https://www.newsday.com/news/nation/donald-trump-speech-debates-and-campaign-quotes-1.11206532

1.QUOTE: "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

WHEN AND WHERE: Trump made the remarks as he announced his run for the Republican nomination for president at Trump Tower Atrium in Manhattan on June 16, 2015 -- setting the tone for an unpredictable and polarizing campaign.

2.QUOTE: "Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on. According to Pew Research, among others, there is great hatred towards Americans by large segments of the Muslim population."

WHEN AND WHERE: Written statement on Dec. 7, 2015. Trump spoke that evening about his proposal during a rally aboard the aircraft carrier USS Yorktown in Mount Pleasant, S.C.

3.Donald Trump’s new ‘Muslim ban’ still does not include countries that have produced terrorists

Executive order excludes Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Egypt

Rachael Revesz New York @RachaelRevesz
Monday 6 March 2017 18:13

Donald Trump’s new executive order, banning immigrants and refugees from six Muslim-majority countries, still excludes countries which sent terrorists came to the US.

The newly-worded travel ban does not include Saudi Arabia, Egypt or the United Arab Emirates - all countries with which Mr Trump did business and from where the 9/11 plane hijackers came.

At a press conference on Monday, Attorney General Jeff Sessions said the six countries were chosen for exclusion on the grounds that their governments were "unable or unwilling to provide the information we need" to vet incoming people "responsibly".

Trump signs new travel ban executive order targeting six countries
The original ban, signed late January and knocked down by a federal judge eight days later, was proposed to defend the US from terrorist attacks, despite no individual from those countries having killed a single American in a terrorist attack on US soil since 2001.

Nearly all travellers were banned under the first order for 90 days and Syrian refugees were suspended indefinitely.

No Syrian refugee had even been charged with the intent to carry out an attack on US soil in more than four decades, according to a report by the Cato Institute.

In the new ban, Syrian refugees will only be barred for 120 days, the same as all other refugees. Iraq has also been taken off the list, and green card holders will no longer be ensnared by the ban.

The President has ignored a report from the Department of Homeland Security which said barring people from certain countries would not reduce the terrorist threat.

Many recent attacks were carried out by US-born citizens, and the ban does not address white extremism like the case of Dylann Roof who killed nine African American churchgoers in 2015 in Charleston.

Trump to sign new travel ban executive order today excluding Iraq

This is the other travel ban that people aren’t talking about
The President has stated the new executive order will start to be phased in on 16 March. The last ban was declared to start immediately because the President said he did not want "bad dudes" to have a window to still get into the US.

He has also asked for a report from various government agencies to determine the “long-term costs” of admitting and supporting refugees in the US and how he can seek to curtail those costs.

The new ban does nothing to increase vetting of travellers from the countries which produced the dozen terrorists who came to the US more than 17 years ago, trained to fly planes at a US institution and crashed into the Twin Towers in New York, killing more than 2,000 people.